Things I've learned since starting MFP...add yours!

Options

Replies

• Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Biggest thing: Shut up and eat your exercise cals

I'm down almost 20 lbs in 2 months, and you bet your *kitten* I try to eat them all back
  • handsomepaul
    Options
    1. I've learned that although bingeing on a half gallon of Rocky Road might help women after a break up, it does nothing for me. But we both put the pounds on by doing it.

2. A lot of things in life just aren't fair.

3. Dig in your heels, and don't quit, even if you put on more weight than you started with!

4. Exercise helps a lot! Calorie wise and depression. So much more than Rocky Road.
  • leika79
    leika79 Posts: 114
    Options
    i have learnt that even tho i'm a veggie and thought i had quite a healthy diet i was eating way way way too many carbs
    .......and now i've learnt that i dont bloody well need soooooooo much food!
    oh and pizza is bad! (god i miss pizza:sad: ) xx
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    that any portion served in a restaurant or company cafeteria is at least twice what it should be
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    I learned self control-having to watch my calorie numbers keeps me in check and also know that it I exercise, I can eat a lil' more!
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't have to be perfect, I just have to be better.

amen to that!
  • Larence
    Larence Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been away for awhile. Work and life been so busy that I forgot my plan for myself. I have learned that no matter what, make time for yourself. Keep self smiling and looking good.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    great topic, I was thinking of starting one like this the other day!

1) I've learned that I'm not much of a breakfast person. I'm doing fine eating light for breakfast, and it actually helps me curb my afternoon cravings if I don' t have a big breakfast.

2) I found out about PB2! I just ordered some yesterday and can't wait to try it!

3) I also learned that a HRM can be a great tool to keep you on track. I never would have even known what they were if I didn't hear about them from my mfp friends. I just ordered that yesterday too :)

4) new recipes, new foods to try, etc. One of my favorite things about mfp!
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I learned to care about myself and to motivate others around me (secretly everyone wants to be healthy, it just takes work and most people arent motivated to do the work that is necessary).
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    I would like to say that I love pizza as well but I didnt put it out of my diet, I just eat it either thin crust, or if a thick crust I will have one maybe once a month, so I don't think u have to give up the foods u love, just do it in moderation:flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I've learned that sometimes it's a really good idea to skip trying to count calories all together for a few days.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    -TOM is a really popular guy
    -Women who lift weights "will get bulky"
    -HCG bad/low carb good
    -veggies v. meat can get just as heated as religious "debates"
    -tacos are good
    -burritos are better
    -how to make a pine cone bird feeder
    -how to win every argument with a bird on my head
    -people are too mean
    -people are too nice
    -people are too sensitive
    -people need to be more sensitive

...I could go on and on and on.
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    1 - I am truly a sugar addict
    2 - I can never NOT log food or exercise if I want to continue to lose/maintain my weight
    3 - there IS life outside of food
    4 - food is NOT the answer
    5 - I want to live my healthiest life possible and "living it up with food is no longer an option for me"
    6 - it is VERY possible to lose weight EVEN if I am over 50, EVEN if I have been heavy my entire life, EVEN with hypothyroid disease since age 19 ( 35 years of it), EVEN sitting behind a desk all day, EVEN going through menopause, EVEN though I have failed at this for decades of "trying". I CAN DO IT - 3 pounds away from my goal!
    7 - I will not lose as fast as "everyone else"
    8 - I don't have to do the latest exercise video that everyone else is doing
    9 - I can wear a size 4 even though I started at a size 16
    10 - I can do this on my own armed with knowledge that I have gathered, without taking pills, and without joining a gym, and without paying anyone for any "service". I devised my own plan based on the information that I gathered that made sense to me.
    11 - a lifestyle change is a must. I picked a lifestyle that I could live with from day one until my last breath.
    12 - I can finally live the life I have waited over 40 years to live, wear the clothes that I want to wear, and BE MYSELF! I am one happy woman!! = D
    13 - I can update my plan anytime I need to make changes.
    14 - I am only responsible for ME, and nobody can do this for me.

This is me too! Way to go!! I still have a long way to goal weight, but its coming off sure and steady
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    milk is the devil....or maybe its ok....or YAY! milk!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    milk is the devil....or maybe its ok....or YAY! milk!

204031_o.gif
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    oh, and if you post a pic of yourself in a bikini it means you are a *kitten*...
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've learned that your MFP friends can sometimes be more supportive than your real life friends. :smile:
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I learned that you can burn 600 calories sitting in a sauna, the cat pee diet is the way to go and muscle weighs more than fat.

NOT
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I've learned that your MFP friends can sometimes be more supportive than your real life friends. :smile:

^^ totally this ^^
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I learned that the calories I was consuming before I started logging everything was outrageous, and some things I thought were healthy choices were not!! big eye opener

This. I was shocked~