public diary?

Options

Replies

• JDagner
    JDagner Posts: 1
    Options
    Public makes your more accountable for your actions.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I just changed my to friends only....also for accountability
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. I opened mine to friends originally, then opened it to everyone when I had a question about constantly feeling hungry. An open diary allows people to give you adivce on how things you may mot notice you're doing.
  • Rosiered2
    Rosiered2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Mine is public......If I don't ask someone's opinion, I could care less what they say....If I DO ask for opinions, I need people to be able to see it. I never ever eat a bite of food that I haven't already put in to my diary....my diary is 100% truthful and it is between me and "IT" and I could care less if someone knows I had a bad day......thin people have bad days, they just don't hide it and obsess over it, they have it, get up the next day and go back to "normal".......I think there is so much shame in being overweight and "hiding my diary" is just another way of being ashamed of what I do or what I weigh.........
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I made mine public because I figure I can use the extra accountability. If I do poorly one day, there's no shame. We all have bad days. If I do well, I like getting the recognition. I also like seeing how other people spend their calories. Sometimes you see something and say - hey that could be good so it's also like an idea board for me too!
  • Lozzielol
    Lozzielol Posts: 78
    Options
    Mine is private except to one person who is my friend in real life. I keep it private because I have seen many negative criticisms on people's diaries rather than constructive help. Not to bash this wonderful site, but there are a hell of a lot of rude people on it and personally its not worth the hassle. I eat what good things I can afford to buy, I dont need people saying that my food is rubbish and that I shouldnt even bother being on this site. I do the best I can, thank you very much!
    But you know what? If I want to eat it, I'll eat it, because if someone on this site is judging you for having a piece of cake, they're an *kitten*. Plain and simple. Judgment is not what this site's supposed to be about. :(

^I agree with this. I'm not here to be judged, I'm here to be encouraged. :)
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Open to friends, this way I know who will be supportive and hopefully being friends, if there is a bad day they won't be rude or obnoxious about it.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Mine is public because I need the accountability to make good choices. I've had days where I really didn't want to log my food because of my choices though so I do understand why a person would keep it private especially if you have the tendency to binge on crap food. I want to be as real as possible so my friends know that I struggle and can hopefully offer advice on ways to stay away from bad foods or when I need to up my protein. I kind of judge closed diaries though,like are they hiding really low calories,ya know? ;)
  • Rosiered2
    Rosiered2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Open to friends, this way I know who will be supportive and hopefully being friends, if there is a bad day they won't be rude or obnoxious about it.

To someone who is worried what "strangers" might say to them, this is a great compromise. If a "friend" is rude or makes comments that are not helpful, who wants them as a friend anyway! I think this is a great way to have it both ways!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open because I don't really care about what anyone says...and you shouldn't either. This journey is about you and only you. Don't be ashame of your food diary, everyone slips up every now and then. Just get right back on the band wagon...and keep progressing. Check out my food diary if you need some suggestions for meals and snacks. Good luck!!! As me if you'd like.

@ rayjewls...no, it's not open....

@shaycat...neither is yours

@sheiselusive...not public like you said

@wickedcricket...nope, not public

That is just the first page of this thread....

there are probably more on all the other pages.

Just wanted you all to know. If you think it is public, check your settings! It starts out as private and unless you specifically go in and share it, nobody can see it.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open because I don't really care about what anyone says...and you shouldn't either. This journey is about you and only you. Don't be ashame of your food diary, everyone slips up every now and then. Just get right back on the band wagon...and keep progressing. Check out my food diary if you need some suggestions for meals and snacks. Good luck!!! As me if you'd like.

@ rayjewls...no, it's not open....

@shaycat...neither is yours

@sheiselusive...not public like you said

@wickedcricket...nope, not public

That is just the first page of this thread....

there are probably more on all the other pages.

Just wanted you all to know. If you think it is public, check your settings! It starts out as private and unless you specifically go in and share it, nobody can see it.

Their friends can probably see their diary?
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Mine's public because I think I eat a lot of great things and I want to inspire others!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    you can avoid logging or even lie in your food diary but your BODY won't let the lies go on....so log honestly and make good choices. Weather its open for others to see or not shouldn't matter; your hips dont lie!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    who cares
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Mine is private. I know this bugs a lot of people but on the days I treat myself, I eat and then some. I'm actually very well-informed with regards to healthy eating but I don't always practice what I preach so I prefer not to go through the whole rigmarole of having my diet analysed when I've probably spent half the day analysing it myself!

I respect people that do have it public though.
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mine is public, I changed it a few months ago and found that it is great. You get so much extra support and real advice from MFP pals. x
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I made my public so I can get help when I need it and because I wont eat it if I embarassed by it.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Mine is public so people can see what I'm eating and maybe get ideas from me, if it's private, how are we gonna help u??
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Mine is private , I'm accountable to myself. I know what I eat , the consequences and what happens when I don't do what I need to do. Nobody is going to lose the weight for me.

My sentiments also.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Mine is public for accountability and because it makes me think about what I'm eating/how much I eat because I know other people are going to look at it. I also like to see other people's diaries because they might give me an idea of other things to try.