Can girls be beautiful if

Options

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    underarm hair would be to goss for me to put up with (seriously no offences i just dont like how it feels)
    leg hair i can understand. im allergic to a bunchhhh of things including chlorine and dyes and stuff thats in water in the city sometimes
    so when i have to shave it takes for ever and hurts like a ***** :c only on the top parts of my leg and only for 2 days after. but i usually dont shave and my boyfriend dosnt mind he would rather have me happy then a smooth leg. thank god im blonde and my hair dosnt grow like a guys :p
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I find it very unattractive. Even on men, I like very little body hair. Men should keep things nicely trimmed, and women should be clean-shaven, for my preferences.

I realize it isn't all about me, though. So if you find it preferable to have hair, go for it. It's just not what I find attractive.

i agree with this :flowerforyou:
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    yes for me
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    yes for me
    I think there is a difference between ladies attraction to that and men's attraction to that. Based from this discussion feedback, it seems that most ladies don't like it but most men are alright with this.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Of course they can... and anyone who says otherwise needs to take a large dose of reality check.

Sure, we all have our own personal preferences... I like hairy, hairy men... the hairier the better... others like the smooth and utterly hairless look, but one is not more beautiful than the other... it's just a preference.

Way too much emphasis is placed on so-called "norms" of physical beauty.

True beauty comes from within... and anyone who's seen Shallow Hall will know what I mean :happy:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    *shrugs*

I don't shave.

I don't stink, either.
  • Tindomerel
    Tindomerel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Let's not forget Charlotte Free
    tumblr_lzpxcfT1kg1qa42jro1_r1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1330974828&Signature=ueFVGcn5lCuuEAeAKGHRuLQTXg0%3D

Have to say, not for me though but each to their own!
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I shave off everything.. I don't even have 'real' eyebrows lol (I draw them on) but I totally think you could preform & have body hair! why not? Dancing/etc is an art form, having/not having body hair isn't going to change your performance. Honestly I think you would look like a total badass doing burlesque with underarm hair.

edit- I actually hate shaving now though, I'm an exotic dancer so I get stuck shaving everything days in a row, it sucks! lady areas + razor burn + lap-dances = PAIN lol (not nude lap-dance btw, gstring rub is super uncomfortable, not sure how girls stand it at clubs that do nude dances..kinda gross)
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    (That's very true, there are awesome guys out there who see past a little hair :-) ) The question specifically relates to performing in public though.

Just remembered I have a funny story to share. I'd actually forgotten that girls aren't supposed to have hair, out of high school, hanging out with hippies, doing my thing, then one day...

I'm a sound tech by trade and one night I'd finished up working a gig in a pub and was propped up on the bar by my elbows waiting to get paid. It was a hot day so I was in a singlet and and bit sweaty after a night of working. Suddenly I feel something under my arm, I spin around, there's a group of guys sat in a circle, one of them is gesturing towards my underarms going "what's that" (Like he'd never seen underarm hair). A conversation ensues "underarm hair" "are you a guy?" "no, women can grow that you know". That was about the extent of it actually. In hindsight, the little bugger must have actually reached out and pulled my underarm hair. What a cheek! Anyway, that was when I remembered it's taboo.

I definitely feel that it's your decision and you should do what you want, but if you're performing on stage anywhere in the US, I'm sure they will want you to shave. Not saying it's fair, but most people think underarm hair is gross. Legs might be easier to conceal or ignore, but I don't think the underarm hair will be...
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I find it very unattractive. Even on men, I like very little body hair. Men should keep things nicely trimmed, and women should be clean-shaven, for my preferences.

I realize it isn't all about me, though. So if you find it preferable to have hair, go for it. It's just not what I find attractive.

Although I understand where the other posters are coming from, I agree the most with this. It's just a personal preference. I find boys that are clean shaven with not very much body hair (though clean, neat facial hair is attractive). Like shaved arms and legs. Not necessarily to the point of a woman's, but not like gorilla hairy :laugh:
    As for me, I just enjoy having smooth, soft legs. Plus it makes me swim faster at swim meets xD
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    oh - i just caught the burlesque thing ...

I AM in a burlesque troop and while we have girls of all types and sizes, I've never seen an unshaven/unwaxed girl.

I agree. I'm in a burlesque troop as well and although there are all types of women who I've seen perform, I don't think I have ever seen a woman who is unshaven.

But you also have to keep in mind, that when on stage, you are performing under lots of heavy stage lights where even makeup has to be exaggerated. So unless your armpit hair is super thick and dark, I don't think it could even be seen?? Maybe...

But I say go for it! Burlesque makes you feel so beautiful and feminine. :)
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Personally I think it just looks cleaner & it feels cleaner to shave. But if your comfortable not shaving then who cares what anyone else thinks?
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options

This exactly.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options

This exactly.

Yep!
  • Missspenditall
    Missspenditall Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Sorry I think that it is unattractive as well. I would hope that they would remember my dancing and not my body hair.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I think it's all about how you present yourself. If come out feeling uncomfortable, it will show. If you go with all the confidence in the world, it will show as well!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is just me, but I guess I don't get what is too hard about shaving every other day. I don't mean that to be accusing, but I'm just genuinely curious. If you're worried about a guy not liking it (and it's something you can change) why not shave?
    ETA: I shave most every day, and I always have a five o clock shadow by the end of the day but it makes me feel better and it's so easy!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Sure, it can still be beautiful... Attractive to others.... maybe in a fetish sort of way.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I didn't start shaving my legs til I was 19. But I just feel sexy when I keep myself well shaven. That said, it has never bothered me in other women when they don't choose to shave or do it very often. Usually I get a bit jealous of their confidence to do what they want without necessarily giving a damn what others might think.

But in winter I shave my legs less often and I don't care how beautiful or not it is, I need the extra insulation...
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    they don't shave their leg and underarm hair?

(I am one of these girls so keep the cries of disgust to a dull roar please). I ask because I'm feeling much happier about my body since I've slimmed down a bit and I'd love to do something goofy/fun/sexy like burlesque but in all honesty, could I show my body on stage if I don't shave (and I probably won't shave, it's the last frontier. We're allowed to be fat now, why can't we leave hair where it grows?!!!!!!)

Move to France.

That is such a myth. HARDLY any French women don't remove their underarm and leg hair. They WAX. shaving is for amateurs.

I would say it's the same in the UK. Most people I know wax. Shaving is just...weird.