50+ WOMEN FOR THE MONTH OF MAY

Options

Replies

• FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL,

THE RAIN IS NEVER ENDING IN THE SUNSHINE STATE. THANK GOODNESS YESTERDAY WAS NOT AS BAD AS WEDNESDAY. I COULD NOT EVEN GET IN A WALK ON WEDNESDAY. I MISS THE WALKS.
    DID RICHARD SIMMONS DVD, HE CHEERED ME UP.

BARBIE, I'M SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE FEELING "SAFE" BUYING CLOTHES. THAT IS WONDERFUL. THE OUTFIT SOUNDS BEAUTIFUL, LOVE THE COLORS. YOU WILL LOOK GORGEOUS IN IT. :smile:

BECKY, PLANNING TO BUY A NEW WARDROBE IS GREAT MOTIVATION. :smile: I WOULD FIND A NICE OUTFIT IN A CATALOG AND HANG IT UP IN MY WALK IN CLOSET. I WOULD LOOK AT EACH MORNING AND IT HELPED ME FOCUS AS MUCH AS GETTING ON MY SCALE EVERY DAY DID. ONE OF MY FRIENDS WANTED SO BADLY TO FIT IN A RESTAURANT BOOTH COMFORTABLY. SHE PUT THAT ON HER MOTIVATIONAL LIST. IT'S SO IMPORTANT FOR US TO ALWAYS HAVE THE HOUSE STOCKED WITH OUR HEALTHY FOODS. IN THE PAST I WAS NOT UP TO THE JOB,BUT NOW I AM AHEAD ALL THE TIME. I MAKE SURE THERE IS ALWAYS A GOOD SUPPLY OF MY PERSONAL FOODS. I WARN EVERYONE, "NEVER EVER EAT THE LAST OF ANY OF MY FOODS" :explode: TAKE WHAT YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU TELL ME TO REPLACE IT.

MAY BE BACK LATER. WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY AND REMEMBER, IT'S NOT THE MINUTES SPENT AT THE TABLE THAT MAKES US FAT, IT'S THE SECONDS.:wink:

ANNE
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :glasses: good morning to all yes we have another day of sunshine i am sorry for the state with the rain still but the sun is coming i promise: will yesterday i di 8765 steps maybe a few more the little thing kept falling off. and one time i hit the reset button. it sure is making me want to move more i am walking in circles in the living room just to move and now see how much i was sitting.. so i say i have all my children and grandchildren and then all their friends but i was sitting more than moving i can see that now.. i always said i am busy so why do i look like a little rolly poly toy. i was not really moving ..

becky five at home at this moment. my children come back home also, during the summer i have tent city in my country home the children are always so busy and they come here like they are at a camp ground. we live near a lot of places. so its their getaway.

:smile: :smile: :smile: will hubby is almosts home from work i just seen three children off to school and now i need to wake up lisa she is iin third grade her bus comes 8:15 today stevie and i are going to go take shawn to the docters and than we are off to the playground it has a nice square i can walk while stevie plays everyone have a blessing of a day love debbie and family
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    Another gorgeous day in the northeast. Yeah!!!

Anne, you made me laugh with your line about seconds at the table. You are so right.:laugh:
    Barbie, great news abotu the clothes shopping Your outfit sounds adorable.

I managed to get a little walk in yesterday with a friend and only went over my calories by a little. I'm encouraged - the scale is going in the right direction. I'm still taking it slow with my back.

I keep hearing about the wii - I'll have to check that out now that my son is home with his wii system.

Have a great day everyone.
    Zaza
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Memorial Day weekend includes a family (there are only 5 children left at home:ohwell: ) bike ride up to the cemetery. After a rest, we head back home and then barbecue hamburgers and hot dogs. We live in the country in a town of 700 and 7 of us on the road riding bikes is no problem. We actually do it every chance we get.
    As for the barbecue, a hamburger between two large lettuce leaves is just as good as one on a bun! I've quit making desserts so my husband will provide the dessert and it is usually no problem to pass it up since I didn't take the time to make it. I usually count out 10 potato chips and make those last. The more time I spend planning ahead of a meal, the most likely I will be to eat what I planned and not go over.
    Hope you all have a healthy and safe weekend!!
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    good planning doobiedoo. I love to bike ride. sounds great. You can actually have the bun if you chose to. dont want to change what you are doing but what I do is this. I buy 90/10 ground meat. about 150 cal per burger. whole wheat buns; about 60 per bun and load it with tomatoes, spinach or lettuce. You can put onions, pickles any veggies you like. I dont have them often but when i want a burger it fits the bill. have a great day. enjoy your ride.
    vicki
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies

Yipee its Friday!!

