Replies

• Peridotite
    Options
    Eat them

Yep :drinker:
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet usually in the form of Hershey Kisses and/or strawberries.
  • LeeMStephens
    Options
    Not eat them. Period. That's how you get, and stay, fat...eating a bunch of junk and not working out enough.
  • harriet_tubman
    Options
    drink diet dr. pepper or mio or something sugar free.
  • charmedlife78
    Options
    yummyyy i wish usa had cadbury hot chocolate! oh no... now im thinkin about cadbury eggs
  • bbcoachcory
    Options
    I have found that spacing my meals out to 5 or 6 a day then I do not get the cravings. Eating is a good thing. Our body needs the fuel to survive and for muscle growth. Just remember everything in moderation.
  • lkerbym
    lkerbym Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like 8.25 oz. chocolate muscle milk. I have one everyday and it makes me very happy! 100 calories and worth every sip.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I make fat free muffins or low fat banana bread. Search for the recipe on here! X
  • cupcake28
    cupcake28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I first try seeing if it will pass, I read somewhere cravings last about 21 minutes .. so far it's been true 15 mins or so for me.
    If the cravings keep coming back frequently I try having a healthier version of whatever I'm craving.
    If that doesn't work, or if I know already that alternatives never hit the "spot" I eat it in moderation so I don't completely go crazy when I break down later!
    Besides this is supposed to be a lifestyle change and if it's something I can't do or live without for the rest of my life .. I try to balance it into my life.

Sound like the best plan to me...... I do however keep a stock of Option hot chocolates ornly 40cals portion, these are my best friend.

However I also find the hot chocolate really isnt doing it for me I have whatever it is a craving I just make sure I log it and adjust accordingly for the day. :0)
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    1) Delay - the urge usually goes
    2) Have a small one
    3) Have an alternative - choc highlights or fruit
    4) If all else fails, write down how much I want sweets vs how much I want to be healthy.
  • traveller888
    traveller888 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I eat them usually, but just part of a serving. If they are small they last if you eat them slowly. Put it in a bowl/on a plate and put the bag or container away. Otherwise, get a small spoon and eat slowly (like ice cream)...make it last. Eat merigunes really slowly, too. Not many calories.

I have a perpetual sweet tooth!
  • MrsGarrett23
    Options
    Normally I just find some type of small candy or something. Its better to go ahead and eat what it is and work it off later....that's what I have been doing.
  • christinerush
    Options
    Great idea! I like to eat Body Lite Protein bites, about 39 calories and lots of protein!
  • qtcaro
    qtcaro Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a little of the sweets I want. If I try having something else, I may end up having the "something else" and still coming back to what I wanted and end up eating more.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Eat them

Me too
  • Mabelbabel
    Options
    If possible I brush my teeth or use a mouthwash.......failing that I'll eat what I crave just to a lesser amount.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Have a candy!

Don't hoover a pint of Ice Cream! But if you have a sweet craving, have a little something sweet.

For me, I like a Werther's Original every now & then. Or, a small glass of milk and a couple of Oeros before bed!

If you really want to avoid any refined sugar. Have a piece of fruit.
  • rasptorte
    Options
    My naturopath suggested almonds. Apparantly, if you eat a couple of almonds, the protein in the almonds normalizes your blood sugar and kills the craving. It has been working for me quite well. You could just eat a sweet treat instead, but I find that when I give into my craving for sweets I end up having stronger cravings for sweets later on.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I eat them, log them, and budget the rest of my day's calories accordingly.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Depending on where I am at for the day I make a protein shake(frozen milk cubes, fruit, etc.) or take a protein shot (just the protein powder and 4 oz water)

Kills my craving and gives me what my body needs instead.