WHY oh WHY do guys yell at girls? - rant

Options

Replies

• atownsend84
    atownsend84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok, I might be going against the grain here, but ladies, if any of us were going out with the girls and Channing Tatum jogged by with his shirt off, would any of you really say that you would not even pay attention to that?? Would he not get one "wooohoo" out of the car window?? Hmmm...I would beg to differ!

Admit it, girls you know sometimes we will act like we hate it hate it hate it when guys hoot or holler, but doesn't it give you a little smirk sometimes, like hey, I guess I look good (to a degree, I'm not talking harassment here). I'm just trying to keep it real!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Ok, I might be going against the grain here, but ladies, if any of us were going out with the girls and Channing Tatum jogged by with his shirt off, would any of you really say that you would not even pay attention to that?? Would he not get one "wooohoo" out of the car window?? Hmmm...I would beg to differ!

Admit it, girls you know sometimes we will act like we hate it hate it hate it when guys hoot or holler, but doesn't it give you a little smirk sometimes, like hey, I guess I look good (to a degree, I'm not talking harassment here). I'm just trying to keep it real!
    Oh good. I'm not the *only* woman who feels like this, although Channing Tatum doesn't do it for me. Dolvett Quince, on the other hand...
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options

When I see attractive people I notice them but I do not yell disrespectful things at them. Someone complimenting me gives me a confidence boost but someone yelling something degrading at me doesn't make me feel anything positive in the slightest.
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    If you would stop showing off your *kitten* then they wouldn't have done it. You made your bed now sleep in it.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    If you would stop showing off your *kitten* then they wouldn't have done it. You made your bed now sleep in it.

Hey, if they're showing off their *kitten* and don't want to sleep in their bed, mine is available.
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying! You women don't get it! I never said that it was ok for the men to act that way! I'm saying you hold some responsibility in this too! And yes maybe sweat paints and shirts is a little extreme on my part but modesty goes a long way in a lot of men's eyes. Uh oh did he say modesty? Yes, I did!!!!
    What where you wearing while you where riding your bike? If it was a sweat shirt and sweat paints than I got your back on this one! If you where in a sports bra and short skin tight biking shorts then what did you expect? Men are stimulated by sight? Some men are more than others! I'm not saying they were right, but you didn't help matters if you flaunt what you got for the world to see! You can't have it both ways ladies. You can show us your goods and still expect us to respect your body if you don't! This is going to get me in trouble!!!!!!! But you wanted the truth right???????

So I have to wear a sweat shirt and sweat pants or I deserve the comments? I think men (and women) can be expected to control themselves. Just because we wear something that is comfortable and keeps us cool while working out doesn't make that okay.

If I see my guy neighbor mowing the lawn shirtless I'm not going to scream "HEYYY HOTTIE SHOW ME THE GOODS!!!" Not right o.O
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    It's moronic-pack mentality! Cut one from the pack and he'd be like Raj from the Big Bang Theory! :bigsmile:

THIS!! haha!
    I think this is more of the case than anything. Plus not having respect for themselves or others.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying! You women don't get it! I never said that it was ok for the men to act that way! I'm saying you hold some responsibility in this too! And yes maybe sweat paints and shirts is a little extreme on my part but modesty goes a long way in a lot of men's eyes. Uh oh did he say modesty? Yes, I did!!!!
    What where you wearing while you where riding your bike? If it was a sweat shirt and sweat paints than I got your back on this one! If you where in a sports bra and short skin tight biking shorts then what did you expect? Men are stimulated by sight? Some men are more than others! I'm not saying they were right, but you didn't help matters if you flaunt what you got for the world to see! You can't have it both ways ladies. You can show us your goods and still expect us to respect your body if you don't! This is going to get me in trouble!!!!!!! But you wanted the truth right???????

So I have to wear a sweat shirt and sweat pants or I deserve the comments? I think men (and women) can be expected to control themselves. Just because we wear something that is comfortable and keeps us cool while working out doesn't make that okay.

If I see my guy neighbor mowing the lawn shirtless I'm not going to scream "HEYYY HOTTIE SHOW ME THE GOODS!!!" Not right o.O

I can see where you are coming from. Like if you go out on the town and a women is wearing a low cut top and they get offended if someone "looks". I mean if you don't want it to be seen don't show it, right?
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    I normally ignore it or if they are really obnoxious I give them the finger lol
  • mwcraig34
    Options

I can see where you are coming from. Like if you go out on the town and a women is wearing a low cut top and they get offended if someone "looks". I mean if you don't want it to be seen don't show it, right?
    You get it but see your a guy!
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    I literally had a guy in the lane beside me whip out his PENIS while he was driving and WAVE IT AT ME! He leaned up so far I could see the whole thing.

I called the police.

I already apologized to you for this.

LMFAO:laugh:
  • mwcraig34
    Options
    Oh and I stopped mowing the yard shirtless because you keep looking at my nipples! :)
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

A fellow Horn....Nice. \0/ Off topic but I think the team will do a lil better this coming season. With WV and TCU coming it the bar just got raised.
  • mwcraig34
    Options
    I hear you bro we havent been all that successful lately I'm looking forward to this season! TCU and WV are good teams I think we will fare well against them!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Danny Boy and mwcraig, for derailing this whine-fest. I am extremely grateful. :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

Oh no trust me I get it too! I agree with you, just misunderstood. It goes both ways!
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    90% of all guys hit the pause button on maturity at age 14
    it's why we play video games into our 40s and beyond :glasses:
    it's why we laugh at fart jokes our whole lives :laugh:
    it's why we love gross out humor :bigsmile:

with that said, I have never yelled out a car windor at a lady or hit her with a broom. Even that offends my sensibilites :huh:

...and why most (if not all?) of you continue to wear t-shirts you should have gotten rid of after college (i.e. 'the definition of drunk'). not that i know anyone like this or anything...:wink:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Because society teaches men to treat women like nothing more than sex objects.

Rubbish. It works both ways now.

I've had just about every part of my body grabbed whilst out by women. Thats more than a whistle or a holla.

But of course, this thread like many is designed to get a pack mentality that men are all pigs and women are innocent, so carry on. You're no worse than the men, all the generalising in this thread...
    When this happens to you, does it make you fear for your safety? that you may be assaulted or raped or is it more of an annoyance.

Yes, because everyone here was fearing for their safety.

No, they were upset because they felt degraded. Some women here love their double standards.

I like anyone else has the right to not be grabbed or yell at, just like you.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I think this has degenerated a bit into a rapey thread, but generally if someone shouts something about you being hot, that is not disrespectful. I guarantee if you turned round and the guy shouting it was hot you would feel totally differently.

If someone shouting from across a street makes you feel scared for your life I fear for the poor guy who tries to chat to you on a night out; he'll be pepper sprayed before he's made it half way across the floor!

Whenever I get shouted at by women (yes it happens), instead of acting like an uptight *kitten* about it, I will have a laugh and wave/wink at them.

*Hint* - Life doesn't have to be so serious all the time....
  • duharvalgt
    duharvalgt Posts: 320
    Options
    I apologise on the behalf of men , it is more about the individuals than the gender ; I think in this Case most men would not do this