Work has taken off this week. I have more work than is humanly possible for one person to do - Just the way I like it:happy:

Zaza - I truly loved Santorini. I was there as a part of a solo backpacking trip where I travelled for 3 months and hit about 10-12 countries. it was so long ago its a distant memory but I will never forget the beauty. Maybe someday I'll get to go back.

Another minor success in my up and down path - Yesterday after banking for work I was headed for a drive thru of some sort - any sort because I was ravenous!! All of a sudden there I was in the express line at the grocery store with an individual garden salad in my hand:laugh: Yeah me!!

My body is still sore, seemingly everywhere:grumble: so I walked for only 15 minutes yesterday. I have to continually remind myself of all the wisdom of this thread and the reality is; what I lose in determination, I am going to gain in pounds and that's definitely not what I want. I have to stay strong and continue to post and log and communicate with this inspirational group I am happy to be a part of.

Anne - My bil is coming along nicely. I love your quotes - Soo true!!

Becky - I also feel that way about the working thing as opposed to being home all day - I work 7-8 hrs a day in the off season but 9-10 hours from May til November so I'm pooped when I get home. However, the truth for me is that, if I were home all day I would have all those extra hours of struggling to stay out of the fridge!!! I almost always pack my own lunch now and am forced into eating healthy:laugh: Darn grass is always greener on the other side:laugh:

This weekend - if it doesn't snow:laugh: I will get my rock garden cleaned up and ready to plant my flowers in a couple of weeks. I'm also hoping to take a ton of old clothing to the shelter. I have so many clothes in so many sizes its really time I took the plunge and cleaned things up a bit. Gone will be all the 24's and 22's and brought back to the light will be the 18's and 16's. I'm going to do what so many of you have already done and stop wearing clothes that are too big. Somehow I've been viewing that as 'growing space':blushing:

Sorry I didn't mean to write a book!!

Have a good day.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Busy, busy, busy! :tongue:
    Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. We have had a whole week of GORGEOUS weather and I have been working out in my flowerbeds from can till can't. My favorite kind of exercise! :love: Last night hubby finally got started on building the raised beds out back for my vegetable garden. Today I'm FORCING myself to stay indoors and clean house.

I'm still showing slow but steady progress. I'm down 3 pounds for the month so far, and still whittling away fractions of an inch here and there. You ladies are always so inspirational! :flowerforyou:
    I have to continually remind myself of all the wisdom of this thread and the reality is; what I lose in determination, I am going to gain in pounds and that's definitely not what I want. I have to stay strong and continue to post and log and communicate with this inspirational group I am happy to be a part of.

It was fun reading all your weekend plans and how you'll stay on course. We'll spend our Memorial weekend working out at my inlaws. I'm a great go-fer. Hubby and his brothers and ripping out his Mom and Dad's only bathroom ~ updating it and making it more user friendly for aging parents.. My MiL calls me "the family decorator," so I had the privilege of picking out all the tile, fixtures and colors. No matter how hard I tried, all she would tell me is the kind of light fixture she wanted, and that the faucets should be single lever. Otherwise all I got was, "Whatever you think.. I could live in your house." Hope she likes the things I chose.... Monday evening we're all getting together for a Luau themed family meal. Hopefully by then the bathroom will be finished and hubby will focus on MY to do list.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Anne..I will borrow your saying if you don't mind.

:flowerforyou: Momor10...I have three that keep popping back. I am just a big softy. My husband, however, is tired of it. This is my second marriage and none of the children are his.

:flowerforyou: zaza... I also am taking it slow. Not that I want to but the pounds are slow to come off. When I was younger I had no problem dropping whatever weight I wanted.

:flowerforyou: doobiedoo, that is a wonderful idea to put a burger between lettuce leaves. I have just cut mine up and eaten them with a fork.

:flowerforyou: Yea, Vicki...You are getting closer to your goal.:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Benson...I am so sorry that you may still have snow.:cry: But a good thing about it is that walking in it burns the calories better then dry pavement.

I have planned a day of housecleaning. I want to get ready for the holiday weekend. I have a busy one planned. Or maybe I should say the kids do. They have a paper route to do Sat morning, then ballet class. After that they go to the school to work on an art club project. Their dad will meet me later in the afternoon and take them to his apartment. On Sun they will be at a picnic with their dad and then a graduation party for a friend of theirs in the afternoon. Hopefully, I will get to see them on Monday.
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :smile: good afternoon and how is everyone doing well i have done good with lunch tuna salad no bread and a apple i ,m posting so i don't add thoughs chips nope don't need them this is the real hard part. so i am going to get busy here so i don't keep eating
    wow someone is stll having snow.. i guess our 30/40 this past week was not that bad.. i truely love our four seasons but i look forward to the next seson always and we had a lot of snow this real so i am so ready for the warmer weather..
    ok everyone have a blessed afternoon love debbie and family
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    hi all

What a beautiful day here. I'm lovin the weather. I can't believe some still are having snow. Wow. I hope that changes soon. Well, got to get back to work soon.

Stay focused everyone.

:heart: Kathy
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    :
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Barb---I came to MFP to learn about exercise and eating right and I've learned a lot about technology that I never expected. thanks for the information about how to turn my photos into digital images.:big smile: :big smile: :big smile:

It's 51 degrees here and the wind is howling. What season is this???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Barbie

::flowerforyou: Barbie--

Glad I could help w/the pics.

After your description of the weather, I think you need to get out of "sunny California" if that is where you still are, and come back north. It is beautiful up here--just about 60 degrees @ 10:30a PT and set for a high in the mid - seventies later. The next 3 or 4 days are all supposed to be sunny and as high as mid - eighties. The last 7 day forecast I saw didn't have a drop of rain or even a cloud in it. Unfortunately, that means the high pressure around here is pushing the low pressure and the lousy weather to the south, where you are.:grumble:
    :flowerforyou: Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everybody:flowerforyou:
    I have a busy weekend planned, today it is get the walking in before it gets too warm, then take the doggies to the vet, and the shopping for the bar b que :drinker: :drinker: up at my friends east of here in the Columbia Gorge. Even though they are having the event, they live a long distance from shopping and Jenna has her hands full with a kennel full of doggies to take care of, so she loves to plan a menu w/me by phone and then reimburse me after I buy the stuff--besides, I am a lot closer to Costco than she is, and I don't know of a better place to buy steaks!!Yum:heart::heart:

I already did the really important shopping--picked up the tequila for the Margaritas yesterday. Ya know what they say about Margaritas?:drinker: "One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor!!"":drinker:
    :laugh: :laugh:

That is NOT my plan, but I have come up with a great way to have something that tastes pretty close to a Margarita on the rocks: Instead of using the mix, which has a ton of carbs and calories, and doesn't taste that great anyway, I use a reduced calorie lemonade. There is a brand available in this region called Cascade Ice, only 2 calories per serving, and has some fruit juice in it. It tastes best very cold,-- over lots of ice, a shot of tequila and mixed w/ the lemonade --not bad.:drinker:

I believe one could achieve similar results with the Minute Maid brand of reduce calorie lemonade, though I prefer the flavor of the other brand. While I think of it, I have seen a Minute Maid brand of reduced calorie Mango flavor that might be interesting w/tequila or even gin or vodka.

I don't want to sound like the party girl of the century. I am not a big drinker, especially now because of the empty calories, but I believe you can enjoy an alcoholic beverage without bankrupting your caloric bank if you plan for it.

