The Daily HEET...May Thread...Open to Everyone!

Options
Welcome to the Daily HEET, Healthy Eaters and Exercise Team and our new May...Make Anything Yours...Thread!

We are always Welcoming New Members so please Stop In and post. We are a light-hearted bunch, full of fun and motivation. We are each achieving our goals in our own way but share our progress and, yes, even our struggles daily. Some are focusing on calorie counting, others are incorporating a better understanding of overall nutrition in our food choices. Either way, we are all striving to be our *Healthiest Selves*. And we are ALL trying to move our bodies more!

If you need some extra encouragement, motivation or just want some place to share your thoughts and ideas while you strive to achieve your *Healthier You* please feel free to join us!

Replies

• LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    Options
    Welcome to the Daily HEET, Healthy Eaters and Exercise Team and our new May...Make Anything Yours...Thread!

We are always Welcoming New Members so please Stop In and post. We are a light-hearted bunch, full of fun and motivation. We are each achieving our goals in our own way but share our progress and, yes, even our struggles daily. Some are focusing on calorie counting, others are incorporating a better understanding of overall nutrition in our food choices. Either way, we are all striving to be our *Healthiest Selves*. And we are ALL trying to move our bodies more!

If you need some extra encouragement, motivation or just want some place to share your thoughts and ideas while you strive to achieve your *Healthier You* please feel free to join us!
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    I'm posting early and setting my goals because I'm still gonna be a little hit and miss for the next couple of weeks. BUT, I'm setting my goal...I'm going for 7 pounds this month. That will bring me to the 15 pound mark. So tell me HEETers, whatcha got??? Let's Bring It! Summer time is almost upon us!! :smile: :love: :drinker:
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Good May Day Morning HEETers!! Rise and Shine....

Let's Get Busy!!
  • blackchick38
    blackchick38 Posts: 135
    Options
    goodmorning heeters,happy may 1st.im setting a goal of losing 10lbs,i know i can do it,just need to stay focus and stay away from people who dont want to see me looking slimmer,so here it goes.my computer is still down so i will be in and out now and again
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi Heeters ! Happy May ! How is everyone today? Great I hope. :smile: Julie- thanks for the cell phone ttips. It's in my oven as I type. I hope it works. :grumble: My goal for May is to work up to 30 minutes of riding on my bike. 4 years ago I used to ride 6-10 miles a day. I want to get back to that. We just got back for our 2 mile walk. Phew it's so hot today. It might reach 100 degrees. I think we'll bike ride some after Eddie gets picked up. I will walk 2 miles with dh tonight. Is everyone doing some kind of exercise today? Let's get moving. Hey I thought of a slogan for May- " Let's get moving in May" simple saying but it's a very important message. I tell Avery quite often on our walks how great it is that we're working the most important muscle in our bodies. Our hearts. This is so important for weight loss and health Heeters. I know exercise is more important than the food for me. I could eat 1.200 calories a day and lose nothing if I didn't exercise. My wish for all of you is that you find the exercise that you love and stick to a solid exercise plan. I need to go tame a cranky 19th month old now. ttfn- :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    :heart: Good evening Heeters, How was everones day? Where is everyone? I hope you're all MIA because you're having fun and enjoying some exercise or some veggies. :smile: I am waiting for dh to get home and we're all heading to the pool. Julie, I put my cell phone in the oven and left it there overnight. It won't turn on unless It's hooked up to the charger. It says it's fully charged. I guess thats better than nothing but I hope it dries out some more and works right. What did everyone have for dinner? We're having grilled NY strip steaks and baked sweet potatoes. What does everone have planned for this weekend? I think we're going to the movies. Other than that I think we'll be in the pool alot. Have a great evening gals, ttfn- :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hello Heeters, How is everyone today? It's kinda chilly here right now. I've been sluggish all day . I need to do dishes, laundry ,sweep and vacume. I don't know if we'll make it to the pool today. I want to get my 3 mile workout in and walk 2 miles outside. I want to get a bike ride in also. I hope you all have something fun planned. Hazel, I hope you find us here in our May thread. ttfn- :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi Heeters, how is everyone, and happy May!!! We've been a sick bunch here at home, kay is better, but I got it settling in my chest. Hasn't kept me down, as I still keep going like the energizer bunny. We started a remodeling project here at home. We are remodeling our bath. We worked on removal of old floor tiles today and got half of it knocked out. Will get the rest on monday. The weather is nice and cool here today just beautiful for this type of indoor project. Then early evening we mowed the lawn and with the push mower and trimming takes a good hour then we took a drive to the cemetery and placed flowers on graves. Stopped for ice cream, came home and got our baths and are resting.

I swear gals, I hurt everywhere. I did my calories burned for what we did today and I didn't mention grocery shopping and errands ran this morning as well, and a yard sale me and kay went to, its been a full day. But anyway just doing the floor and mowing I burned 1,306 calories. Its got to pay off come monday at the scales. It sure had better, as we are working at it. I am so excited though to be doing the work, this house I always felt had alot of potential. It will be alot of fun, and kay is enjoying getting in on the projects as well.

