what do you do whenyou crave for sweets

Options

Replies

• AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    So far what I read no one has said it, so maybe I am definitely doing something wrong, but I have a piece of fruit, I like them all. Sorry if I missed where someone else has said that, and please feel free to tell me my fruit is wrong, I won't stop eating it, but you can tell me. :bigsmile:
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nestle make a diet chocolate mouse, its 59 calories for a tub, cures any sweet craving I have.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options

Definately a 40 cal hot chocolate! Or occasionally I'll just have a couple of sweets or half a chocolate bar.
  • lizziecasey
    Options
    diet coke or pepsi max i know theres a debate about artifical sweeteners being bad for you but until theres proof this is how i crush the cravings.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've got a tube of little chunks of dairy milk chocolate (which I've had since christmas, and its only missing about 3 chunks!) so I tend to have one of them with a coffee, and just let it melt on my tongue, rather than snarfing it down in one go :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Diet A&W rootbeer

Sugar free jello chocolate pudding.

skinny cow strawberry ice cream sandwiches 150 calories

or a couple Dove dark chocolate pieces. 35 calories each.

I change them up depending on how bad the craving is.
  • scarlettsky7
    scarlettsky7 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    zico coconut water w/ dark chocolate flavor. its a somewhat realistic alternative :)
  • velofille
    velofille Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cup of tea with a half teaspoon of sugar. The water and sugar both help, and the heat makes me less hungry :)
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    going to make some hot chocolate! thanks for the advises

and i am also going to do some exercise later- make sure I earn them:)
  • Essie2511
    Options
    Sugar free popsicles..15 calories
    Sugar free lifesavers 5 pieces 30 calories
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    5 pieces 30 cals? wow dint kno that! thats a bargain.
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    sugar free jell-o plus two tbsp of coolwhip
    sugar free popsicles
    junstin's peanut butter with chocolate
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I eat some sweets :)

Or I don't.

Depends on whether I have enough calories left for the day.
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Eat a little bit, or if you allow yourself a "splurge day" indulge a little bit.
  • Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've always been a massive chocoholic, and I get cravings a lot. But as it is Summer here in New Zealand at the moment, some of my favourite fruits like Rockmelon and strawberries are in season. So I just get whole rockmelons from the supermarket and eat that, it's sweet and helps me forget about chocolate.
  • k43la
    k43la Posts: 18
    Options
    I go through a pack of sugar free gum a day. That's helped so far (for the most part).
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Pop
    Ice cream
    Chips
    Cake

lately Ive been getting cravings for Apple Fritters :\
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Here's one. Instead posting another tasty sounding "low cal" semi-food crap snack in your face. Try this: Suck it up and don't eat it don't eat anything! How about that! It's a craving. Stop and think about what a craving is. It's hormonal. You fight that sum bltch off like all other urges you don't want to give in to. Do some yoga, meditate, eat a pickle or two. You know you have food, that you're not going to die. Retrain your body and your hormones or otherwise you'll always be at the call of your urges. Eventually, to have mastery over your intake, you're going to flat out have to kick your own *kitten*. Hell what about people giving up crazy bad drugs or alcoholism. You don't tell them to just have a little. When you master your intake, then you can plan it into your intake. If you haven't totally transformed your metabolism yet, then you need to stretch and stretch and stretch it out longer. Now if you've been super strict for over a week or two weeks, then it's all up to you on how much of a setback(time) you want to spend on it.If you're doing a low carb approach, you need to have a load day. Carb loads usually make me so tired of carbs that I don't want much more for a week. If your intake is mastered, even a 500 calorie swing shouldn't mess you up. I'd do a 500 calorie cheat, then adjust the following day, and I might even cut that intake down lower, and maybe not workout as much, in order to be able to eat less. I don't know if you've noticed, but trying to negate food with exercise sucks and is not optimal. And don't forget everytime you eat "diet" sweeteners you're adding to your toxic crap intake. Aspartame, acesulfame potassium, a pack of gum and diet drink and you're in neurotoxin city. If it's early in the day, make a cup of coffee or some caffeine. This helps alot of people. some people get more hungry on caffeine. Only you know.
  • TurnLeftNow
    Options
    I go through a pack of sugar free gum a day. That's helped so far (for the most part).

What? You do? Do you log the calories from the gum? Are you not eating very much during the day? Why so much?
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Fresh strawberries or a Kiwi