Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The kind of people I respect...

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    people who arent afraid of hard work, rarely let injuries slow them down, and have a strong demeanor. I guess I mean cowboys

I remember when I used to watch Westerns and Cowboys were the epitome of macho strength and fortitude.:drinker:

In the UK "Cowboy" is used to describe workmen who are lazy and do a poor job. I have no idea why or when this term became popular. Strange how words are adopted and used in such very different ways.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    People who don't make excuses. We all have crap happen to us and obviously that has an influence, but we are the only ones in control of our own actions. We can make positive choices regardless of whatever craptastic baggage we may be carrying.
    I respect people who get that, and who live by it.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    I respect people that don't whine, complain or make excuses.

Or cry over every little thing.......I call that putting on my big girl panties!!!!
  • Evelyn_22
    Evelyn_22 Posts: 70 Member
    People who will do something for some one with out it benefiting them.
    People who are not selfish.
    People who are honest.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Someone who takes responsibility for something that they didn't neccessarily do, is kind to animals and children. Someone who displays acts of mercy even if they don't get rewarded or recognized in any way.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    People that actually learn from their mistakes.. they don't keep doing the same things over & over again and expecting a different result.
  • Hannova
    Hannova Posts: 50
    I can respect people who can disagree without being asshats, demeaning or insulting. Which is why I never have political arguments. No one else seems to know how.

I respect people who do the right thing, not because they are pushed into it, or because anyone is watching, but because it's the right thing. I hate when people don't pull their own weight and just assume everyone else will take up the slack.

I respect people who treat other people as worthy of basic respect, regardless of race, religion, sexuality or whatever.

I respect people who can keep their cool, even when provoked, but aren't afraid to throw down when they have to.
  • Barbara98
    Barbara98 Posts: 60 Member
    I respect a person who can bite their tongue and walk away and also confront when it needs to be confronted. people need to choose there battles and not get put out every time something rubs them the wrong way. I feel people are way to sensitive these days and take every little thing to heart. I also think people need to think before they speak and grow up!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    ...don't let anyone or anything have power over them.

The more difficult things I've gone thru, the more I've realized that I don't let circumstances have any power over me. And I've come to expect the same from my loved ones. It's empowering....not letting anyone or anything else have the power....
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    I admire honesty and people who don't make excuses. If you did it, you did it, end of story... and I don't care why.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    - I respect people who let their actions talk, rather than their tongue

- I respect people who've tried and succeeded / failed in life, rather than people who've had success handed down to them and think highly of themselves for it

- I respect people who understand that those who want respect, give respect.

- I respect people who did right when doing wrong was easy
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    News flash to the public... NOT EVERYONE LIKES EVERYONE..

Love this!
  • I respect people who are straight-forward, blunt, honest regardless of what other people think. :tongue:

Also, people who have a sense of humor and can laugh in tough situations. :love:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Are Honest and not mean spirited. They follow the golden rule Do unto others.......

I know it may be cheesy but I totally agree with said above... And also I don't respect many people either but the ones i do respect are the ones that will come to you if they have a problem with you. I mean what are you accomplishing by talking terrible things about someone behind their back, I'm sure everyone is guilty of this to some small extent because we are human but don't get caught up in it and recognize it.
  • I respect honesty....Say what you mean and mean what you say. Stand by your words, own your actions and if you're wrong, acknowledge it, learn from it and move on. This is what I respect in a person and what I want from the people around me.

Total true. :smile:

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    people who arent afraid of hard work, rarely let injuries slow them down, and have a strong demeanor. I guess I mean cowboys

cheers
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    ...tell me they have a problem with me to my face, instead of whining to someone else about it, etc.

What types of things make you respect a person?

Whining, I totally understand you there, hate it..........BUT, and I am not saying I am right in this either, I feel like going to someone else to work out an issue is ok as long as they come to you afer and tell you to your face. I find it theraputic to let things all hang out in the open and work on getting into a positive, open minded, ready to listen as much as talk, and to be able to view things from their point of view kind of attitude first. I know for myself it helps me see everything........which is how I'd like to show MY respect to the person I am having an issue with.

For me is someone who actually views you as a friend and not just because you like someone they like too and pretend to be your friend just to see how into you HE is and vice versa. And someone who is outwardly honest and not a coward when it comes to telling that person that you and the dude they like, like each other. Also, in saying that, someone who has enough respect to ask you if you are okay with them going out........of course not that they HAVE to, but its just respectful is all.

Whoops........meant "after" not "afer"
  • bennjammin
    bennjammin Posts: 40 Member
    A walker versus a talker - I naturally give more respect to people who lead by example and true team players in life.
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    A walker versus a talker - I naturally give more respect to people who lead by example and true team players in life.

what if they walk and talk simultaneously? Extra credit? Cause some people are multi-taksers...........
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    sincerity is my thing. the best way to earn my respect is to always tell me the truth!