Things I've learned since starting MFP...add yours!

Options

Replies

• marwilly
    marwilly Posts: 2
    Options
    I learned that sometimes my little sweet "treats" consumed a whole days worth of calories. I came to that realization using MFP and thanks to my nutritionist Jo who finally got me to writ we down what I was eating.
  • newmrswood
    newmrswood Posts: 194
    Options
    FYI someone started this kinda post once before and it got shut down!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    1. There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to weight loss and diet.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    1) I learned that everyone thinks they're fitness experts....so how did they get fat in the first place
    2 )and I learned that small food usually doesnt mean less in calories
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've learned that

1. An alarming number of people don't know what current medical nutition recommendations really are, and an equally alarming number ignore them.

2. A lot of people claim to hate "cardio"
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I've learned that:

I don't have to do this alone,and there are lots of supportive people out there going through the same things as me :)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    learning that if you exercise enough you can eat almost anything you like
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's OKAY for women to lift heavy! You're not going to turn into a Female Russian Weightlifter!
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I learned where I was going wrong with calories (I thought my breakfasts were too big, but they were 300 cals. My DINNERS on the other hand... yikes). I also learned that it is not the worst thing in the world not to eat cake if it's there. It's also not the worst thing in the world to indulge every once in a while, it actually helps.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    That, and when your start to lose weight you need to give your bones time to shrink. :laugh:
    [/quote]

LOL :drinker:
  • princesscookiepops
    Options
    I've learned how much I was really eating !! And that I was consuming too much sodium!!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've also learned that MFP is WAY more addicting that Facebook has ever been for me. I rarely check FB anymore, but you bet your butt I'm checking in with my friends on here daily.
    [/quote]

I'm with you on that one! I recently deactivated my facebook profile because it seemed like I was mindlessly spending an hour/day on there! I spend at least that much time putzing around on MFP, but I feel like it's more productive :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I've learnt as soon as I stop using it I end up getting fat again!

LOL me too!
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    That, and when your start to lose weight you need to give your bones time to shrink. :laugh:

LOL :drinker:
    [/quote]

This was my favorite too! I mean people always did call me big boned! It ALL makes sense now! HAHAHA :laugh:
  • healthyvibe77
    Options
    What is a *spike* day?
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I never regret working out...only not working out!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've learned that just because the number on the scale doesn't shrink, does not mean you haven't shrunk. Weight loss is more than just a number.
  • kriggs1976
    kriggs1976 Posts: 117
    Options
    I learned that sitting at my laptop eating an entire family sized bag of Lays at one sitting was not such a good idea anymore :)
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    1. I could easily eat about 400 grams of carbo over my usual dietary limit
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    I've learned that just because the number on the scale doesn't shrink, does not mean you haven't shrunk.

I think this is a big lesson I've learned too!