what do you do whenyou crave for sweets

Options

Replies

• HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Since it's a natural (not processed) sugar, it digests mostly in your mouth. So, have a tablespoon full, swish it around, then swallow. Of course, real sugar like maple syrup is not cheating.

Yeah, how is that theory working out for you?
  • jenlichfield
    jenlichfield Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Imagine a really disgusting food that you don't like and picture yourself eating the two foods mashed together. It's pretty good at stoping a craving. If on the other hand, you want to give in to your craving, I'd go with the other posters and say have a little amount rather than going crazy. Good luck!
  • LemonDiva
    Options
    If I give in to it fresh dates 66 Cals each... they are so sweet 1 or at the most 2 will do it!

If i don't give in i sweet a fresh slice of lemon into the next glass of water... sharp fresh and refreshing i don't want sweet after that!!!!
    That is why I'm Lemon Diva!
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    curly wurly, only 115 calories and if put in fridge you lose cals chewing it, my friend runs slimtone and this was a tip she gave me, havent been tempted in last 7 days but if I were this is what Ide go for
  • emmaoshaughnessy
    Options
    If you have the calories available eat what you are craving for. If you don't have enough available calories you could exercise and eat back your surplus calories to allow you to have your treat. You don't have to deprive yourself; we all just need to make sensible choices. Enjoy your treat, don't beet yourself up about it and savour it knowing you’re in control. :)
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Why don't you buy sugar free jellies? It only has like 9 calories per serving, I usually have double the servings, so it's not actually that bad. It's nice and sweet just like regular jelly.

I prefer Orange and the Lemon and Lime ones. If I know I've had something a little high in sugar for Breakfast or Dinner, I will make a jelly for the Evening and have some if I am craving something sweet.

It's quite hard, I have trouble getting past those cravings, sometimes you have to give in at least once in your diet or else you are just going to go insane and you will be unhappy and it could cause you to become a bit wobbly on your diet overall.
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I consider punching myself in the face...... I don't. Then I eat a Big Stick Popsicle...... <3
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I consider punching myself in the face...... I don't. Then I eat a Big Stick Popsicle...... <3

LOL
  • PlatinumPiggy
    Options
    Have a cigarette and diet coke eeek, how bad!!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I hug my wife or daughter.
  • tinacc1
    tinacc1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I eat prunes! The girls at work are so grossed out, but I don't have to worry about anyone
    stealing MY treats in the lounge!
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Milky way or chocolate options drink (100 and 40 cals)
  • ChristinaGre
    Options
    One dark chocolate hershey's kiss! only about 20 calories and it kills the craving for me... or a cup of mint tea with honey.... both work wonders....
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Have a glass of Pepsi Max - 1 calorie and it works!!
  • ChristinaGre
    Options
    ahhhh.... that is sweet...
  • truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I eat werthers sugar free hard candy.
  • justtamy
    Options
    Eat what ur craving, but dont hog out on it. "Taste it." Everything in moderation. Just have a few bites, a small piece... quench the craving, and then move on.
  • justtamy
    Options
    I eat some sweets :)

Or I don't.

Depends on whether I have enough calories left for the day.
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I eat them if it's really bad, or I'd just give in later and eat an entire pack of biscuits or something!

Sometimes I have an Options Wicked White Hot Chocolate, which is about 40cals and totally worth it with a Rich Tea (35cals) and that wards it off.

Or Hartleys Sugar Free Jelly which is only about 40cals with a tiny bit of Squeezy Condensed Milk from the tube on it.

I have a sweet tooth so these are my coping mechanisms, hope they help! :wink:
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I hug my wife or daughter.

that was sso cute!