public diary?

Options
12346»

Replies

• MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Mine is public! My friends on here mostly have theirs as public as well. It keeps me accountable knowing that they're going to see what I ate...and they provide a lot of encouragement on my bad days. There's no shame in having some bad days! :) We are only human, after all!
  • jaqiswany
    jaqiswany Posts: 76
    Options
    Thats why mines private, because it then doesnt make me feel i can hide anything. Im doing well with it but have the same fear if I make it public will I be as good at entering everything into it.

Ive decided to wait until im further down the line before i think about it anymore :-)
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    My diary is public. I didn't do it for accountablility, but for when my weightloss seems to be on hold. Then my friends can go in and help me figure out what changed, what could be better etc. I also like it because it gives other people ideas on food combinations to reach their calorie goals. I am only on a 1200 per day setting, so my meals are about 300 calories each, so I like to get as much variety as I can. These are the same reason's that I look at other peoples diaries too.
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mine is public because it helps me stay on track and eat healthy within my limits. I don't mind having mine open at all and I also love looking at other people's diary to get meal ideas!
    And if you do cheat, be sure to put in in hour diary! Hey, the other night I went to our favorite pub and had a huge plate of nachos with the works AND two beers! THAT went in my diary too! I hated to punch it in because it was kind of embarrassing but people were super supportive and said, "hey, it happens! You are allowed to indulge once in a while...etc"
    no one here judges or criticizes so that is why mine is public. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Mines public, but I don't care what people think of my food choices. I'm hear for me, not for them. Some days will look really good and well rounded, others not so much. I can't be perfect right?
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    I keep mine open for others to see, to give ideas. I like looking at other diaries to get ideas for different foods.

This is my reason to have a public diary too! I love finding different foods to try and I also have it open to for "support". Everyone has bad days....who am I kidding, we all have bad weeks, but I like to stay positive and get back on track. I don't feel the need to lie or omit my activities because ultimately I am responsible for my own journey.

Do what feels right for you!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open because I don't really care about what anyone says...and you shouldn't either. This journey is about you and only you. Don't be ashame of your food diary, everyone slips up every now and then. Just get right back on the band wagon...and keep progressing. Check out my food diary if you need some suggestions for meals and snacks. Good luck!!! As me if you'd like.

@ rayjewls...no, it's not open....

@shaycat...neither is yours

@sheiselusive...not public like you said

@wickedcricket...nope, not public

That is just the first page of this thread....

there are probably more on all the other pages.

Just wanted you all to know. If you think it is public, check your settings! It starts out as private and unless you specifically go in and share it, nobody can see it.

Their friends can probably see their diary?

These particular people said they were "public" not "open to friends". I personally don't care if I can see them or not. Just pointing it out to help THEM, as they seem to mistakenly believe that their diaries are public when in fact they are not.
  • Louise1583
    Louise1583 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just made mine public. I thought it was already.

I'll probably be even more strict if I think somebody might be judging me on it haha.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    it's public, and If I log that day then I log everything, sometimes if it's REALLY BAD, then I don't confirm that I'm done for the day I just have it there for future reference.

most people really do offer good advice, take it how you will, it's nothing to be concerned about
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Public. Everything about my weightloss journey has been completely public..starting pics, starting measurements, my body vow video. any vlogs that i have done since i started. It keeps me motivated :)
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open because I don't really care about what anyone says...and you shouldn't either. This journey is about you and only you. Don't be ashame of your food diary, everyone slips up every now and then. Just get right back on the band wagon...and keep progressing. Check out my food diary if you need some suggestions for meals and snacks. Good luck!!! As me if you'd like.

@ rayjewls...no, it's not open....

@shaycat...neither is yours

@sheiselusive...not public like you said

@wickedcricket...nope, not public

That is just the first page of this thread....

there are probably more on all the other pages.

Just wanted you all to know. If you think it is public, check your settings! It starts out as private and unless you specifically go in and share it, nobody can see it.

Their friends can probably see their diary?

These particular people said they were "public" not "open to friends". I personally don't care if I can see them or not. Just pointing it out to help THEM, as they seem to mistakenly believe that their diaries are public when in fact they are not.

Yeah - the default is private. So, anyone who thinks theirs his public because they never locked it down is wrong.

MFP fail.
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    I have decided to make my diary open to my friends. This helps me in case someone contacts me and has input on what I am eating (or not eating) enough of