MFP Friends... how do you decide who they will be?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    i've only turned down a few because they were too, ummmm, horny (for lack of a better word) in their message that came with their friend request. haha I'm all for fun, but a few take it to the extreme. lol. they are funny though.
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new to the app and very new to the website (like today), but I like it when they have a nice message attached and I feel like I can relate well to them.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I don't typically request friends but if someone requests to be my friend, then I will gladly accept message or no message. However, they have to be supportive. If I never hear anything from them, then I will usually remove them from my friends list. I want to be friends with people that want to talk, listen, and share.

Me too! Let's be friends!! :flowerforyou: lol, but seriously... :happy: :happy: :happy:

Aaaaaand now I sound creepy :laugh:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    If you're neurotic enough I'll probably accept
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I only accept friend requests from people who have less than five degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Anybody meets the 'six degrees' criteria....
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I only accept friend requests from people who have less than five degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Anybody meets the 'six degrees' criteria.....
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    It is no sweat of my back to accept everyone... they do get removed if they treat it like Facebook and go over every menial detail of their miserable lives...

I totally agree! I had to remove someone from my friend list for that reason. It was irritating as hell and that person was taking up the entire news feed so i couldnt see anyone elses
  • Eshades
    Eshades Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do not have alot of friends yet, as I just started. But I look for people to motivate me or that I can help motivate.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Interesting posts, similar interests, vegetarian lifestyle, impressive motivational ideas, etc. I'm not big on defriending people but if you are mean, discriminatory, or if you try to impose your religious opinions, well, buh- bye.
  • Eshades
    Eshades Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I found this thread last night and was intrigued by people saying they 'don't accept friendship requests without a message or a decent profile with similar likes etc.

So I friendship requested 4 of them.

2 accepted straight away

1 asked me why I wanted to be friends with them

Actually I can't remember if there was a 4th

Initial conclusions: I love jumping in puddles

Very Funny!
  • countrywildflower
    countrywildflower Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I accept based on what they have written in posts. there sincerity and there take on life. Also common ground is a good thing. Espeacially if they got kids. People that understand what you go through can give the best suppport.
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I add everyone. The reason is because we're all here for one goal, to be fit. We all share that one goal, it's not like one of us wants to be fat, we're all determined to change our life styles to become better, healthier, and skinnier people. It's kind of neat that all of us are aiming for that one goal.
  • SinkTheBismarck
    Options
    I add everyone who requests. I don't have many friends (about... 20?) and I like giving all of them support.

The only thing that I really can't help is deleting the anorexic 15 year olds. I've tried helping and counseling, they don't really want to take advice. When I add a friend and offer my support, I mean it. I will tell you if you didn't eat enough, or if you haven't logged for days, etc. I will poke you about your bad habits because that's what I want you to do to me. That's what real supporters do. If you're losing weight the wrong way so you can look like a lollipop (huge head, stick body) I don't want to read daily news about how much you hate yourself and will throw up your extra calories.