what do you do whenyou crave for sweets

Options

Replies

• Porcelain1981
    Porcelain1981 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If it's not pure hunger or a bad habit (i.e. stress reaction), then I opt for sweet fruit such as honeydew melon, grapes etc.

I do keep snack boxes of raisins in work for emergencies, that keep me from making worse choices.
  • mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Options
    I am obsessed with Nutella so when I get a sweet craving I eat a spoonful.

Ditto. I love chocolate, so my "dessert" is a tablespoon of nutella and a half cup (okay sometimes a full cup) of strawberries.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I usually try to ride it out. Its one of those things that quickly passes.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    me too
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of fruit, or a glass of dark chocolate almond milk or chew gum. Or if my calories allow it, I have the correct portion size of what I'm craving and savor every bite! :tongue:
  • softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I reach for either a low fat chocolate pudding, or 100 calorie hostess strawberry cupcakes. They both definitely satisfy my sweet craving, without sacrificing too many calories. These solutions have been my savior through my diet lol
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Eat them! =D But for things like my sweet cravings after dinner, I'll either chew gum or suck on a few sour jelly bellies, since it isn't about hunger, but getting the sweet taste right after my salty meal.
  • Ajones33
    Options
    I eat it as well, I just fit it into my calories.

Although for days I think I may go 'over board' and not be able to stop myself I go for a walk. Around the neighborhood, my office or wherever I am. It tends to distract me from that sweet tooth crave.
  • JustLena75
    Options
    Have whatever it is. Snack sized candy bars are great.
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein shake.
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I eat something sweet when I want it. My favorite choices: 2 hershey kisses, nutella, nutella cookies, cocoa roasted almonds, gum, low fat chocolate milk, 2 cookies (I used to keep a stash of oreos, but then I went crazy and ate 8 one night.) I try to keep "something" sweet that I would eat, but I try to make sure it's not that good that I will over eat it or eat it everyday.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I chew gum a lot to help keep away from junk food, but I find now that I can usually manage a few sweets without them causing a huge problem. I once made a bag of skittles last for several days by dividing it out on the food scale. :)
  • SpaceFanMomma
    Options
    I make sure I eat 3 healthy things (normally some sort of fruit) and if it STILL nags at me, then I'll allow myself a small piece of chocolate. I'll go for a high quality dark chocolate that has a ton of flavor, and really enjoy it.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Butterfingers!
  • krissyarh
    Options
    I have eliminated pop from my diet, so on occasion if I 'crave' a pop, I will drink one during my 'cheat' meal (usually a diet).
    If I crave chocolate, and I know its not going to be satisfied trying to eat something else (and just adding calories), I will
    eat dark chocolate - in fact, I found some AWESOME dark chocolate covered JUMBO cashews at CVS that are to DIE FOR
    you can get 11 pieces (which they are JUMBO remember) for 210 calories.
    The nut and the dark chocolate are good for you, (compared to other things) so it's worth it. And I always get full, sometimes I only eat 6 of them b/c the sweet tooth factor has been eliminated!
    Sugar is my #1 issue that I fight on a daily basis, so you need to get creative. Just don't avoid it completely (unless your Dr tells you to) because in my experience it can cause quit a binge!
    Good luck!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Mint Patties - Pearson - Mint Patties= 30calories each (I keep these in the freezer)
    or
    Brush teeth
    or
    Great Value/Walmart hard candies, Butterscotch/Cinnamon/ Rootbeer discs= 20calories each
    Cheap skate alert only 1.00usd per bag!
    or
    Chew Gum
    or
    Nibble on dry cereal

Good Luck!!!
  • Mehagon
    Options
    I chew gum (extra has some awesome dessert gum flavors) or I drink flavored tea. :) That usually helps with my sweet craving. . . or rice cakes with preserves is a good way to get that sweet stuff without a lot of calories or bad stuff.
  • egawne14
    egawne14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat some fruit.. the sweetness will trick me and its better then processed foods. Sometimes I will add a tbsp of peanut butter to make it fancy ;)
  • ndlakebum
    Options
    Edy's light ice cream - 1/2 a cup.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Google peanut butter protein balls - I make them and keep them in my fridge for my chocolately sweet cravings.