WHY oh WHY do guys yell at girls? - rant

Options
1234568»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    The guys are performing for each other. I know you don't think its nice, but if they didn't think you were hot they would have driven right by you.

When I was younger I was jogging and a carful of girls slowed down and one of them yelled " You know you have a really nice *kitten*!". I kept jogging, but hey, its something............

It made me appreciate the Eagles' line "its a girl my Lord in a flat bed Ford slowing down to take a look at me."

But that's exactly it. Telling someone they have a great body, or are hot is one thing, and ok, I think. Hooting, hanging out of a car window and shouting obscenities isn't. Once a man stopped me in the street and said "Sorry, to bother you, I just have to tell you, you look amazing in that dress" and walked off again. It was one of the nicest compliments I ever had, because it was sincere and completely non-threatening and out of the blue. I have also had men shouting "Hey, look at the tits on THAT!" and that isn't a compliment, it is offensive, disgusting, and makes me feel like I need to go and wash.
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    alot of it has to do with immaturity. To let you in on a little secret, most men would see you riding down the street and think wow look at her. Not to much different then an army buff guy running without his shirt on when women drive past. I know this because i live two blocks away from a national guard post and the men run past our house all the time. My fiance informed me that it was a perk to her buying the house where she bought it.

Those that express that thought verbally are those that have never grown up.

Just last night i was leaving the grociery store and there was this girl who was wearing work out garb. you know the clothes. super tight pants and shirt. she was walking with a guy who i assume was her boyfriend of husband. I was putting my grocieries in the car when i heard a whistle and a nice *kitten* come from a mans voice. i looked up and saw this girl putting grocieries in the back of their suv and a guy across from them hanging out his car staring. i felt so bad for the girl. i never really saw anything like it before. sure as a young adolecent my friends and i would talk like that, but never expressed it loud enough for people to hear. as i watched this go down i couldn't help but want to say something. But then i got to thinking, did i really hear what i heard. Do i really want to stick up for someone i dont know when their man is there with them. alot ran thru my head as i just stood there in awe watching this guy hanging out of his suv door staring at her. THE WORST PART, the guy she was with had already gotten into the car as she was putting the last bag away and locked out of the car. she was pulling the handle, knocking on the window, and then came the flipping him off. Her man hung her out to dry like a piece of meat. not only was it freezing cold out, but she had some perv hooting and hollering at her.

as i sat in my car waiting for it to warm up a little and for two cars to pass by, i saw a woman pushing a heavily packed shopping cart across the parking lot. sure enough it was the hooting and hollering guys wife. as i watched her unload bag after bag into the back of her suv while the guy leaned up against his door texting on his phone just minutes after he verbally abused some woman. Leaving his wife to go do the shopping and not even bother help unload the cart. Thats not a man, thats a boy. there are many names a person like that can be called, but a boy puts it into perspective
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    alot of it has to do with immaturity. To let you in on a little secret, most men would see you riding down the street and think wow look at her. Not to much different then an army buff guy running without his shirt on when women drive past. I know this because i live two blocks away from a national guard post and the men run past our house all the time. My fiance informed me that it was a perk to her buying the house where she bought it.

Those that express that thought verbally are those that have never grown up.

Just last night i was leaving the grociery store and there was this girl who was wearing work out garb. you know the clothes. super tight pants and shirt. she was walking with a guy who i assume was her boyfriend of husband. I was putting my grocieries in the car when i heard a whistle and a nice *kitten* come from a mans voice. i looked up and saw this girl putting grocieries in the back of their suv and a guy across from them hanging out his car staring. i felt so bad for the girl. i never really saw anything like it before. sure as a young adolecent my friends and i would talk like that, but never expressed it loud enough for people to hear. as i watched this go down i couldn't help but want to say something. But then i got to thinking, did i really hear what i heard. Do i really want to stick up for someone i dont know when their man is there with them. alot ran thru my head as i just stood there in awe watching this guy hanging out of his suv door staring at her. THE WORST PART, the guy she was with had already gotten into the car as she was putting the last bag away and locked out of the car. she was pulling the handle, knocking on the window, and then came the flipping him off. Her man hung her out to dry like a piece of meat. not only was it freezing cold out, but she had some perv hooting and hollering at her.

as i sat in my car waiting for it to warm up a little and for two cars to pass by, i saw a woman pushing a heavily packed shopping cart across the parking lot. sure enough it was the hooting and hollering guys wife. as i watched her unload bag after bag into the back of her suv while the guy leaned up against his door texting on his phone just minutes after he verbally abused some woman. Leaving his wife to go do the shopping and not even bother help unload the cart. Thats not a man, thats a boy. there are many names a person like that can be called, but a boy puts it into perspective

ahh.. so in your little story there, the winner is the dude that no one noticed and wasnt mentioned. gotcha.
    i bet he gets alot of a*s...
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I apologise on the behalf of men , it is more about the individuals than the gender ; I think in this Case most men would not do this
    LAME!!!!!^^^^^^
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    I apologise on the behalf of men , it is more about the individuals than the gender ; I think in this Case most men would not do this
    LAME!!!!!^^^^^^

beta.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I literally had a guy in the lane beside me whip out his PENIS while he was driving and WAVE IT AT ME! He leaned up so far I could see the whole thing.

I called the police.

What was he driving with??? Maybe he was just being friendly and waving hello?

The logistics of this are just boggling my mind...

ps: good move for calling the cops. What a downright stupid thing to do...

Waving hello with his penis is a form of being friendly? Really? You do that too?

And she's right calling the police, that's sexual harassment if you don't know. Unless you're a pervert who wave at people using your penis.

And lols @ your logic boggling in your mind...
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    I literally had a guy in the lane beside me whip out his PENIS while he was driving and WAVE IT AT ME! He leaned up so far I could see the whole thing.

I called the police.

What was he driving with??? Maybe he was just being friendly and waving hello?

The logistics of this are just boggling my mind...

ps: good move for calling the cops. What a downright stupid thing to do...

Waving hello with his penis is a form of being friendly? Really? You do that too?

And she's right calling the police, that's sexual harassment if you don't know. Unless you're a pervert who wave at people using your penis.

And lols @ your logic boggling in your mind...

so its sexual harassment unless you're a pervert?
    thats awesome! im going to start waving to people today!

its going to be a bit trickier for me on the motorcycle, but I think I can pull it off.. or out.. whatever the phrase is.