cursing + having little kids ==

Options

Replies

• _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    Exactly. i would rather have my girlfriend whisper in my ear..."Baby I want you to pin me down and *kitten* me right now" over "my dear, would you please suspend my wrists and have some rousing intercourse. Please move the doilies first".

nice. but doillies? please explain.
  • ThatGirlGlow
    ThatGirlGlow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "the fact is that we are all raised differently, we all have different morals and there is no one right way to raise children."

[/quote]

:happy:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You are NOT old fashoined. Just a decent, loving parent.
    I wasn't implying anything, the fact is that we were all raised differently
    [/quote]Now I may not be edumacated, but I think there is a clear implication.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    Swear words are like ghost peppers. Used sparingly, they add just the right flavor to the right conversation. In excess, you'll just want to stick your head under water.
    Exactly. i would rather have my girlfriend whisper in my ear..."Baby I want you to pin me down and *kitten* me right now" over "my dear, would you please suspend my wrists and have some rousing intercourse. Please move the doilies first".

I love you clown.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    Swear words are like ghost peppers. Used sparingly, they add just the right flavor to the right conversation. In excess, you'll just want to stick your head under water.
    i think i <3 you.
    and your gf
    >.>
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    <snip>

nice. but doillies? please explain.
    You curse openly, so of course you would be unfamiliar with proper etiquette.

Allow me...A doily (or doilie) is an ornamental mat, originally the name of a fabric made by Doiley, a 17th-century London draper.[1] Doily earlier meant "genteel, affordable woolens", evidently from the same source.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Women and profanity is neither attractive nor classy. Regardless of your educational background and career, if your vocabulary is not extensive enough to where you must use vulgar language in order to make a point, you will appear as uneducated.

That makes no sense.
    If I ask a girl how to synthesize a methylated alkaloid, and she answers but adds a fvck yea at the end. She's appears uneducated?
    Do you get nose bleeds a lot?
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    You kids will be scared for life and BTW so am I.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Women and profanity is neither attractive nor classy. Regardless of your educational background and career, if your vocabulary is not extensive enough to where you must use vulgar language in order to make a point, you will appear as uneducated.

I think it's hilarious when certain women try to keep their own gender in the dark ages.

"Swearing and voting are for the men ladies." *sip tea with pinky out*
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Dear Jennafluff,
    I will still curse. I'm wicked smart with or without the degrees, I just like to drop an f bomb now and again.
    Love,
    Dot
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

That makes no sense.
    If I ask a girl how to synthesize a methylated alkaloid, and she answers but adds a fvck yea at the end. She's appears uneducated?
    Do you get nose bleeds a lot?

Awesome!!!
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    I think it's hilarious when certain women try to keep their own gender in the dark ages.

"Swearing and voting is for the men ladies." *sip tea with pinky out*
    Allowing women to vote was the beginning of the end of society.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Allow me...A doily (or doilie) is an ornamental mat, originally the name of a fabric made by Doiley, a 17th-century London draper.[1] Doily earlier meant "genteel, affordable woolens", evidently from the same source.

oh stop. i want to know why one would have to be removed before, um, intercourse.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Oh, and those of you raising your kids *not* to curse...trust me, when they're out of earshot, they would make me blush!! Even my strict Mormon and Muslim kids swear like sailors when they're around friends. I just ask them if they kiss ther moms wiith that mouth.:laugh:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Can you imagine the glorious pattern a doily would make on your *kitten* cheeks? (or your face cheeks, depending on what position you took?) :wink:
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    Oh, and those of you raising your kids *not* to curse...trust me, when they're out of earshot, they would make me blush!! Even my strict Mormon and Muslim kids swear like sailors when they're around friends. I just ask them if they kiss ther mom's a with that mouth.:laugh:
    Just because you get called a MILF...
  • nancyinfernley
    Options
    i cursed all my kids lives and i still curse now. of course my daughter wants me not to curse in front of my 5 1/2yr old grandson but it slips out. my kids are in their early 30's and rarely cuss unless something pisses them off. i have toned down my language a bit because i'm 50+ and figure i don't want to scare all the geriatrics that live in our park. but that doesn't mean i don't swear with my besties, at home, the car or just hanging out.

one day my grandson was playing his video game in the front room and i'm at my pc at my desk in the dining room. he cannot see my face because the monitor is between us. suddenly he just starts saying, "*kitten*, f*cking, f*ucker, etc" over and over again. well, i decide not to respond. soon i hear, "nana, did you hear me?" i said, "yes!" and went back to my facebook, laughing silently. he didn't say it again that day. i figured he was trying to get a rise out of me and it didn't work. his other grandparents probably would have gone over and popped his mouth and there are times i have done that too. but this time i figured it was a test and i passed.

i'm very good at cussing at other drivers when they cut me off, stop short or almost cause me an accident. well, one day when my grandson was riding with his grandparents and somebody cut off grandpa, from the carseat in the back comes, "you *kitten*, drive better!" (or some approximation of that). they both just looked at him. he had to be all of 2 1/2yrs old. when they asked me if i knew where he got it, i admitted it and explained that he has to learn that ppl are going to swear around him and he has to learn what he can and cannot say. they couldn't say anything after that. lol! i also found that if a swear word slips out and i say oops, he will say the word automatically. if i just swear and keep going he doesn't copy it (at least not then).

what i won't tolerate is his calling me dummo or stupid when he is mad. what's funny is he didn't get that from me. he got it from spongebob square pants. lol. my daughter and the other grandmother won't let him watch it now. but it doesn't stop him. my daughter doesn't want ppl swearing around him. but she really needs to get over it because ppl do that anyway.
  • kaaaaaaa
    kaaaaaaa Posts: 29
    Options
    I was putting my son to bed early the other night for being a brat all day and disrespecting his mother.(he was tired) Anyway, on the way up the stairs he called me a "Vagina". It was hard not to laugh. Vagina- ha ha ha!

LOLLL that's hilarious :laugh:
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My kids have heard and used curse words. They know when it is inappropriate to use those words, like in public or in front of the grandparents & other people's kids. I won't hold them to some unreal standard because someone on the internets says I should. They use manners appropriately, they do not talk back to their elders, and they know that I am in charge. They do their chores and are generally good kids. I don't think saying *kitten* is going to mentally scar them.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I really can't understand what makes one group of words so offensive. It's just a collection of consonants and vowels, just like any other word. It's just... noise. What's the BFD?!

That said, I do make a distinction between those that use them to emphasize a point, and folks like my inbred, knuckle-dragging neighbor who use the f-word like a comma.