The Daily HEET...May Thread...Open to Everyone!

Options

Replies

• LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    Options
    Hey Bogart! Glad to see you still posting. Not sure where Cindy is. Actually, I'm kind of concerned. She posts every single day at least twice. Debbie is remodelling, Lucy is studying for finals, Bebe's computer is on the fritz and Hazel always has some church things going on but she's a regular poster. She'll probably pop in soon.

Went to Walmart this morning and got me a nice bike to keep at the office. Just as I was heading out to take it for a test drive boss DW pulled in and off we went. We did close to 6 miles. :love: :love: I didn't DARE complain when I started to feel it in my legs. He would have kept me out for hours, lol!

Anyway, got to get some things done around here...Hope everyone is doing GREAT today. Please check in HEETers. I'm wondering where you all are!

Julie
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi Heeters, I'm sorry to worry you Julie. Dh turned the alarm clock off this morning so I woke up to Eddie & his dad knocking on the door. :grumble: How is everyone doing today? Eddie just layed down for a nap and I need to start lessons with Avery. I plan on doing my 3 mile watp workout at 5.30 today after Eddie gets picked up. Julie ,that's great about your bike and that bike ride ! I need to find bike trails around us. It's cool here today. The sun is shining though. It's supposed to be 105 degrees on Thursday. Ok -I'll post more later. Make it a great day everyone! :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Holy cow!! 105 in Odessa already? I thought we were having a warm spell here in Corpus, but we probably won't hit 105 at all this year, although, we WILL have +90% humidity. That's what keeps me inside. When it's so friggin' hot and then on top of that you can't breathe...I guess that's Corpus for ya'. Hope y'all have a great week. I am having motivation issues, but I am going to force myself to get off my butt and do something.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Bbogart, Yep, I love the heat though. We don't have humidity. Just hang in there. You'll find your motivation! :flowerforyou: I hope everyone had a great day! I felt sluggish all day from getting up late. I haven't worked out yet and that doesn't help. I plan to walk 3 miles tonight. I need to get up on time in the morning and get my workout in. I feel so much better when I exercise in the morning. I hope everyone drank their h2o and ate some veggies & moved some today. :smile: May is well on it's way so let's not forget our May motto- " Get moving in May" Julie, I'm glad to see you back girlie! We sure missed ya! I best go do some dishes- ttfn- :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    images?q=tbn:xjUbyYL-NKZqpM

This was me today...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And man, let me tell you...I Can FEEL IT!! I am dreading waking up tomorrow morning. My legs feel better. Now it's my back that appears to be where it's going to settle in. UGH!!!

Have to share this real quick. My meeting is growing by leaps and bounds. As of this afternoon I have 61 confirmed and 25 maybes and still have 2 weeks to go. And to top it off...one of the confirmed is a guy I haven't seen since I was about 15 when we were both in high school. I emailed him to confirm it was him and it is. David is still in contact with some other friends via Facebook (these are all kids from back when I was in my church youth group and we all went to school together), one of them being another guy friend who recently asked David if he had heard from me lately. So, here I am, 28 years later and practically tipping the scales and I'm feeling like I'm going to a High School reunion or something.:noway: :noway: :noway: Good Lawd I HATE being FAT!! But, David totally supports what I'm doing and is very involved in the community as a whole so I've asked him to assist me with my meeting as this thing is just growing out of control. I don't care how much it kills me, my big hiney will be on that bicycle every single day!!!

Oh...and I can't swim yet. We have "Scale" in the pool (calcium build up). We're having to treat it with acid and it will be another week before I can get in it. I TOTALLY blame this on DH!! He is the chemical guy and he dropped the ball and I am NONE TOO HAPPY about it!! :mad:

Ok...I'm off for the night. Too many things to do right now but I'm jazzed up about it. Make it a great night HEETers and I'll check back when I can...

Julie
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Heeters, Just a quick pop in to say goodnight. I just got in from my 3 mile walk. 3 miles in 45 minutes. 510 calories burned. That's all the exercise I did today. :grumble: I will get back on track tomorrow. I hope everyone had a great day! Nighty night-- :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Morning HEETers,

Had my egg, toast, OJ and soy milk this morning. Am looking for a good day. Lunch is kind of up in the air but dinner tonight is fish as tomorrow is weigh in.

Surprisingly, I'm not feeling too bad today. My neck and back are a little sore but nothing in my legs. I think I'll live! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Later,
    Julie
  • hazelmichling
    hazelmichling Posts: 145
    Options
    Morning all. Just to report I am still alive. We had a series of some bad storms and I believe that really washed my motivation right out the door too. Have added some multi vitamins to my daily routine and yesterday thinking about it, I feel this may be causing my stomach problems. Huge gas build up, nausea and plain don't feel like moving. If I be still, it doesn't bother me ..... so..... needless to say, I have not been moving too fast around here for the past week.

Maybe someone can make some recommendation to me in how to get around this problem?

In my mind, I am thinking of my goals set for the month but no action behind it. :sad: :devil: :mad::angry: :grumble:

Way to go on that bike Julie. It's great how you are getting motivational help from DW on your bike rid\ing. Keep it up as I am here cheering you on. Hear it?

Cindy, guess DH thought you needed the extra sleep. That's ok as we know you have the self motivation in you to plug right on by. But take care of your body too. /remember, it is not a machine.

BBogart, I'm sorry if I didn't get on to welcome you into the group. Welcome and I look forward to reading your postings about the organic food stuff. I just know they are supposed to be chemical free but now days, what can we really believe? Debbie is doing her own gardening and I am interested in getting one started. Don't really know how, but I have finally decided I am going to try container type gardening on a raised bed so I don't have to bend down so far. :laugh: :laugh: My DH has promised he would help me with my gardening project so this will happen. When? Don't know yet. Soon, I hope. Can you imagine how much better the veggies will taste coming out of your own garden? Yum yum.

I'm going to say hello to all that follows and bbl.

My morning will be Bible study, then we do some coloring of Christmas goodies bag for the prison ministry, hair cut and then home. Yea! Going to try to fix some beer battered fish for tonight. We don't drink and so we had a good lesson on buying beer at the liquor store yesterday. That's another story.

TTFN. Hazel
  • bbogart
    Options
    Good morning all. hazelmichling, I know exactly what you are talking about for motivation...I have been having motivation issues, too. Until LilWaterBug sent me a "kick in the pants". Thanks for that. It was just what I needed. I have counted it a success over the past week that i have been loggin a all, even if I do go over my allotted calories sometimes. I am going to try to make it a personal goal to get out and do SOMETHING every day for the rest of the week. Even if I am just taking the dog for a walk. I really need to get back into the routine of excercising. My work schedule has been garbage, so I never know what time I am going to get home. Since I work night shift, this means I never know what time I am going to get to bed, much less what time I am going to get up, and the cycle starts all over. I don't want to get up too early because then I might be working all night. On the othe rhand, if I sleep too late, then I may get out early adn be wakefull for the rest of the night. If the gym were open all night, I could go after work, but this is a relatively small town and the gyms close @ 9 or 10. Sorry aboput the *****in'... I hope y'all have a great day.:happy:
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Heeters, Sounds like everyone is doing so good and I am excited for all of you. Envy your weight loss Cindy. Way to go Julie on the six miles. Welcome Bogart and Noey. Waving to bebe, lucy, and hazel, and all that follow.
    Well we got all the tile up, now we are shaving off the glue and yuck stuck to the concrete with a grinder, man I never knew it could be so hard. No adhesive remover seems to touch what's been down on the floor for 30+ yrs.
    Hard as I am working with DH and sweating our butt off mind you, the #'s on the scale aren't changing a bit. Sort a discouraging but I'm eating right and keeping with the exercise, and I feel great although I am with Julie, I hate being FAT.
    Oh well I will stop whining and keep movin along.
    Everyone take care,
    Hazel. thanks for the well wishes,
    Love to all,
    Debbie:heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    :heart: Good morning Heeters, I hope you all are having a nice morning. I was up at 6 am this morning on time. :smile: I walked 2 miles in 29 minutes. I kinda walk /jog to get 14 minute miles. I plan on taking the kids to the pool today. We are getting up to 95 degrees today. :smile: Hazel, I have tomatoes planted in big pots on my deck. I think we'll have tomatoes in 2 or so weeks. The plants are huge now. I also have green peppers planted in pots. They are growing well too. I find in this heat it's nice to have them in pots so I can control their moisture level. I'm sorry you don't feel well. Did you up your fiber recently? I know when I started eating alot of fiber I had major tummy issues. Are you drinking your water? That might help. Julie, I'm so glad that bike ride didn't hurt you. I love bike riding. I need to find a place close to us where Avery and I can ride more than a couple miles. I made salsa chicken in the crockpot Sunday night and we still have alot of left so that will be my lunch. Dinner will be veggies and a lean cuisine pizza. I know, I know- that pizza is not that healthy. I eat one once a week and it satisfies my pizza cravings. I will be drinking way more than my fare share of water today. Bbogart, It's hard to find the time to exercise when you work full time. You must make the time though. It is so important to work that heart. Not only to lose weight but to keep it healthy. :heart: You can do it! I hope we all make it a great day! Drink that water-- eat those veggies-get moving- come on Heeters we can do it!!!!! ttfn-- :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Helloooooo????....HEETers???? The last post was HOURS ago...where is everyone??

I'm just doing a drive by on my way to other things. Let's HOP to it HEETers!! We can't keep motivated if we don't post!!

I did another bike ride today...just a little over a mile. Once I got started my legs started hurting and I didn't want to over do it and injure myself. Boss DW wanted me to go for a ride with him but I had already gone while he was away at a meeting. He called me SISSY!!!:mad: :mad: I'll do another ride tomorrow and start working my way up. He can call me any names he wants to. I can take it...

We have just about got the "Scale" out of the pool but it's gonna take at least until the end of the week. We had to add more Muratic Acid so still no swimming. That's cause for a few more :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tomorrow is my weigh in. I have absolutely no idea what to expect. Will all the junk I ate finally catch up to me? Will my bike rides help? Will they hurt me with added fluid gain because of muscle pain? I have no idea but I'll take what I get....the drama continues...until tomorrow...

I'm off for now...
    Julie
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    :heart: Hi guys, How is everyone? I'm super Jazzed right now! I started this healthy lifestyle journey in a size 28 -gasp-:embarassed: I put on and am wearing a size 24 now. Yippeeeee!!! I love this way of life! I love going down sizes!!! I love you guys!!!! I just got back from my 2 mile walk. I did 4 miles today and swam for an hour with the kids. I had a super great day!!! I hope you all did too! Julie, Your bike rides will be beneficial. Maybe not this week but don't worry they will. I love my bike. I want to get up to a 10 mile ride. I did 15 mile rides a few years ago. I so want to get back to that. Ok guys- I gotta run- Nighty-night- Cindy
  • bbogart
    Options
    Sorry guys...got stuck at work yesterday. I had to show up early to take an advancement test...boo!!! We'll see how it turns out, but I'm not holding my breathe. I hope everyone has a great day. Seeya.
  • hazelmichling
    Options
    WOO HOO! Julie and Cindy .... such great leaders of ours. Thanks for your postings as I just love reading them and trying to get myself back on track.

BBogart, you and I need to work on our life balance of scheduling ourselves. That is what i got out of my Bible study yesterday. I asked everyone to pray for me about it and then i found out I am not the only one facing this challenge of balancing my life. So, let's work on it with you working full time, night shift and family. I know you are younger than I am so ..... let us not be procrastinators and do it!!

Learned that i may be having some digestive problems with adding the multivitamins to my list of pills that I am taking and so it was recommended that I take Activia yogurt as it has that special ingredient to help fight my bacterias. Went to Walmart and bought me a large container of it and so that will be added to my daily diet from this morning.

Yes, I still have H2o challenges, but keeping that in mind, working on it. Thanks gals for being there for me and pushing me along. Not making the gym this week like I wanted to, but that will all be getting worked out as my life balances out and I make time for stuff instead of being on this computer so much.

And with that, I am waving a Good Morning to all and wishing you all a GREAT and FANTASTIC day towards your healthy eating and exercising. Keep it up, Cindy and Julie and we will all be joining in real soon. Right BBogart?

TTFN. :smile: Hazel
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Post and run for me. Got on the scale and I'm up 1 pound. Hey, after the terrible month I had in April if all I get is a pound, I'll accept it and move on. Like Cindy says, the bike rides will help as will my swimming when we get the poool straightened out. I need to remove a star from my fridge (one of my motivators) and adjust my ticker. That's ok though...I'll start bringing it back down again next week. :smile:

Make it a great day everyone!
    Julie
  • hazelmichling
    Options
    Julie, you were sorta expecting this since you had all that company. Your lb gain is not bad at all. You will be able to take it off and more with all your bike riding and swimming activities coming up. You are so inspirational with your focus and self motivations. Great going. Hooray for Julie! Love ya gal!
    TTFN. Hazel
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    :heart: Hi Heeters, How is everyone today? Julie, that 1 pound is not bad at all. It could even be water weight or something. Keep up the bike rides and get in that pool! You will lose that pound plus many more! Hazel, I'm glad your feeling better. I hope the yogurt helps. :smile: I walked 2 miles in 32 minutes with the kiddos this morning. Avery keeps up and loves the pace. I am going to do my 3 mile workout this afternoon. I have been struggling to get that watp workout in since I started watching Eddie. I just can't seem to drag myself out of bed at 5.45 to do it. I have to fit it in more often somehow though. When the 2 little ones wake from their naps I think we'll hit the pool. It's 95 degrees here again today. They changed tomorrow from 105 to 107 and Friday to 109 degrees. Jeez! :glasses: I am so glad we don't have humidity. Have a great everyone! Here's just a friendly reminder to- Drink that water, eat those veggies and move that body! ttfn- :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • bbogart
    Options
    Hey y'all!! I just ngot to work, so I figured I'd check in and say hey. I plan on getting an hour of cardio @ lunch time and tomorrow I am going to ride my bike in to work. It's a really good work out...11 mimles one way. The only thing that sucks is if I have to work late. Then I'm riding home at such a late time...oh well. Gotta find the motivatiojn somewhere. I think I convinced my wife to buy a bike. We are going to go look at new bikes tomorrow. We'll see what happens. She hates the idea of spending that much money on a bike, but I know she will appreciate it in the long run. I'll check back in after my work out.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Heeters, I just finished my 3 mile watp workout! I am so glad I did it!! I need to get back to doing it at least 3 days a week. I like to burn 800-900 calories a day through exercise. When I walk 4 miles outside I burn about 800 but if I walk 2 miles in the am and then do my 3 mile watp I burn 900 or so calories. I took the kids to the pool for a couple hours today. We had a blast! I need to go make my turkey taco salad. I hope everyone had a fabulous day! ttfn- :heart: Cindy :heart: