Anyone with 100lbs or more to lose?

Options

Replies

• babyredfairy
    Options
    I have 100- 120 to lose ^.^
  • kgunnoe79
    Options
    I am in the same boat. My dietician recommended that I lose 140 pounds to get back in healthy shape. I have only been overweight for 13 years but I know it's such a struggle. I stopped smoking around the same time I started putting on weight and have just ballooned from their. It was so hard to stop smoking but I think this weightloss is much harder. I'm a foody and I love to eat. I was raised to clean my plate and never to waste food. My family is German so a lot of fried foods and high fat foods...along with exasperating portions. That was all normal for me. I never saw anything wrong with it. Can you believe I actually wondered why I was gaining so much weight when I stopped smoking? I thought...I'm not doing anything any different than before. Then about a month and a half ago I started seeing a dietician. I originally went in to see about gastric bypass but soon realized how scary that was and that even if I had the surgery, I would still have to drastically change my life. I started counting my calories and went on a high protein diet and never had any idea that my caloric intake daily was well over 4000! So...I weighed in at a whopping 297 lbs. at that time and today I am now at 284. I have started exercising in spurts...10 minutes elliptical 3 times a day and weight training to build muscle (3 reps of 15 at 40lbs arm pushes, shoulder pulls, and 3 reps of 30 at 40 lbs leg lifts). I am going to keep this going because I never knew how good I could feel after doing all that exercise. I went from sitting on the couch 24 hours a day (or laying in bed watching tv) I am now out and about, taking my dog for walks, exercising, and walking to go get my son from school instead of driving. It didn't kill me like I thought! Who knew??? LOL I am having difficulties with cravings as I'm sure everyone else is...but I just took my dieticians advice and if I start to get uncomfortable, I go find something to do to get my mind off of it. If anyone else would like to friend me, please feel free. I just started this MFP yesterday and need some friends :) I would love to hear stories and support anyone else who needs it. This is a difficult thing to do.
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I know we are all here to lose weight whether it be 10lbs or 100lbs however from past experience I have found that when they have reached goal you never hear from them again.
    Hi, I'm at the other end of the journey. I just finished losing 100 pounds, I'm one of those people who didn't dissappear and wants nothing more than to help everyone else get here! LOL Anyway. I am standing up and cheering for all of you, DONT GIVE UP, You'll get there before you know it. If you need any advice, tips, suggestions or a kick in the pants, just ask, anytime.
  • jessicaxochitl
    Options
    add me, I'm looking to lose about 100 lbs
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have 100lb to lose, ideally 110 but 10lb either way of 100 I will be ecstatic. Feel free to add me (goes for anyone) will happily chat to everyone :D x
  • mickyjg
    Options
    I have about 140 to go. The more the merrier!

me too :smile: :smile:
  • kma36519
    kma36519 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had 155 pounds to lose when I started and have lost 13 pounds so far. Feel free to add me!
  • lbailey1978
    lbailey1978 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose, feel free to add me :)
  • cherokeebunnie
    cherokeebunnie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a 105 pounds to loose the last time I was on the scale I only had 81 more to go... I started this 100 days ago...
  • katiemae07
    katiemae07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm working on getting rid of 101 pounds
  • Rockstar_sister
    Rockstar_sister Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've got a ton to lose! Actually well over 100! Let's sport each other!
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm just at 100 more pounds to go. I've had quite a struggle with weightloss due to pcos and pkd. I've recently started supplementing with all natural products to help my insuline resistance and started detoxing, I've never felt better. Here's to helping each other with our goals :)

All friend requests welcomed.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have over 100lbs to lose. I would like to lose at least 120lbs then reevaluate my progress. I have been overweight my entire life. I just love food. I have been using MFP for almost 2months now and have only dropped 4lbs. However despite the little weight loss I have lost inches my friends say I look more toned, and I feel better.

I'm impressed! I think if I wouldn't have lost early in the journey, I would not have stuck with it. It takes a lot of maturity and self awareness to continue with this when you're not getting the results you want on the scale! The health habits you're building will last a lifetime.

Excellent work!
  • gettingoldblows
    gettingoldblows Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My target is 100 lbs--nice ROUND number! Ugh! This is gonna take work and perseverance and I'm gonna need all the help and motivation I can get.

Feel free to add me as well.
  • Add me!! I am 25% to my goal and have lost 57 pounds so far - way more than 100 lbs to lose :)
  • twinsmom1988
    Options
    Add me! I have over 150 lbs to lose and just started my journey yesterday so I will need all the help, pep talks and motivation I can get. :)
  • spotofdirt
    spotofdirt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I have 100 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. 10 down so far! Looking to find and give support through here.
  • jazgold
    jazgold Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am at just one hundred lbs, so add me on. I am trying to get to the gym a few times a week.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    WOW thanks so much to everyone who replied to my plight,added me as a friend and sent me lovely messages. I think I should be rather more honest and say that I have 197lbs to lose but was rather embarassed :blushing: to state that as before. In fact I feel quite upset even typing that but I know that I have no-one to blame only myself but I know now with the help of you lovely people I will get there some day!
  • dgwaters
    dgwaters Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well I am with you too. Been on the roller coaster most of my life and now I have found out I must do something for health reasons. I want to be around to watch my grandkids grow up!! Been on the plan for 2 weeks now. It seems to be a good way for me to learn what is a reasonable meal. Good Luck!