Anyone on a 1000 calorie diet? need lots of support!!

Options

Replies

• Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    OMG! All the negativity of people that posted. I have been on a 1,000 calorie diet since last May. I know my body and I'm doing JUST FINE! I have lost 60 pounds. And yes, I have tried the 1,200 cal diet, and it didn't work for me. So...YIPPY to a 1,000 calorie diet!! Only YOU know your body and how to control it..!!

I bet your LBM is low
  • Fit4_Life
    Options
    OMG! All the negativity of people that posted. I have been on a 1,000 calorie diet since last May. I know my body and I'm doing JUST FINE! I have lost 60 pounds. And yes, I have tried the 1,200 cal diet, and it didn't work for me. So...YIPPY to a 1,000 calorie diet!! Only YOU know your body and how to control it..!!

I bet your LBM is low

Nope! All good here!!
  • Fit4_Life
    Options

It's pretty unlikely, though, that someone who's on her first attempt at weightloss knows her body well enough. Yes, there are exceptions -- but you're better advised to start off NOT assuming you're one of the exceptions.
    People should NOT be judgemental on a post when the person that created this post, are looking for support. If people don't support...they shouldn't even comment! If her body cannot take the 1,000 calorie diet..she would know and I'm sure she would make changes to up the calories. Not every body is the same....
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    People should NOT be judgemental on a post when the person that created this post, are looking for support. If people don't support...they shouldn't even comment! If her body cannot take the 1,000 calorie diet..she would know and I'm sure she would make changes to up the calories. Not every body is the same....
    not necessarily - when i first started here i was set at 1200 calories, and i though i would lose faster if i didnt eat them all, im sure i ended up around 1000 most of the time...after a little while i was miserable and thought i just wasnt cut out to be disciplined enough to lose weight so i gave up
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    ScreenShot2012-02-18at95347PM.png
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Who's up for a 1000 calorie dinner with me? :drinker:
    already with you there ^_^ I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner hehe.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

How would she know if she hasn't tried caloric restriction before? The people I've seen RL who started off all gung-ho about their 900-1200 calorie diets tended to fall off the wagon pretty quick, and in most cases went straight to 'I can't lose weight, so I'm going to eat a whole pizza.'

Most people, rather than trying to be nasty, are trying to suggest something that will have a better chance of success for the *average* person, including having a better chance of sticking to the program. The only reason she said for wanting to go for 1000 calories is that she wants to see faster results.

Clearly that wouldn't apply to someone like you who is following a doctor's plan.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    No. I personally was on an even lower calorie diet before I got to MFP. I was eating maybe 500-800 calories a day and sometimes maybe just 450 after net. There were days where I felt like passing out, I had no energy, my brain was so iffy. I did lose some weight yeah but then I noticed 2 weeks in things were getting zigzaggy in weight gain weight loss and I became more active on MFP and am now eating about 1300-1500 calories and I still successfully lose weight weekly. In the past 2 months I've lost about 10 pounds (my beginning weight was about 202 pounds in December 2011 and currently I'm 185 at the end of February. I think that's pretty rapid. If you're set on eating 1000 then good luck with it but I'm not sure how many people on here are going to be supportive of that...maybe just those with eating disorders.
  • Fit4_Life
    Options
    Clearly that wouldn't apply to someone like you who is following a doctor's plan.

A lot of people don't follow doctors orders or plans. The reasoning for people to be on MFP is one of them. And YES, I speak for myself. JUST SAYING...
  • giantsfaninvt
    giantsfaninvt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Why the snotty comments from people?

I was wondering the same thing.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    But why?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5B-HZSHfSSzj6jOd7LQ6yioxaJMsC4TnyWiUE0fyyPO3ZX9vHGw
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I agree people get very negative or combative when you don't conform to their philosophy. Everyone wants to be right and because it worked for them it must be right. How about rather than be disagreeable just disagree and be kind. Wish the Op luck and provide guidance not tons of arguing amongts each other.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    No, we do not want to join you. That isn't nearly enough food unless you are under a doctor's supervision. You can't really get enough nutrients and fuel on that low number.
  • gleechick609
    Options

I bet your LBM is low

Nope! All good here!!

:laugh:
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but I wouldn't think that is the way to do it.... I believe that you didn't even mention exercise in your post. You can restrict calories but, without exercise and strength training you will probably (in my opinion) fail. I exercise everyday and strength training five days a week. I have begun in Nov of 2011 and there is no speedy way to get to my ultimate goal. It took time to put that unwanted weight on and it will take time for the changes in my body to swing to the healthier weight. Muscle weighs more than fat. Muscle burns fat. Muscles need strength... it is rewarding as you work hard everyday. Not just counting calories... but putting exercise up there with brushing your teeth and combing your hair. Its important. Good Luck on your journey.

12908857.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I refuse to be supportive of a bad decision and so will most other people. All those that whine about a lack of support are out of their minds if they think that supporting a bad decision does any good. That's called enabling and is not constructive.

Those with experience are never at the mercy with those with an opinion.

careful getting off that soap box, you could fall
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

And I've lost 68lbs eating 1600/1800 calories since late July.

If you go read the threads for people who aren't understanding why they're not losing weight, 99.9% of the time it is by someone who is on a VLCD. There's a reason these people are struggling.

Are there some people who need to be on this diet? Yes. They are few and far between.

I will agree with you that people should have worded their advice better. I think the OP has been scared off and that is a huge shame.
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    Some might argue that only being able to eat 1000 calories is a sign that your metabolism is already kind of on the blink.

I love to eat. I'm having pepperoni pizza right now. If it came down to a choice between being a little overweight and eating what I want, or eating 1000 calories a day, I'd choose being a little overweight. In fact, I did choose that when I believed those were my only two choices. I'm so glad I was wrong and those aren't the only two options, but I wish I found that out sooner.

I lost weight on under 1000 calories a day, but it took a long *kitten* time, and I wasn't happy with my results when I got there, so much so that I just up and quit because I didn't want to live like that any longer. Still had a double chin. Still had a muffin top. Still had mushy thighs. Still had back fat rolls.

This time around, I lost weight eating about 1800 or more a day (1350-1500 plus exercise calories), was thrilled with my progress, and even more thrilled with my results.

I got to my goal weight of 130 both times. It was a lot easier and faster on 1800 calories, with better results.

five-years-later.jpg

This is THE most amaizing visual post I have ever seen!!! No words needed! Thankyou for sharing this..:flowerforyou:

And to the OP, please take the advice given here, You are worth so much more than the pain you are setting yourself up for. I just wish that some of the posters were more sensitive in their reply's. And I'm sure you will have a successful journey with plenty support if you can get your head around the healthier way to weight loss.:flowerforyou:
  • bobbibear
    Options
    i know it's dangerous and stuff but i normally eat 700-800 calories a day. if i eat any more then i feel disappointed in myself and disgusted. ive only been doing it for a few weeks but i've lost 7lb already and i'm just 11lbs away from my goal. i still have all the energy i had before i started - i feel great.
  • pagham
    pagham Posts: 29
    Options
    Why the snotty comments from people?

Agreed! a lot of people on here have a large amount of weight to lose so at some stage must have chosen to ignore advice about healthy eating despite seeing the pounds pile on through excess eating. But now that they 'have seen the light' they should consider a more motivational, caring approach to those who are at the stage they would once have been, rather than adopting a tone which appears to look down on someone who has suggested an idea they might once have considered themselves before becoming more informed about nutrition. Some attitudes are similar to ex smokers who suddenly become preachy and holier than thou once they have kicked the habit.
This discussion has been closed.