Here is what a competitive Bikini model winner looks like

Options

Replies

• Milly406
    Options
    *prepares for the ****storm of "I don't want to look like that"*

Well I don't find her attractive so no, I don't want to look like that. More power to her and to her admirers but she totally ain't my cup of tea.

Agreed. I'm sure she is incredibly healthy and all the power to her. I would not like to look like that though. A little too manly I think.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I think it gets a bit boring day after day reading the same old posts! there are going to be two sides to the story- some like the lean look some dont! Life would be pretty boring if we all liked and agreed on the same things.

I find posts like this a bit silly really, people feel the 'need' to educate women on why they should want muslces etc etc. Most of us already do and dont need to be sat down and told in a 'there there' manner that muscles are hot. This kind of thread will inevitably then lead us to judge other women and categorise them to be fat or lean, who are we to judge anyway? What happened to the old fashioned beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

This^^^ however I wouldn't mind my body looking like Tianna Ta's in or out of season. Though I don't aspire to look like some of them, they still all look great! Embrace individuality... I want to look how I want to look and still think they look awesome! More power to them for achieving the look THEY want. :drinker:

Now if only I could get my butt in gear and do the same.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I think it gets a bit boring day after day reading the same old posts! there are going to be two sides to the story- some like the lean look some dont! Life would be pretty boring if we all liked and agreed on the same things.

I find posts like this a bit silly really, people feel the 'need' to educate women on why they should want muslces etc etc. Most of us already do and dont need to be sat down and told in a 'there there' manner that muscles are hot. This kind of thread will inevitably then lead us to judge other women and categorise them to be fat or lean, who are we to judge anyway? What happened to the old fashioned beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

This^^^ however I wouldn't mind my body looking like Tianna Ta's in or out of season. Though I don't aspire to look like some of them, they still all look great! Embrace individuality... I want to look how I want to look and still think they look awesome! More power to them for achieving the look THEY want. :drinker:

Because people go on about attractiveness when as you say, its in the eye of the beholder.

Its hard not to defend the look when you get people saying "Ewwwww" and "she looks like a man".

Would it be ok for me to say "Ewwwww, she's 100lb over weight and looks like a whale? Why would they want to look like that?".

Ps - thats not what I think, just giving an example.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

Its hard not to defend the look when you get people saying "Ewwwww" and "she looks like a man".

Would it be ok for me to say "Ewwwww, she's 100lb over weight and looks like a whale? Why would look like that?".

:laugh:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options

Because people go on about attractiveness when as you say, its in the eye of the beholder.

Would it be ok for me to say "Ewwwww, she's 100lb over weight and looks like a whale? Why would look like that?".

Ps - thats not what I think, just giving an example.

Well you know there are plenty of women walking around looking like men who don't work out at all - so I don't really think fitness has much to do with it. I don't say ewwwwwww about them either - some women purposely want to look like men too. I don't, but they do so whatever makes them happy. I get it - it's a defensive reaction... if people would just be more open minded and accept everydoby's individuality and stop ewwwwwwing at someone they "think" has too much muscle, too much fat, not enough fat or muscle... then things would be much nicer! Yes - I live in an ideal world. I think all the contestants posted look fabulous.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Well you know there are plenty of women walking around looking like men who don't work out at all - so I don't really think fitness has much to do with it. I don't say ewwwwwww about them either - some women purposely want to look like men too. I don't, but they do so whatever makes them happy. I get it - it's a defensive reaction... if people would just be more open minded and accept everydoby's individuality and stop ewwwwwwing at someone they "think" has too much muscle, too much fat, not enough fat or muscle... then things would be much nicer! Yes - I live in an ideal world. I think all the contestants posted look fabulous.

Yeah, unfortunately this is MFP and people get their kicks by throwing stones.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    Did I tell you not to express your opinion? No, that's why I asked. :noway:

ANYWAY
    This is the perfect in-between body to me.
    2cdddf6.jpg
    Yeah I likes Tianna!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I went to reply and saw so much drama in here! lol

I wouldn't want to look like the body builder in the initial post, but what an amazing body!!!
    I like a little less muscle...but not "that much less" lol.

Everyone has their own personal goals, what they would like to look like, what their men/women like etc.

People have to respect eachothers opinions.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is TIANNA TA

interview-tianna-ta_asm.jpg

IDEA Fitness member

I can't see the pic and I'm so damn curious now. lol
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    The other girls are pretty, and FAR prettier in their off-season photos. The things I REALLY can't get behind though are the fake "lego boobs" as one poster described them, and the awful fake tan. What's so wrong with a natural tan or *heaven forbid* a natural skin tone? And trust me, that opinion goes for ANYONE male or female, (the tan, if a guy wants fake boobs, who am I to stop him?!). Leave the orange to Snookie and Red Fraggle.
    Boobs looks different when then compete compared to when they are off season.With body fat low, the skin is practically the only thing covering them. And the tan is temporary. When you get on stage the lights "wash" away detail if your skin it too light.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Well as long as were randomly posting pics

China so could have been a Bikini model winner ;)

China.jpg
    China used to compete in female bodybuilding. Doesn't really fit the criteria of a Bikini competitor.

IDEA Fitness member
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    bump to look at later
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Silly? Most women think that women that compete are all "muscly" women when it's further from the truth. The intention was to show that there is a difference in the competitive classes.
    Not all women want to look "competitive" but if you've looked at many of the offseason posts, the muscle they display is subtle.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Still in the spirit of posting random pics I think that Lucy Lawless has the total IDEAL body, I would totally love it if after my journey my body looked like this

Xena.gif

Xena2.jpg

Xena3.jpg

I think my hubby would be a happy camper too =)
    She's aging well. I've watched her in the "Spartacus" series and she still looks great.

IDEA Fitness member
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Wow, she looks harder than a rock. That must take a ton of dedication.

I expected her to look a little scary from being so muscley, but she mainly looks cut.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    The other girls are pretty, and FAR prettier in their off-season photos. The things I REALLY can't get behind though are the fake "lego boobs" as one poster described them, and the awful fake tan. What's so wrong with a natural tan or *heaven forbid* a natural skin tone? And trust me, that opinion goes for ANYONE male or female, (the tan, if a guy wants fake boobs, who am I to stop him?!). Leave the orange to Snookie and Red Fraggle.
    Boobs looks different when then compete compared to when they are off season.With body fat low, the skin is practically the only thing covering them. And the tan is temporary. When you get on stage the lights "wash" away detail if your skin it too light.
    [/quote]

Too right. Looks silly off stage but you look casper white on stage when viewed in the real world without a tan.
  • floodofnoise
    floodofnoise Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    She looka lika man
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Okay, I don't know much about whatever this sport is called, but I have a (probably dumb) question. I have heard when women workout so hard to lose all (or nearly all) their body fat they cease to have a period and the reason some of them have fake booboo's is because they sorta shrink up. This stuff happens because when they physically exert themselves so extremely, the hormones get messed up. Isn't it unhealthy for a woman to go in and out of this state? Just askin'...?
    Not all have those issues. Many of the competitors have had kids. As for boob shrinkage, it's part of the game. Boobs are mostly fat tissue and when your body fat is low, that will deflate the boobs. Boob jobs are common in Fitness, Figure and Bikini competitors.

IDEA Fitness member
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I would love to look like that! Fake b00bies and all!! :drinker:

LOL!
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    *prepares for the ****storm of "I don't want to look like that"*

Lalalaaaa, nah sorry bit too much for me.

Edit: I like the pics of her that were posted later on.