30 day shred march

Options

Replies

• aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I just did Day 1 Level 1 tonight. I found it to be pretty easy. I hope I have good results like everyone else.
  • T0nie2
    T0nie2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred today for the first time (I've only had the DVD for 6 months!).

Hopefully, I will be able to stay motivated and do the work out at least 4 times a week. That is my goal!

Does anyone know (roughly) how many calories are burned with week 1? I definitely worked up a sweat and even had to stop for a minute to get water!

I don't have a HRM and don't really plan to buy one anytime soon. What is everyone else logging this workout as?

Also, feel free to add me! I need friends for more motivation!

Thanks!

on gillians Facebook page she said around 200cals per workout, i log it as aerobics, light (around 117 cals) then im not thinking im burning more cals than i actually am )

Awesome! Thank you!!
  • T0nie2
    T0nie2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many calories the 22 mins burns. Do you guys think it would be accurate to use it as aerobics?

I do it as circuit training.
  • wifeandmom2
    Options
    I was going to do it for the first time today but I kept putting it off. Tomorrow my husband is home and can take our kid out for a while so I can try it! I am so excited but also scared to actually face how out of shape I am to start with. Once I start doing that cardio I think I am gonna see pretty quick how out of shape I am- so I hope I can do it!
    Anyone else start it from a place of being pretty out of shape?
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I was going to do it for the first time today but I kept putting it off. Tomorrow my husband is home and can take our kid out for a while so I can try it! I am so excited but also scared to actually face how out of shape I am to start with. Once I start doing that cardio I think I am gonna see pretty quick how out of shape I am- so I hope I can do it!
    Anyone else start it from a place of being pretty out of shape?

Yes!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 day 1 today...but I have exercise ADD so who knows what i'll do tomorrow. I started it last month too and then got all into mountain biking and only did the shred once or twice as it fell by the wayside. I was having too much fun on my bike.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I had a zumba class yesterday, so today was my Day 1 on Level 1. It wasn't bad, but I need to work on my pushups. I seemed to run out of steam two shy from the last one. Hopefully Day 2 will be better. I only had 5# weights and I think I will pick up some 2# tomorrow. I have a feeling I will be glad I did. I can work up to the 5# later. I was disappointed though that I only burned 204 calories. I weighed and took all my measurements, so I'm anxious to see what I can accomplish in March.

Cindy
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    soon as I got up this morning as I knew will be hard with llittle ones here i did it then did the wii fitness coach for 30 mins ,feeling good day three completed cant wait for tomorrow loving it x
  • HealthyWayorNoWay
    HealthyWayorNoWay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Today will be my fourth day of doing 30 day shred!
  • miss_miffi
    Options
    I am on Day 3 today and SORE! Which I guess means it's working - I'll be interested to see how long it takes to see results...
  • pinkydinkydoll
    Options
    Day 2 completed! Oh man I am aching now and found today so much harder than yesterday it may have something to do with aching from day 1 which left me arms and legs feeling like dead weights but I survived!

2 days down 28 to go!
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    I will bedoing day four today when dp takes the boys to grandparents canreally feel it on my legs now when I walk up stairs my thigs kill
  • brown0928
    brown0928 Posts: 49
    Options
    So I did day 2 yesterday and my arms are still killing me. I'm a little concerned because my legs don't feel as bad as the rest of you all are saying...am I not doing the moves correctly???? Hmmm...I would hate to waste my 30 days doing the moves wrong.
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    day four completed was hard going on my legs my arms feel ok but I need some heavier weights only using tins lol but legs aching as trying to squat quitelow and trying th max the moves as much as I can
  • brown0928
    brown0928 Posts: 49
    Options
    Day 3 down....I feel good, but my legs still don't hurt but my arms...TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY!
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    well done gonna get some weights tom probably feel it more then . not even looked at level two yet but im useless at press ups and things like the plank just not got the upper body strength hoping it improves as i in along
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    Day 3 down....I feel good, but my legs still don't hurt but my arms...TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY!
    you May have strong legs already not sure or maybe as you squat more Will feel it mo re Will. my arms ok and abs feel ok too . Will just keep at it
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I started Thursday... managed half of the first circuit :embarassed: And was SO SORE Friday evening and Saturday
    BUT did it again yesterday (Sunday) afternoon and got through the whole thing this time.
    Need to practice my form for side lunges and those bicycle crunches (I felt like I was just wriggling on the floor LOL)
    I'm considering yesterday day 1!

I'm using 2kg (4.4lb) weights.
  • 2012slimjim
    Options
    I did D1 L1 tonight with my husband - we didn't have any weights either so used tins of tomatoes - to be fair that was enough my arms are aching - the pushups really caught me out. Hopefully we'll notice a reduction in inches this month!
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    push ups get me too .not good at them at all and i fine those cycle crunches difficult too .hopefully Will get easier