Can girls be beautiful if

Options
12346»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    aw2s82.jpg

Amanda Palmer: beautiful and sexy with unshaven legs and underarms.

While yes, she looks ok like that, most of us aren't blessed with that little underarm hair. I think for most of us we'd look like we were smuggling hamsters if we let our armpit hair grow out.
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Move to France.

Nonesense! Have you been to France? Its such an annoying cliche that women in Europe don't shave....
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    why not shave?

I suspect I wouldn't feel like me if I did.

Thank you very much for the feedback every one :-D (especially the history of hairlessness as a fashion, the feedback from burlesque dancers and responses from dudes - who I suppose are the demographic for burlesque - although the shows I've been mixing lately have had plenty of women in the audience ah ha).

I think I might just do hip hop dance for now :-) As someone said, if the dancer is brilliant, they can probably be forgiven for having underarm hair but I'll have to build up to that.

As for you ladies who agree with me but don't feel brave enough to stop shaving, I hope that changes for you some day :-)
  • beautyreaps
    beautyreaps Posts: 151
    Options
    Wax, the hair growth comes back less and less and thinner, so it may come to a point where it's unnoticeable. I've been waxing for years and I barely get anything anywhere.

I'm completely OCD, so I have to keep everything taken care of. I take it as a matter of hygiene. Plus, hair smells gross when you sweat, so no, I don't find it attractive - personally. I wouldn't say it doesn't make you beautiful. That's for you to decide, but personally, I don't like it.
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Beautiful yes....sexy no, im sure some dudes are into that but nothing sexy about a hairy woman #deathtonaturale

LOL!!! ditto that
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    they don't shave their leg and underarm hair?

(I am one of these girls so keep the cries of disgust to a dull roar please). I ask because I'm feeling much happier about my body since I've slimmed down a bit and I'd love to do something goofy/fun/sexy like burlesque but in all honesty, could I show my body on stage if I don't shave (and I probably won't shave, it's the last frontier. We're allowed to be fat now, why can't we leave hair where it grows?!!!!!!)

Move to France.

^^^ Rude. I think women are beautiful no matter what. I definitely would/could not do it. But I respect people who really don't care, or feel the need.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Like someone said this can be a conflicting view. I guess a girl can be beautiful either way. I prefer to be shaved/waxed but if I'm not I don't go sporting around the hair on my legs... It's weird to me I suppose.. But regardless a girl can be beautiful but I guess I think about personal hygiene which is important when it comes to hair on the body. So I prefer to shave/wax...
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who refuses to shave because it makes her feel nauseous for some reason and she's beautiful. It's up to you and your partner. :flowerforyou: