Yep, my co-worker seriously just said this to me

Options

Replies

• oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to do that, then I turned 25.
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Your co worker is not only heading to Burger king after that Bojangles biscuit but he is also headed to the ER in need of a triple bypass cardiology surgery for a massive heart attack at that rate. I bet his cholesterol is horrendous.
  • doreenwc
    doreenwc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    she asked me when the baby is due. I'm not pregnant.

Reminds me when I WAS 7-8 months pregnant with my second. This jackbutt I worked with was going to retire. I said I may not see you when you visit as I may be on maturnity leave. He replied. OH I THOUGHT YOU JUST GAINED MORE WEIGHT!

There are idiots out there that just dont know how to keep their feet OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS! Rude Rude people!
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's related to Rick Santorum. What a boob.

Was this really necessary to bring politics into this ?
  • msapril177
    msapril177 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I overeard two coworkers a while back talking about how they were refusing to eat more than 1000 calories/day so they could lose weight. I also just had two close friends say this, however, they said that majority of their 1000 calories was going to be a certain energy drink.

I by no means am a pro (maybe a pro at gaining and losing the same 10 freaking lbs) and have had my days with "fad diets" but I wanted to smack both of them.

Don't call me when your heart explodes and/or when you can't keep that up and decide to actually eat again and gain 50 lbs.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    ^ this right here is why it should be legal to shoot/hang/choke an annoying co-worker........The nerve!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hilarious! Similar things happen to me all the time now. Just last week, I had several co-workers get an attitude, snap at me, and give me dirty looks because I refused to eat the GIGANTIC donuts/bagels bought by another co-worker who's also "skinnyfat". One in particular told me to have a bagel with cream cheese, climb the stairs a few times, and get over it (with genuine anger/resentment in her voice)! lol

It's crazy, too, because I don't beat people to death with my healthy eating/exercise choices. I just do my thing and let them do theirs. It's amazing how people change towards you when they feel inadequate. On the upside, that's great for you! Your strength and positivity radiate and jealous people a.k.a haters can't handle it!

Keep up the great work! :wink:
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well I havea co-worker that actually said to me that losing the weight won't help me relieve my arthritis in my shoulder. I come to realize that people are ignorant of their comments. I'm losing this weight to feel better, to live healthier and to hopefully overcome the pain in my shoulder. Keep up the great job everyone!
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    He'll probably change his tune after he has a heart attack from his fast-food-clogged-arteries!

^^^^^^That's EXACTLY what I thought!
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    We went to the beach with one of my husbands co-workers and his family the other day, and it was my first time meeting his wife. About 3 minutes after introducing ourselves, she asked me when the baby is due. I'm not pregnant. I just don't understand why people feel the need to say anything at all, ever. If the food isn't going into his mouth, he needs to keep his thoughts to himself. It's not affecting him in the least. If you don't know a woman is pregnant or not, don't say anything. People just appall me sometimes.

I think coworkers can be the cruelest. a lady I work with saw me looking at a baby outfit and asked if I was already looking at clothes. I said I'm not having anymore babies and she said "Oh yes, i think you are" I can't have anymore and personally 5 is enough.
  • rataliek
    rataliek Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've found in the workplace that it's easier for those around us to joke at the healthy decisions we're making than to admit they aren't very healthy. I have a co-worker who works in an office 10 feet away who consistently makes fun of my "rabbit food," as he calls it. He also overheard me mentioning all my trigger foods that I can't say no to (basically french fries, cookies and cheeseburgers...all the death of me) and since then he has brought in a giant box of cookies for the office and proceeds to eat junk in front of me. Just now he went to Five Guys, asked me in a joking manner if I wanted anything and proceeded to ask me at least three times if I wanted any french fries when he got back. I'm stronger than that to just give in, but boy oh boy is it frustrating.

I have noticed multiple bags of carrot sticks in the fridge and less sodas and bad snacks since I started this lifestyle change so as long as I can influence others and stay healthy myself, he can keep his 4,000 calorie daily diet.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    It's so hard not to be rude to people like this. grrrr!!

Oh no it's easy.

I would have informed him that he is a subservient 'beta' of a man..and his ability to sustain life is as puzzling as it is a testament to the existence of Satan. If I had to choose between having your physique or drowning in a boiling cesspool of the most vile compilation of filth ever known to man-kind...I would surely, and without hesitation, choose the latter. I would travel to the furthermost remote corners of the earth to avoid you...if only I weren't plagued by the mere thought that your infectious, cystic, personality continued to plague humanity.

George Bush was a plague too.

I'm 14 years old.

NWO.
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Some people just aren't good socially....good for you for sticking with your healthy habits, in the end we can only be responsible for our own actions. Seems I've been really lucky in co-workers. We all eat together everyday and everyone packs their lunches. Good homemade stuff, with lots of fruits and veggies. It makes it so much easier to eat healthy when everyone is doing it!
  • MrsEb79
    MrsEb79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    People that say crap like that are just jealous. Keep doing what you're doing and living a healthy life and his bad choices will catch up to him at some point. They always do. ;)
  • MrsEb79
    MrsEb79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    my coworkers just talk about it behind my back...or question the girl I work the closest with (we eat lunch together every day). Their poor little heads almost exploded when I stopped eating in the break room with all of them....wonder why, when everything i eat gets analyzed. Now they just assume I dont eat.

Felice, that's why I just eat at my desk and don't bother with any of them. It's so annoying. Grow up people!
  • nessafly
    Options
    What an *kitten*! It's so strange how you can be teased/picked on for eating healthy around others. How dare we eat such foods as apples, carrots, yogurt & V8 while others around are eating french fries, grilled cheese, soda and candy bars?!!! I once was accused of being anorexic because I was eating healthy! Don't people want to have a long & healthy life? :tongue:
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's related to Rick Santorum. What a boob.

*spits water on screen*

Love it. :)
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    friggin ignoramous
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    You do look great! and you did the right thing by ignoring his ignorance. if he's not ready to hear it, it won't matter what you say...
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I Love my MFP family- you guys ROCK!!! Reading your responses have made my day and made me laugh- Hugs to you all :flowerforyou: