I can't seem to lose any weight?

Options

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The body takes some time to adjust. First it has to shrink your bones since the body is preparing for less weight due to fewer calories. Bones take a long time to shrink and the body hesitates at this point since it takes a lot of work. It wants to make sure you're serious. Once the bones shrink you will drop weight and plateau again at the next level. Lose weight, wait for bone shrink, lose weight.

It goes weight, wait, weight.

Same is true for weight gain but in reverse.

So none of us are actually fat, our bones just weigh too much. I am SO glad someone clarified this. I will now proceed to go put on my size 0 jeans and see how they fit. . .
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The body takes some time to adjust. First it has to shrink your bones since the body is preparing for less weight due to fewer calories. Bones take a long time to shrink and the body hesitates at this point since it takes a lot of work. It wants to make sure you're serious. Once the bones shrink you will drop weight and plateau again at the next level. Lose weight, wait for bone shrink, lose weight.

That isn't called weight loss, dear. That's called osteoporosis.

I kinda wanna know where you heard this from.
  • Tasha_uk
    Tasha_uk Posts: 70
    Options
    Omg I'm actually crying with laughter at that bone shrink comment :laugh:
  • tulboobio
    Options
    This has been one funny thread...

Here is what your being told:
    1) Eat more protein less carbs... ++ (good advise)
    2) Your not eating enough... again ++

However I don't think anyone has told you to stop skipping meals... This is not good IMO if your on a regular low calorie healthy diet. Eat more often, less carbs, more protein...of course easier said than done...however the first battle is starting and you won that!!!

Congrats and good luck.
  • purplegoboom
    Options

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

You win at life for the Billy Madison reference.
  • JustLena75
    JustLena75 Posts: 114
    Options

This is a joke, right!?
  • bkip
    bkip Posts: 6
    Options
    From a quick look at your diary, you are not eating enough. You need to eat enough calories or the body things your starving and stores the fat.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/526992-body-fat-and-not-enough-calories/
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Your calories are all over the place. I would recommend sticking to one calorie amount for several weeks before you can even begin to figure out how to adjust. It's difficult to make adjustments when there's no consistency.

^^For the love of God, please ignore this.

I agree. Bones do not shrink!!!!
  • purplegoboom
    Options

Honestly it sounds like something that should be in a joke book.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Just casually checking on my thread to see if there's any good advice, but also to see all the hilarious replies to the bone shrinkage post :laugh:

I'd also like to thank all of you who have replied to me :)

As others have said, lower the carbs, increase the protein and up the calories and eat more consistently. On the exercise side, HIIT is not meant to be done more than twice a week. It is very stressing to the body and your will be tired and show a diminishing rate of return. Along with HIIT, mix in a day or 2 of strength training and a day or 2 of low intensity cardio ( 55% to 75% max heart rate). This will not stress your system for resources, will help you brun more calaories and will keep your body from adapting to any one workout and getting more efficient and not burning more energy. It'll also keep your resting matabolism working in your favor. Hope this is helpful!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Shrinking bones??? :noway:
  • duchess_natas
    duchess_natas Posts: 72 Member
    Options

According to this, we will all be "little people" running around working out. BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options

WHOA. Are you being serious?

Yah.... no. Sorry. Bones don't shrink. Where'd you get this idea?

Bones can and do become more or less dense... but you don't have to wait for that to happen before you lose weight, and frankly, you don't WANT your bones to become less dense. They become more fragile and break more easily. Lost bone density is bad. We call it osteoporosis.

Obesity can actually help prevent osteoporosis, but I recommend against staying obese simply to keep your bones from losing mass.

Weight-bearing exercises can strengthen bones and help prevent osteoporosis. This is one of many good reasons to exercise.
  • butterfliespink
    Options

So when I was heavier I really WAS big boned?? I wasn't lying? Sweeeeeeeeet :laugh:

OMG LOVE THIS!! So right now I am big boned.!!!! LMAO!!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    OMG! The best thread yet! Shrinking bones!!!!:)
  • BeautifulArtemis
    BeautifulArtemis Posts: 641 Member
    Options

LMAO that has to be a joke.

Ummm.....I call Bull PooP!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

Good Lord! Some people should just be banned from giving advice since this person clearly has no idea what they're talking about! My 8 year old would laugh at this!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I.freaking.love.this.place!

OP....good luck with the tweeks you'll be doing!
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options

hahaha, your bones are replaced every 10 years, but they don't shrink!
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Your calories are all over the place. I would recommend sticking to one calorie amount for several weeks before you can even begin to figure out how to adjust. It's difficult to make adjustments when there's no consistency.

^^For the love of God, please ignore this.

Yeah...LMAO seriously?