Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The kind of people I respect...

QueenJayJay
QueenJayJay Posts: 1,079 Member
...tell me they have a problem with me to my face, instead of whining to someone else about it, etc.

What types of things make you respect a person?

Replies

• FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Someone who can stand up for himself, someone who isn't afraid of a confrontation.
  • QueenJayJay
    Someone who can stand up for himself, someone who isn't afraid of a confrontation.

:drinker:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    ...tell me they have a problem with me to my face, instead of whining to someone else about it, etc.

What types of things make you respect a person?

^^^ this and people who hold themselves accountable instead of blaming everyone else for their own issues.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 926 Member
    people who arent afraid of hard work, rarely let injuries slow them down, and have a strong demeanor. I guess I mean cowboys
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    people who do not lie or cheat to get what they want! people who are honorable.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Ones who own up to their mistakes and shortcomings. And once they find those shortcomings or make those mistakes, they try to do something to correct them instead of rolling over and accepting it or wallowing in guilt.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Those who are loyal to their friends, and will be there whenever their support is needed.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    People that take responsibility for themselves and decisions they made and don't expect anyone else or the government to bail them out because of their decisions.
  • QueenJayJay

people who hold themselves accountable instead of blaming everyone else for their own issues.

Totally agree with this.
  • I respect people that don't whine, complain or make excuses.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    People who can have a really heated debate and not take it personally.
    People who are not easily offended
    People who understand the humour in sarcasm
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    People who aren't MEAN and NASTY! Those who aren't ready for confrontation all the time! :drinker:
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    I respect honesty....Say what you mean and mean what you say. Stand by your words, own your actions and if you're wrong, acknowledge it, learn from it and move on. This is what I respect in a person and what I want from the people around me.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    I don't respect a lot of people. :P
  • QueenJayJay
    People who aren't MEAN and NASTY! Those who aren't ready for confrontation all the time! :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • Are Honest and not mean spirited. They follow the golden rule Do unto others.......
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    I really respect people who don't have an ounce of "give up" in them... who understand that falling down does not equal failure... who believe that falling down and STAYING down equals failure. I respect people who don't operate under the misconception that everybody starts from the same point, so they don't measure one person's progress against another person's. In fact, the people I respect are so busy measuring and improving their own progress, they rarely notice another's unless that person asks them to offer advice.

:flowerforyou:
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    People who fall down, learn while down and get back up to fight again!!! NEVER GIVE N NEVER GIVE UP
  • QueenJayJay
    chickens.jpg
  • QueenJayJay
    In fact, the people I respect are so busy measuring and improving their own progress, they rarely notice another's unless that person asks them to offer advice.

This is a good point!