I am probably boring all of you, sorry. I would like my May goal to be to lose 8 lbs. this month.
    With that all said, I will talk to all of you later.
    Debbie
    waving to all the Heeters~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • noey
    noey Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello Heeters! Thanks for letting me be a part of this group. I really need the motivation. My goal for the month is to drop 8 pounds . I am going to exercise 4days a week and stay true to my 1200 calorie plan. Good Luck everyone!!!!:smile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Heeters, Debbie , that's so neat ! I love doing home improvement projects. It's great your daughter is getting involved. I love involving Avery in all sorts of projects. Being a homeschooling Mom I search out projects. I hope everyone had a great day. I did. It was chilly but Avery still wanted to swim so I took her and 2 of her friends. I might swim tomorrow if it warms up. We grilled hamburgers for dinner and had brussel sprouts and cottage cheese with them. Yum. I weigh in Sunday morning. I'm bloated because my TOM is on it's way. I hope to lose at least 2 pounds anyway. I burned 4,843 calories this week from my workouts. I walked 23 miles. I swam a couple times and I rode my bike for a total of 2 hours over the week. Ok so thats 8.5 hours. According to the American Heart association I added 17 hours to my life. I want to go on a long bike ride tomorrow. :smile: I love this way of life :heart: I hope everone has a great night. :smile: Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Welome Noey ! You will love this team of Gals! Post often with your triumphs and any questions you may have. :flowerforyou: :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • noey
    noey Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Cindy, I am new to this, thank you so much for welcoming me!:smile:
  • hazelmichling
    hazelmichling Posts: 145
    Options
    Hey there HEETER sistahs! Welcome, Noey. Come back often.

Cindy, here I am. Finally found the thread as i have been looking for it since the 30th of April. So glad to be back. I have been missing you all. :smile: :sad: But, here I am!

My goal for May will be to hit the gym 4 days a week. Looking for a weight loss of 8 lbs. I know i can do it. Still aiming for my H2o for the daily 8 glasses. Doing better. Thank you.

Today is the first day of the new week and so I must change my outlook and remind myself I CAN DO IT.

Didn't feel well this past week plus was busy helping with preparation for our Women's Banquet at church.

Keep up your great activities, Cindy, and thanks for all the inspirational life you lead on a daily basis.

Bebe, it was nice to see you on posting too. Let's do it together, island sistah.

Debbie, you are keeping quite busy I see. I pray you will be feeling better real soon with what has gotten into your chest. Being diabetic, be extra careful of letting it settle in. Hope you are on meds from the doctor for it.

Noey, I pray that you will find this group to be supportive and you will enjoy our easy lifestyle all with the same goal for healthy eating and exercise and working towards our weight losses as something that will help you. We are a friendly bunch and care for each other. Welcome again.

Have a great day ya'll. :flowerforyou:

TTFN. Hazel
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Good Morning HEETers and welcome Noey!!

I just wanted to share dinner from last night...Cedar Planked Salmon. And Let Me Tell You...it was delicious. I bought a couple of planks that were already cut but you can use regular planks right from the Home Depot or whatever. Cut to size and soak in water 15 minutes to (some say) overnight. Just depends on how much smokey flavor you want. I soaked my planks for a couple of hours becuase I wasn't sure. We grilled corn with it and the corn also had a really nice flavor. If you like Salmon try it!! DH and I agree it's the only way we'll cook salmon from now on.

Gotta run. Hope you all have a fabulous day!!

Julie
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    This is an awesome thread!! I am fairly new to the MFP group and I just found y'all. I'd like to be a part of the group if y'all have room for one more... Hope y'all have a great Sunday. I have a group bicycle ride planned for this morning, but after that, we are headed out ot the beach. A little R&R before the week starts again.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Good Morning Heeters, Welcome aboard Bbogart. Weigh in for me this morning. I'm down another 3.6 pounds. :smile: I am so happy! My body is loving this way of life ! How is everyone this morning? I hope we all have a beautiful Sunday. Let's all get out and do something fun. Let's " get moving in May" I'm going to go swimming and bike riding and go for my 2 mile walk. I have to run now but I'll be back later- Drink that water-eat those veggies- get moving- WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • bbogart
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the welcome. Just wondering...has anyone done any research on "organic" food? I have heard a lot of different things about it, but was just wondering ewhat everyone thinks. I know it is way more expensive than the other foods, which doesn't make sense since it is supposed to be LESS processed than the other foods. Just looking for some feedback. I'll be looking into it on my own, too, but I was wondering what y'all thought.
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Go Cindy!! Go Cindy!! Go Cindy!! :love: :love: You are AMAZING!!

:flowerforyou: Welcome Bogart!! We certainly DO have room for 1 more!! I've never researched the organic topic. While I'm sure there's some truth behind the message (pesticides and all) the whole thing just hasn't caught on with me yet. Maybe if the price came down a little bit I'd look in to it.

Well, gotta scoot...I'll see ya'll later...

Julie
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Good Morning HEETers!

Where is everyone???

Make it a Most Wonderful May Day!!

Julie
  • bbogart
    Options
    Good morning!!! I hope everyone has an awesome productive day. I plan on doing a 1.5 hour bike ride this morning before it gets too hot. I have been looking into the organic thing a little and here is what I have come up with. Non-organic foods are the foods that are basically produced/grown with the addition of certain things... growth hormones, pesticides, anti-biotics and some other stuff. Organics are grown without ANY of that stuff. this means that not only are the cows (and other animals) NOT treated with growth hormones, but they ARE fed with organic grains. Basically, the pesticides and genetically mutated grains can cross over through the cow into it's milk and meat. Non-organic milk has anti-biotics that cross over from the cow when it gets treated for infections in the udder from producing too much milk. There are a bunch of other things that go along with it, but I'm still not sure I'm sold. We'll have to see.