March Move Your @ss Challenge....

Options

Replies

• Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday rump shakers!

Goal: 90 miles

Completed today (3/9) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone WATP 4 Mile Challenge)

Total completed – 36 miles

Left to complete – 54 miles
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site and I just read this post and I so want in... Since I am starting my goal for March is 30 miles lets see how I do!!!! Wish me luck :)

Welcome MHelen and good luck!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Updated!

exercise.png
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Slow and starting. Need to get some new running shoes.

exercise.png
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options

exercise.png

Just did 5.28 miles on the eliptical machine! Fell asleep on the couch and got my butt up to do some miles. Happy Weekend!
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    Current mileage: 5.5
    March Goal Mileage: 50
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    3-1: 5 miles leisurely outdoor walk (+racquetball)
    3-2: 3.5 Eliptical, + .5 swim (+ racqetball)
    3-3: 10.6 Outdoor Bike
    3-4 5.25 Ellipitical + 1 swim
    3-5 -0
    3-6-0
    3-7- 0 (+racquetball)
    3-8- 3.25 treadmill (2.5 jog) + 1 swim (+weights)
    3-9- 5 miles exercise bike (+racquetball). Was sore today :sad:

To date: 35.1.
  • thinktank32k
    Options

exercise.png

11 more miles
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Updated :flowerforyou: Need to move my butt more :tongue: :laugh: if I want to make my goal this month!!!

exercise.png
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    After Dinos posted, I realized I was slightly below the average, so I added a second workout for today. Between the two I got in 3.5 miles walking and 3 running.

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Ran 5K this evening in 35 minutes.

Great job Dinos on your 5k!!
    You will definitely reach your goal... 5k in less than 30 minutes if my memory's good :wink: :drinker:
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    March Goal 80 miles
    March 1 - 4.6 miles (stationary bike)
    March 2 - 3.6 miles (Walking)
    March 3 - 3.4 miles (Walking)
    March 4 - 1.58 miles (Walking)
    March 5 - 1.9 miles (Walking)
    March 7 - 5.04 miles (walking)
    March 8 - 1.0 miles (walking
    March 9 - 3.0 miles (walking)

exercise.png
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Got in another 3 miles today. The wind finally slowed down so we are headed back to the beach for our walks so we can catch up! Currently I am now 17.5 / 75
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Ran 4.25 miles today.

exercise.png

exercise.png

exercise.png
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    onawhymm wrote:
    3 more miles today doing intervals. Invested in new running shoes when I was away - and I mean - "invested" - but they are awesome, awesome, awesome! So I'm at 14.5 of 75

Do tell, do tell, please: details on the shoes!!! Brand, model...? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm sorta in love with my New Balance 1012's. I've had to wear custom orthotics for years and years, until I got these. A great motion control shoe--but probably too heavy and clunky for those that don't require that degree of motion control.

I bought a pair of Newton Running shoes - they are designed for a natural runner which I definately am - I strike with the ball of my foot. These shoes have sort of a cleat on the bottom. They are super lightweight and really, really comfortable. If you are a natural runner, you should try them!
  • Mel15sa35
    Mel15sa35 Posts: 35
    Options

exercise.png
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    vhuber wrote:
    Coni, Your little baby is SOOOOO adorable!! I have three of those adaorables who are spoiled rotten and are pains in the butt!!
    I was just looking at your profile and I am sorry to say but I did NOT know you broke your leg, I thought it was some other issue like your knee or something, gosh how did you break it? I hope all is well now and it is good to have you back with the land of the moving!!!

Thanks, vhuber; I'm glad to be back among the moving! And thanks for the compliment on my crazy dog. Yes, he's adorable *and* a pain in the butt, and I love him dearly--but can't imagine dealing with three of him at a time! You must be a super woman!

And the story about the broken leg is definitely not exciting, and definitely not the fault of crazy dog, although he was there. We were out for a long walk on our favorite country road--favorite because there are almost no houses and no traffic on it. We had paused and gone down and across a very steep, very deep roadside ditch so that Bear (crazy dog) and a horse could sniff at each other nose-to-nose through a wire fence. When I turned to go back across the ditch, I lost my footing and tumbled head-over-heels to the bottom. The leg was broken, and Bear was very sympathetic.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my cell phone with me (LESSON LEARNED) and we were on our favorite road ( that has very few houses and almost no traffic). I ended up "walking" 1/2 a mile to the nearest house (and up what seemed a lengthy driveway) to get help. Bear seemed sympathetic; he at least behaved himself during the Walk of Tears. Fortunately, the injury was to the fibula, which isn't the main weight-bearing bone. It was a spiral fracture nearly 3 inches in length, with a break at the top.

It turned into rather a lengthy ordeal even once I was "rescued." I got very sick on the first two pain medications the doctor prescribed. X-rays showed that the bone didn't begin to heal until about 10 weeks after the injury. However, I did NOT have to undergo surgery, which is lucky.

So, here I am now! Moving my *kitten* with all of you, and feeling luck and so happy to be able to do it!

BUT...no miles for me today. I hope I don't ruin that great group daily average that dinos posted about. It was a late night last night grading and a long day today, which ended with 5 hours of driving to this hotel I'm currently sitting in. BUT, I've already checked out the treadmills and, let me tell you, I am very excited about working out tomorrow morning.

Sorry about the long-winded post....

Coni
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    218 - 13 = 205!!!
    205 - 15 = 190!
    205 - 14 = 176!!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    4 miles this morning on a pre-mo hotel treadmill.

(Alas, the crazy dog is back home.)

exercise.png
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options

exercise.png

Just ran 5 km in this beautiful weather that we are having in Madrid!