Water....How do you get your daily allowance in?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Caper85
    Caper85 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Today, it was just drinking plain ol' water. But I sometimes do a green tea or a great Starbucks decaf coffee too!
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Coffee is kind of a diuretic. It increases your urine production a bit and causes you to lose water and thus making it easier to be dehydrated. I think plain water is the best. Flavors are nice to stimulate your brain which keeps you from getting too bored with it. That makes it so that drinking water doesn't feel like a "chore" to you.

Only if you drink more than 5-7 cups. I've kept track, and I don't use the facilities any more/less with drink 20 ounces of water, 20 ounces of coffee, or 20 ounces of tea.

I agree. That's why I said kind of because it really depends on many factors. The diuretic effect is always there but it can easily be a negligible amount until you overload then it becomes measurable. Regardless, the effect is proportional to how much you drank and more related to the caffeine content. And everyone's body is also different. Coffee and tea come out of me more than water does.
  • MaxMuscle78
    Options
    I really don't enjoy drinking water either but I carry a 21oz bottle of water with me at the gym at all times and drink at least 4-5 bottles while at the gym.
  • laurentapia
    laurentapia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    drink.all.day.long.
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have never liked water and always tried to use the whole well tea and coffee are made from water so that counts. No it don't. My RN aunt let me know real quick. Also adding flavor packets shouldn't be counted at water either and they have calories and other things in them.

I have learned I drink more water the colder it is so when I am at home I get a bottle of water filled only 1/2 full of water and lay it at an angle in freezer to freeze once frozen pull it out and at rest water. The ice in the bottle at angle keeps all the water extra cold longer. I rotate bottles so I always have one ready to add water too.
  • grace8488
    grace8488 Posts: 12
    Options
    I think of water as a filler. Everytime I pee, I empty. So I have water to fill. If I start feeling like I have the munchies....I drink water. Even if I am feeling too much anxiety ...I have some water. I think of it like medicine from God. Not like a beverage. I appreciate it. So many people don't have water to drink and I have it brought to my house in bottles. Water...makes me feel better. I don't care about the taste.
  • KarenBoster
    KarenBoster Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I add citrus or cucumber to my water.I am also a big fan of herbal and decaf teas. If I drink tea I follow it with water. I only use 2C. glasses and cups so every time I sit down with liquids to drink it is 4cups worth at a shot. FYI - I asked a nutritionist and my doctor a few years back about counting coffee and tea as water. They both agreed. Count it. I usually don't count coffee though because of the whole diuretic thing.
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I use a 32 oz bottle with a straw. I find it easier to drink thru the straw than tipping the bottle so I have no problem hitting the quota.
  • TreboryojevoL
    Options
    From what I understand, the body gets rid of things that have been a part of it, eg.. in the blood stream, stored fat that has been converted to fuel, through the liver, kidneys, and lastly through the urinary tract, water helps this process.
    The stuff that come out the intestinal tract, is mostly the left over byproduct of fuel consumed and not totally absorbed by the body.
    Water is also used for this process, and helps you avoid constipation, plus your body is mostly made up of water and if you are exercising you need to keep hydrated as well.
    P.S. I am not an expert this is what I have read, I just can't recall the source, but it made sense to me.
  • mandalina1234
    Options
    I hate water too but I seem to drink more out of my water bottle and knowing I need to track it :) I drink a little more:) I try not to add anything to it I do lemon that's about it And if I do the crystal light stuff I don't count it as water
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I keep a big glass next to me most of the time. I had my first glass of water at around 12pm, it's quite late, but I had a sip of water before taking my dad to work at 6:20pm. Got back and had a cup of tea (have to start the day with a good cuppa). Me and my mom were going to go on a bike ride, but she couldn't go out till around 9am because she had to take my brother and sister to school.

Had the bike ride, got back had another cuppa, had some breakfast, had a shower and then finally had a glass of cold water :D

I've drank 4 so far within 3 hours. I used to drink low sugar squash, diet carbonated drinks, etc. I drank a few glasses of water a day, but now I drink 8 maybe 9 a day. I just have the urge to just drink it lol. I also like to have a glass of water with a meal.