I will save a discourse on wine and beer for another day, but I will mention one thing, if anyone is near a Trader Joe's, they have a FANTASTIC Chardonnay right now for a whole$3.99/bottle. It is called "Blue Fin." I am too lazy to get up and look at the bottle to see where it is made, but it is excellent, very smooth, no bite like some cheap Chardonnays.

On Sunday I am planning a hike with some friends who live in Portland, a place I moved from about 5 1/2 years ago. If I am still standing after that, I have to get up and work at 5 am:grumble: Even though I work for a bank, some bean counter decided that it would be a GREAT idea to call our customers on a holiday to remind them they need to pay their bills:noway: :laugh: Fortunately, I get my paid holiday plus time and a half for the hours I work, so it is not all bad.

One of my co workers forwarded a funny that anyone who does collection work can relate to:
    An attorney forwarded a statement to a client with a note: "This bill is one year old today."
    By return mail, he received the statement back with a note saying "Happy Birthday!!" :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: ANNE-- I loved your quote about seconds and minutes.

Have a good weekend,

Not sure if I will get back here til Sunday or Monday.

Barb
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Barb, I have had three tequilas :wink: You are right.:laugh:
    Have you tried Miller 64? Only 64 calories..real low for beer.
    Are you saying that you will be calling customers on Sunday about their bills? I wouldn't appreciate that at all. But, I imagine you hear alot while doing this.:happy:
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi everybody - i've been pretty busy this week working in my house - it's really starting to move along now which is very exciting! I haven't done great food wise - had to provide my people with lunch so i ended up eating 2 high calorie lunches in a row........i gained a pound over my b-day weekend and have only managed 2 lose 1 of them.:grumble:

Momof10 - you are doing SO great! I'm so impressed that you can do all this and still have that many kids at home. I can tell by your postings that you are feeling more positive and energized! And did you say you have 29 grandchildren?????? Did i get that right??????? I'm still hoping for ONE!:laugh:

Hey Kathy - how's it going?

Just about any kind of sandwhich works in between lettuce leaves! Since i don't eat meat i buy like tofu dogs and tofurkey - they're great in between lettuce leaves with a little dijonaise and some tomatoes!

Everybody have a great Memorial Day weekend - i'm going to try and make it to a Veteran's Breakfast the the Veterans Memorial in our local park. Since i have a son in the military the day has become even MORE meaningful to me.

Oh Susan - i'm jealous of your MIL right now! You want to come pick all the stuff for my house??????? It's just overwhelming! I do have a young design student who is helping and she has been such a Godsend! Really, i would have been more than happy to go away for 6 months and come home and have it all done!!!!!!!!:laugh: Probably why i've lived here for almost 22 years and not done a thing!

Talk to you all over the weekend!:bigsmile: elli
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Barb, I have had three tequilas :wink: You are right.:laugh:
    Have you tried Miller 64? Only 64 calories..real low for beer.
    Are you saying that you will be calling customers on Sunday about their bills? I wouldn't appreciate that at all. But, I imagine you hear alot while doing this.:happy:

I reread my post and it isn't clear, but I am talking about getting up on MONDAY at 5a to go to work. With regard to calling on Sunday. Yes, although I don't personally work on Sunday, our center is fully staffed on that day, and it is actually a better day for reaching people than Saturday.

When I am on my second Margarita on SATURDAY, working on Monday will only seem like a bad dream:laugh:

Also, Miller 64 I have not heard of, so I will watch for it. Michelob Ultra has a lime and lite beer combo that is excellent. IT is not as strong a flavor as the Bud Light with lime, which is a little too strong a lime flavor to suit me. I also like Mike's Hard Lemonade, Light Raspberry or maybe its Cranberry. I haven't had any lately so I don't recall.

