Too Funny! I had to steal it.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    hahaha
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    We don't call it this. My friend calls me "Free Association Girl". It's one of my superpowers. Batman is not super, but he is a hero. I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night. Elie Wiesel is pissed off, too. I need to piss, brb...
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    I really don't think it is anyone's business to tell another person how to treat their condition unless they are actively seeking advice.

*climbing off of my soapbox now...*

I love your honesty and the honesty of all the others who have told their experiences and choices with them. You are right that it is not anyone's business to tell another person how to treat their condition.

The original post was funny and this is coming from the parent of an ADHD child.

I am not trying to debate this issue with anyone. Every person and parent does what they feel is right whether the next agrees or not. But I cannot not say something to this.

Ok with that being said I do want to say that as a parent the choice of medicating or not medicating is one of the hardest decisions we have to make when it comes to our child(ren). You worry about the side effects this will have. What if the medication is too strong and the child is over medicated? Is the other things we can do? Did we do enough before making this choice? Etc. Etc.

My son will be 7 in a week. My husband (his father) and I went back and forth over how to treat him. We have tried giving him coping tools, behavioral modifications, and diet changes. But when those all failed after months of trying everything, we had to make this hard choice. Do we like that he has to have medication to function? NO! Do we like to see him constantly in trouble with the school for not being able to function in class and not being able to sit still and keeping quiet when you are supposed? NO! We chose medication so he can function and be successful in life. As he gets older we are always going to be teaching him coping techniques and ways to focus/function so that he will be able to get thru life without being on medications.

We make the choices we have to while they are growing up for various reasons and we should not be ridiculed for our decisons on what to do. Unless you walk daily in our lives do not be so quick to pass judgement onto others.

I tip my hat and commend those of you who have found ways to get thru life without the help or aid of meds. I know that is not an easy task. Keep up your hard work and continued success with it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    We don't call it this. My friend calls me "Free Association Girl". It's one of my superpowers. Batman is not super, but he is a hero. I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night. Elie Wiesel is pissed off, too. I need to piss, brb...

I :heart: this, Beastette. Life is beautiful.