TDEE is everything

Options

Replies

• Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Holy ****.. as if keeping track of daily calories, net calories, deficit calories, and eating back exercise calories wasn't enough

I just calculated and it put me at 1192.77, under 1200

:grumble:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Holy ****.. as if keeping track of daily calories, net calories, deficit calories, and eating back exercise calories wasn't enough

I just calculated and it put me at 1192.77, under 1200

:grumble:

Don't worry about it. Just do what works... and if it isn't working, try something else until you figure out what works. You've lost 5 lbs already though so I'd suggest just sticking to what you're doing now and not worrying about all these numbers and silly calculations.
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options

that one and also this one on the same site: http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/calorie-calculator.html

those two and the other one someone posted a few posts back all have me at about 2100 for normal TDEE.... so i think i'm going to up my daily calories to about 1600 a day and not count my exercise calories (since i included them this time around in those calculators)... and see what that does for me.

HOWEVER - i am not doing weights - i run 3 days a week, and i do 30 Day Shred Daily right now... with that said, should I still be getting 1 gram of protein per lb of lean mass?
  • debtfre12
    debtfre12 Posts: 203
    Options
    Well worth the read! Thanks for caring by sharing!!!
  • dawnagetsfit
    Options
    Saving..
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bumping to save
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    This shoudl be added to the stickies on the top. :)
  • carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Very confused here.

At the moment, I work a desk job and so I check sedentary when figuring out my TDEE. I have had some knees injuries and am expecting to get back into exercise within the next month. I am starting with www.nerdfitness.com Beginner Body Weight Workout 3 times a week. How would I set up my TDEE in that instance? When you change your activity level...it changes your TDEE.

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

I am 5'5, 37 year old female, weighing 183.

PLEASE help an old gal out!
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    or not..lol
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Very confused here.

At the moment, I work a desk job and so I check sedentary when figuring out my TDEE. I have had some knees injuries and am expecting to get back into exercise within the next month. I am starting with www.nerdfitness.com Beginner Body Weight Workout 3 times a week. How would I set up my TDEE in that instance? When you change your activity level...it changes your TDEE.

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

I am 5'5, 37 year old female, weighing 183.

PLEASE help an old gal out!

Set as sedentary until you start exercising, and then reset it once you are able to start exercising.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump to read later ;)
  • amandacochran15
    Options
    http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

I followed the steps on this sight. It was very cool how it walks you through. It is a little confusing though. On the goals page (last page) if i put my workouts to 5 days a week, it brings my weeks to lose weight to a higher number. Stating that it will take less time to reach my goal with zero workouts. Weird.
  • GetSetGo73
    GetSetGo73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • loulouBean
    loulouBean Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    *goes to find a calculator*

I knew I should have listened in class.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    saving for later - Im intrigued...
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Well said :)

I like to sit and appreciate the fact that I burn calories while sitting at my office job. Thank you for reminding me about that :)....

Awesome post!

17969513.png
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options

that one and also this one on the same site: http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/calorie-calculator.html

those two and the other one someone posted a few posts back all have me at about 2100 for normal TDEE.... so i think i'm going to up my daily calories to about 1600 a day and not count my exercise calories (since i included them this time around in those calculators)... and see what that does for me.

HOWEVER - i am not doing weights - i run 3 days a week, and i do 30 Day Shred Daily right now... with that said, should I still be getting 1 gram of protein per lb of lean mass?

requoting myself because i was really hoping someone had an answer for me :D

pretty please :D:D:D