Barb
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI ALL,

ZAZA, KEEP THOSE NUMBERS MOVING DOWNWARD. GOOD GIRL!:smile:

DOOBIE, ARE YOU ON A LOW CARB PLAN SINCE YOU ARE NOT HAVING THE BURGER ON A ROLL? I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL SALAD OR SOME GRILLED VEGGIES WITH THE BURGER.
    THE BIKE RIDING SOUNDS LIKE SUCH FUN AND IT IS A BIG PLUS FOR YOUR DIETING. :smile:

VICKI, YOUR BURGER SOUNDS SO GOOD AND LOW CALORIE TOO. WHAT TIME SHOULD I COME OVER? :laugh:

HEATHER, WHAT A VICTORY TO BE THAT HUNGRY AND GET A SALAD INSTEAD OF THOSE FAST FOOD NIGHTMARES. I HAD NOT BEEN TO MCDONALD'S FOR OVER 20 YEARS WHEN A THIN FRIEND WANTED TO GO THERE. I HAD A HEALTHY SALAD AND THEN A VANILLA CONE. THE CONE WAS ONLY 150 CALORIES AND REALLY TASTED GOOD. THE SALAD WAS OK TOO. GLAD YOUR BIL IS COMING ALONG OK. CONGRATS ON GETTING RID OF THE BIG SIZES IN YOUR CLOSET. LOTS OF PEOPLE WILL MAKE USE OF THOSE CLOTHES. YOU ON THE OTHER HAND WILL "NEVER" NEED THEM AGAIN. NICE GOING. :flowerforyou:

SUSAN, YOU AR DOING JUST FINE. NOT TO WORRY ABOUT HOW LONG IT TAKES. IT JUST DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL. KEEP ON DOING ALL THE THINGS THAT ARE MAKING YOU SUCCESSFUL AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, YOU WILL REACH YOUR GOAL.. WHAT A NICE COMPLIMENT FOR YOUR MIL TO TRUST YOU TO DECORATE FOR HER. :happy:

BECKY, SURE YOU CAN BORROW THAT SAYING, I DID.:laugh: WHY IS EVERYONE AVOIDING THOSE HAMBURGER BUNS? DO YOU GUYS REALLY ENJOY A HAMBURGER WITHOUT A BUN? I AM IN AWE OF YOU ALL. I THOUGHT WITH THE LOW CAL BUN ,80 CALORIES OR THE REGULAR BUN AT ONLY 100 CALORIES, THEY WERE NOT A BAD DEAL AT ALL? :ohwell:

MOM OF 10, YOU ARE DOING GREAT. GOOD THAT YOU DON'T EAT THOSE CHIPS. YOU SAID IT RIGHT, "NOPE DON'T NEED THEM" GOOD FOR YOU.:happy:

KATHY, MISS YOUR LONG, FUNNY AND INFORMATIVE POSTS. GLAD THE WEATHER IS GOOD.HAS BEEN RAINING EVERY DAY HERE IN FLORIDA.

BARB, LOVE YOUR JOKES AS USUAL AND YOUR PLAN FOR THOSE GOOD MARGARITAS WITH LOWER CALORIES. THAT'S WHAT THEY MEAN WHEN THEY SAY IT IS NOT ABOUT DEPRIVATION, IT IS ABOUT SUBSTITUTION. VICKI IS DOING THAT WITH HER BURGERS TOO. SHE FOUND A WAY TO HAVE IT AND STILL SAVE CALORIES. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I WISH EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY. HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND AS WE ALL REMEMBER THOSE WHO MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE FOR OUR COUNTRY. :heart:

