Here is what a competitive Bikini model winner looks like

Options

Replies

• Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful and her commitment to training hard is inspiring! I would have no problem having her body vs my flabby one!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Did I tell you not to express your opinion? No, that's why I asked. :noway:

ANYWAY
    This is the perfect in-between body to me.
    2cdddf6.jpg

she is gorgeous with a rocking bod!
    ^^Agreed! Once again, I don't really aspire to look like that (for one thing, I am incapable of tanning and look silly with a fake tan on my redheaded complexion and for another thing, I have ugly tummy skin from being so heavy for so long so I'll never look pretty in a bikini without plastic surgery, which I won't ever get), but she DOES look gorgeous!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    care to explain the difference?
    "Toned" is terminology that was derived from the Pilates/Yoga introduction to Fitness organization's to give it a more "feminine" appeal. You don't "tone" muscle you "tone it up". Muscle isn't "toned" (there's no medical reference to it) it's conditioned or not conditioned.
    So if you say you want to "tone up" your muscle to make it more conditioned, then it's correct.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Semantics to the average person.
    I did say that in an earlier post. But to some like me, it different. I don't care for people to call San Francisco, Frisco. Nothing wrong with explaining right terminology.

IDEA Fitness member
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    So, why in the world are all the women coming into this thread posting plus size-esque bikini models on a competitive bikini bodybuilder thread? .

Sorry, I didn't think that the model in the white swimsuit was fat. So I decided to actually look up some plus size bikini models

KellyBrookBikini.jpg.

robyn-lawley-cosmo-oct-2011-03.jpg

1115_S_Ashley-Graham-11.jpg

And I guess if you only look at the first picture, its pretty similar in physique. She's a size 12. Didn't realize that you only had to be a size 12 to be considered a plus model.

The second picture was more of my preconceived notions about being plus size model...and I dont see how the girl in the white suit looks anything like that.

I don't think she was fat, either, but she would not be considered a winner in a bikini competition, either. Gorgeous girl, though.
  • StacyFrisbie
    StacyFrisbie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can see how the look of low body fat % could put people off. This is not an everyday norm. These people spill blood, sweat, and tears to get to this level. In the offseason, she looks more like this

stacey_alexander_thumb.jpg

I like this one much better, she looks softer, more voluptuous. Beautiful in both pics, but I honestly don't think the bodybuilder look is attractive to me. If a guy can't walk with his arms at his sides, if a woman has to bob side to side when she walks cause her stride length is too short, or if a guy's shoulders look like a bunch of rocks glued together I just think that's over the top, and unattractive TO ME. Just my opinion though, and I agree for those who like it, they have to work their freaking *kitten* off to get there :-)
    Options
    If any one has questions on body building bikini models or the like, I'm happy to answer - I know quite a few from my links in the sport (even had one stay over at the house last night :bigsmile: ) so feel free to ask! :smile:

So how old are they? Is there some sort of age limit to compete this way? And height requirements. Are these 5'10" and above or are there any that are around 5'7"?

I am 34 and 5'5". There were ladies as young as 18 and as short as 5' to women as mature as 54 and 6' tall. There is no age or height discrimination.
  • kelley663
    Options
    Was trying to find the word I wanted to use to describe her body , empowering !! I think she looks AMAZING in both Pics !!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    ew.
    Don't think they'd say the same of you if they saw your pic? Could be a little more respectful.

IDEA Fitness member
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    First off Chyna used steroids to get that body (she grew a penis. I'm not kidding)

Hahaha kinda goes back to my "she looks like a man at first glace" comment

What that poster said about her having a penis is a lie. Good grief, you all will just say anything............

If you have nothing nice to say, why do you even post on the these threads? Just to stir up trouble?

I was well on my way to be a competing body builder when I was in the Army. I had a great coach. A lot of personal stuff happened in my life that interfered with me being able to compete and I was pretty "hard" looking in the body and I never had a shortage of men trying to date me..............
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    No one has mentioned anything about personalities yet? Oh right... because we don't care about that here.

Heh. Last week my trainer told me "if you have boobs, we don't care about personality".
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    What do you eat to look like that. I'm jealous.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason.... Google her... feminine, beautiful.

Wow!! She is beautiful
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    Her torso looks disgusting.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I wonder what some of these "models" would look like in a few years after the extra hormones take a toll on their endocrine systems???
    Are you implying that they are juiced?

IDEA Fitness member
    Options
    First off Chyna used steroids to get that body (she grew a penis. I'm not kidding)

Hahaha kinda goes back to my "she looks like a man at first glace" comment

What that poster said about her having a penis is a lie. Good grief, you all will just say anything............

If you have nothing nice to say, why do you even post on the these threads? Just to stir up trouble?

I was well on my way to be a competing body builder when I was in the Army. I had a great coach. A lot of personal stuff happened in my life that interfered with me being able to compete and I was pretty "hard" looking in the body and I never had a shortage of men trying to date me..............

I asked my husband about a picture I saw of a gorgeous, strong woman with abs better than some men and he said um, no, but he did like the look I had when I competed this past November. I'm thinking somewhere in between and we'll both be happy. :bigsmile:

ETA: All of my guy friends were like "WHOA! I bet your husband is enjoying your new body!"
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I can see how the look of low body fat % could put people off. This is not an everyday norm. These people spill blood, sweat, and tears to get to this level. In the offseason, she looks more like this

stacey_alexander_thumb.jpg

I admire both looks but I think I perfer her "off season look" =)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    and one day (hopefully September) that will be a picture of me! :bigsmile:

ETA: minus the fake boobs - they are nice, but I'll keep my real ones.
    You have the potential!

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I'd love to be that fit but unfortunately I don't have the time to workout that hard. That probably takes a couple of hours of intense exercise a day. I've chosen a different life with my kids and work and community involvement. I'll get as close as I can with my hour a day moderate exercise. I have added cross-fit 2 times a week which should get me a little closer, but dang I'm no where near a solid body like that.
    Actually most of them don't take more than an hour to workout. It's the diet that makes the difference.

IDEA Fitness member
    Options
    and one day (hopefully September) that will be a picture of me! :bigsmile:

ETA: minus the fake boobs - they are nice, but I'll keep my real ones.
    You have the potential!

IDEA Fitness member

thanks Joe!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Like most women, I prefer the off-season look.

The great news? I'm not a bikini model, so every season is off season for me! :drinker: