Here is what a competitive Bikini model winner looks like

Options

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I think she looks pretty good, both while competing and off season. She may not be curvy enough for some, but I think its far better than some of the matchstick figure celebrities in the media.

And I have nothing against curves. Variety is the spice of life. ;)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    First off Chyna used steroids to get that body (she grew a penis. I'm not kidding)

Secondly
    [Tianna WAY beats out this girl.

This girl does have real boobs and that's nice... but they are on the large side. My husband doesn't like tits that roll out and flop to either side. LOL. He loves my tits because they hold their shape when I'm flat on my back :P So, for what it's worth, my husband would NOT want these boobs on me.

I definitely wouldn't want stick-on lego fake boobs. But I have a great *kitten*, if I do say so myself... and I'd sacrifice on the tits to get the rest of my body in perfect condition. And the bodybuilder chicks have great bods compared to this girl, and that's my opinion of course. This girl is thick in the middle and lower body more so than I'd like for myself.

Jesus CHRIST that is just nasty. No wonder us women have such issues with our bodies when hateful **** like that is said about a gorgeous, HEALTHY woman.

Probably the most hypocritical post I've read this week... Flat out saying nasty things about a woman (Chyna) and then insulting another poster for saying nasty things about a woman?
    tigerpalm.jpg
  • dancingincircles84
    Options
    My thighs are starting to look a little like that. Right above the knee I can see a lot more muscle than I used to have!
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    *prepares for the ****storm of "I don't want to look like that"*

Well I don't. I'd like to keep some cushion. I don't want a rock hard body. I'd rather be toned, but still look and feel soft like a woman. I'm just saying... :smile:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    This is no where near what I was expecting! She looks amazing!!! I am used to see women who are way to bulky for my taste, but this woman looks amazingly perfect in her propotions.

While I would probably never want to have (or be able to have) a body like that, I gotta give her props for being is such amazing shape! And I like that she doesn't appear to be a juicer, like many female body builders (I realize she is a bikini competitor, not a body builder, but just making the comparison). Her muscles are proportionate to her body and just very lean and defined. Most of the time when you see women who have these enormous bulky muscles, it's because they're taking "enhancements." Women lack the testosterone to bulk up like men, unless they're supplementing.

Kudos to her for being in better shape than I'll ever be in my life!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Certainly some folks do have experience in the area, but I feel like a lot of people just don't understand competitions and that's where a lot of the judgement comes from.

The 'on-season' for a bikini model really isn't a season. Those of you saying you want the off-season look, that's is her 'look'...depending on how many competitions they do on-season is just a handful of days a year. When you're in a competition, your body is a tool that you use to reach a goal. Those stage pictures are a show of that person reaching that goal. The work they've done is extremely impressive.

I don't have a tremendous amount of experience in this area, but I have some with weight class competitions (power lifting and judo) in both high school and college. I was never particularly good, but I had an opportunity to train with some amazing athletes. The amount of work they put in and the dedication I saw in my time with them was simply awe inspiring. If you can't respect the look, respect the work, dedication, and sheer force of will on display.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    ew.
    Don't think they'd say the same of you if they saw your pic? Could be a little more respectful.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This was totally uncalled for and extremely rude.

Yes, I totally agree that simply saying "ew" about someone (per the urban dictionary "an exclamation of disgust") is totally uncalled for and extremely rude. It's important to remember from time to time that when we say things, even simple things, they can have impact (even on the interwebz). There are women on here who are competitive models or asipring to become competitive models and don't really appreciate for their goal to be described in such a way.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend looks awesome! I just wish there weren't such a high emphasis on the boobies. As a small-chested woman, I know we little gals have few role models: Debra Messing, Kate Hudson, but not many. I wish we could have more natural role models for great healthy, fit bodies w/o the saline. Nothing agains the gals that go that route, but when that's all you see, it isn't as much about that being one choice, but that being the only acceptable choice aesthetically. And yes, I know that isn't every man's pefection, but all the pics make it look that way.

Kate Hudson got a boob job (a small one---but still a boob job) :( I'm a busty girl and always have been, but I think the small chested ladies need some representing too!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    *prepares for the ****storm of "I don't want to look like that"*

As much as I respect and admire her for the work and dedicaiton she has clearly put into achieving this look... I honestly don't want to look like that.

There is nothing wrong with either personal goal. :)
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I'm all for heavy lifting and sexy sleek muscles, but never would I want to look like that.

Then again i've never understood competitions like this so I guess that's why i don't find this appealing at all. Same goes with men competitions..no thank you.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    KellyBrookBikini.jpg

THIS! :) No one likes to cuddle with a bag of forks.

So since we can't label this woman as "fat", let's state the facts. This woman has a higher than "healthy" body fat percentage. Probably in the high 30s, which qualifies as "obese". She's definitely not in a healthy BMI range. So no, it's not "sad" that someone labeled her as "fat". By all scientific definitions she is "fat". She's beautiful and maybe she's a great person, so really her level of body fat is probably not that important. But she is "fat". And this picture is either photo shopped or she's genetically very lucky. Usually fat does lie that smoothly. There'd usually be more "lumps" and cellulite. So this "healthy ideal" is not only NOT healthy but it's not real or achievable for most women.

Secondly, Niner posted this to show what a competitive bikini model looks like. He did NOT say "Women SHOULD look like this". He did NOT say "Post your ideal body here".
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    but, this thread was all about competitive bikini models winners... I don't think the intent was to tell us why women should lift weights or gain muscle, etc., but, instead to SHOW us a picture of a winning competitive bikini model.... The OP was not judging or forcing anyone to like this look.
    This. Thanks Bry.

IDEA Fitness member
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    ew.
    Don't think they'd say the same of you if they saw your pic? Could be a little more respectful.

IDEA Fitness member

This was totally uncalled for and extremely rude.

Yes, I totally agree that simply saying "ew" about someone (per the urban dictionary "an exclamation of disgust") is totally uncalled for and extremely rude. It's important to remember from time to time that when we say things, even simple things, they can have impact (even on the interwebz). There are women on here who are competitive models or asipring to become competitive models and don't really appreciate for their goal to be described in such a way.

Right. I'm all about celebrating and respecting your body and ultimate goals. I aspire to become a figure competitor. Let's not body-bash here. If I went into a thread that praised body fat percentages higher than my goal BF, I wouldn't insult anyone by saying "ew, they are just too fat for my taste". It's disrespectful.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Nice legs. But way to orange for me... She's starting to look crispy. You would think someone who obviously cares about being healthy wouldn't tan themselves to death... :/
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    KellyBrookBikini.jpg

THIS! :) No one likes to cuddle with a bag of forks.

So since we can't label this woman as "fat", let's state the facts. This woman has a higher than "healthy" body fat percentage. Probably in the high 30s, which qualifies as "obese". She's definitely not in a healthy BMI range. So no, it's not "sad" that someone labeled her as "fat". By all scientific definitions she is "fat". She's beautiful and maybe she's a great person, so really her level of body fat is probably not that important. But she is "fat". And this picture is either photo shopped or she's genetically very lucky. Usually fat does lie that smoothly. There'd usually be more "lumps" and cellulite. So this "healthy ideal" is not only NOT healthy but it's not real or achievable for most women.

Secondly, Niner posted this to show what a competitive bikini model looks like. He did NOT say "Women SHOULD look like this". He did NOT say "Post your ideal body here".

If I remember correctly she's also still quite young, which does help in the presentation of her voluptuousness.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    If you're a trainer and that's your idea of a perfect body I would hate to have a you as a trainer. This is the exception, not the norm.
    Lol, funny how people like to take a thread and make it personal. Trust me when I say this is NOT what most of my female clients aspire to achieve. I train them to what THEY want to achieve. And consequentially, if that's your attitude, I wouldn't want you as a client. See? We're even.:wink:

IDEA Fitness member
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Nice legs. But way to orange for me... She's starting to look crispy. You would think someone who obviously cares about being healthy wouldn't tan themselves to death... :/

I know some lay out, some use tanning beds, but I think quite a few are going the way of the spray tan too.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    They spray tan the crap out of you the day of competition. Why is everyone so critical???
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

More than likely a spray tan. You should see the shade difference in my buddies who competitive body build. Fairly normal complexion before show. Look brown within an hour thanks to a guy and his tanning spray.
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options

It's spray on and fake, they paint them on with sponges. ;)