• Trinketona
    Options
    Chew gum
  • TurnLeftNow
    Options
    Eat them
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    A table spoon of honey on my porridge, one piece of a dairy milk chocolate bar, a 35 calorie yogurt, carrots.. Believe it or not they are sweet after you eliminate sugar from your diet, a half can of coconut juice/ water.
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
  • wildearthmama
    Options
    I keep a bottle of REAL maple syrup in the fridge. Since it's a natural (not processed) sugar, it digests mostly in your mouth. So, have a tablespoon full, swish it around, then swallow. It'll help break your craving for processed sugar. Or you could eat a piece of fruit. Or just not give in! The more you cheat, the longer the cravings will last. Of course, real sugar like maple syrup and fruit is not cheating, if you really need a fix!
  • oh4petesake
    Options
    Excellent you turned to posting.
    :wink:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Eat them
    This.
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you are craving. Don't go eat a whole pint of ice cream or anything like that. Limit it. Believe me, it's best to give in to a small portion of your craving. If not, you'll crave it even more later on down the road, and when you do give in, you GIVE IN way too much!
  • SnTsMum
    SnTsMum Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm in the "eat them" department.
  • LivieUlchabhan
    Options
    I plan a day of the month when I can have something! However if you really need to cheat have a piece of dark chocolate, it's not only good but good for you! ;)
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you are craving. Don't go eat a whole pint of ice cream or anything like that. Limit it. Believe me, it's best to give in to a small portion of your craving. If not, you'll crave it even more later on down the road, and when you do give in, you GIVE IN way too much!

Exactly!!
  • zoeeeg
    Options
    hot chocolate! If you use the powdered stuff and just add hot water to it its usually not much more than 150 calories, and it fills you up pretty well! I usually have this or a cup of "bengal spice tea" after dinner to kill the craving.
  • lizzy00125
    Options
    I am obsessed with Nutella so when I get a sweet craving I eat a spoonful.
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Eat them
    This.
    me too. in moderation. usually go for something like yogurt!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I find sweets really hit the spot when I want something sweet.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I first try seeing if it will pass, I read somewhere cravings last about 21 minutes .. so far it's been true 15 mins or so for me.
    If the cravings keep coming back frequently I try having a healthier version of whatever I'm craving.
    If that doesn't work, or if I know already that alternatives never hit the "spot" I eat it in moderation so I don't completely go crazy when I break down later!
    Besides this is supposed to be a lifestyle change and if it's something I can't do or live without for the rest of my life .. I try to balance it into my life.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Have some actual food. Maybe you're hungry. If so, the food will satiate you and the craving may go away. Works for me often.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i have a cup of homemade chai

OR

baked sweet potato with cinnamon and nutmeg and a little butter. if i close my eyes really tight i can pretend it's the a slice of sweet potato pie

OR

I just have some water and THINK about all the cool stuff I could be eating.

but to make sure I dont get attacked by the sweet fairy in a dark alley, i will indulge in something treat wise once ever 2-3 weeks. last sunday it was reese's PB cups. I bought a pack on the thursday before and put it in the freezer to save for eating during the walking dead. i must have opened that freezer a million times between thursday and sunday!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I find sweets really hit the spot when I want something sweet.

Yup. If it fits in your calories, why not have some? If it doesn't, go do some exercise and earn it.
  • kaotika
    Options
    Eat them
    This.

^This. Letting it build and build just makes it so that when one does finally cave in, they over do it. Craving hits, satisfy it and squash it right then and there, most times I just want a taste and not gobs and gobs of it.