ANNE
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Afternoon,:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Jake :heart: is doing the laundry and cleaning the bathroom so I have some time to check in with all of you.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Becky---planning to buy a new wardrobe is becoming my inspiration, too. Since I gave away all the “big” clothes, I have nothing but the “interim” jeans and a few shirts. I have a big event to go to in October and I want to be able to buy something special in a smaller size by then.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Anne----I guess we are all embracing your quote about how it’s not the minutes at the table that make us fat, it’s the seconds. I’m going to something tonight with a friend and she reminded me to bring something that I could eat so I wouldn’t be faced with sweets and wine and not know what to do. I’m bringing hummus and Kashi TLC crackers and I already have a modest serving logged on my food log so I know I have the calories for them.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Debbie----I take my dogs to the dog park and walk while they play. It’s just like you taking Stevie to the playground and walking while he plays. The first time I took the dogs to the dog park, a woman said that now that we can let our dogs off leash, they get all the exercise and the people get none. I didn’t like that idea so I started walking and don’t worry about all the people who stand around and talk. I have a pedometer, too, and I’m excited about how many steps I walk while the dogs play.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Vicki---keep up the good work:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Zaza---I’m glad you’re taking it easy with your back. That way it will heal faster and you will be back on track with no relapse.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Doobiedoo----you are so right about planning ahead. It really makes a difference. I like your idea about using lettuce instead of a bun. I’ve found that the longer I stay away from dessert, the easier it is to pass it up.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Heather----bravo for getting rid of your “big” clothes. It was the ladies on this thread who told me to get rid of mine and I am so grateful to them. I thought that it was frugal to hang on to the old stuff to walk the dogs or wear around the house and besides I thought I felt thinner in loose clothes. But when I took their advice and gave away the big stuff and bought something smaller, I could see the difference when I looked at myself in the mirror and I started to feel thinner which was very motivating to keep doing all the healthy things that had been working. I felt thinner long before anyone else noticed. Congrats to you for going and getting a salad and saying no to the drive through.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Susan----you are a great DIL----your family is lucky to have you. Your weekend sounds great. I think being useful is very energizing.

:flowerforyou: Kathy---good to hear from you when you’re busy. You sound cheerful and that’s great. Keep up the good work over the weekend.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Barb----you have no idea how much we want to come back to Washington and we will in just a few days. Yesterday Jake said, “how on earth did we live here so long?” I used to believe that “candy is dandy but liquor is quicker” :drinker: then I gave up drinking after having too many rounds with Jose Cuervo and put things like cheesecake and ice cream in place of the booze.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Elli---I am very excited that things are moving quickly at your house. It is going to be such a great day for you when you can get back in. I know what you mean about moving away until all the work is done. The last time we moved I said that if we ever moved again I was going to check into a hotel and not come home until everything was put away in the new house.

The dogs are asking for their supper which means that mine isn’t far behind. :bigsmile:
    Stay positive and active and make good food choices this weekend and be safe.

Big hugs, :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • vickim26
    Options
    Anne,
    You are welcome at my house anytime. For burgers or anything. We are expecting rain here in Louisiana this weekend also. I think maybe what you are getting now is coming here. Some tropical wave or something. Almost hurricane season again. UGH!! What part of FLA do you live in? If you dont mind telling. I love the way you address each person. I just cant get it together for that. We are attending my daughter's college graduation tomorrow. Then we will party. I plan to be good though. I have discovered I can have a great time at any event and still make good choices. Why has it taken me 50+ years to discover this. Oh well, better late than never. LOL Anyway, everyone have a great weekend.
    Vicki
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Anne...You are in Florida? I am planning on going there next week. God willing.

I went over my calories by about 50. Sigh....
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING MFPS,

VICKY, THANKS. :heart: I FEEL THE SAME AS YOU DO ABOUT THE HURRICANE SEASON. :mad: I LIVE IN SAINT CLOUD , FL. I AM RETIRED AND HAVE THE TIME TO ADDRESS EACH PERSON. ALSO, I HAVE MANAGED TO RETAIN MY FAST TYPING SKILLS AND THAT HELPS A LOT. GLAD YOU ARE PLANNING TO STAY ON TRACK.:happy: IT TOOK ME UNTIL 60 TO WAKE UP AND SEE THAT I CAN CONTROL MY WEIGHT. EVEN NOW THOUGH IT IS AN ONGOING PROCESS. A LIFE TIME HABIT IS NOT EASY TO BREAK, BUT IT CAN BE DONE. THAT IS WHY I LOVE TO GIVE ADVICE. I ALWAYS FEEL SOMEONE MAY SEE THEMSELVES IN SOMETHING I SAY AND BEGIN EATING HEALTHY. :drinker: WHY DOES YOUR PHOTO HAVE YOUR HEAD CHOPPED OFF UNTIL YOU GO TO YOUR PROFILE? CAN THAT BE FIXED? ENJOY THAT CELEBRATION. HAVE FUN. :happy:

BECKY, YES, I AM IN FL, SAINT CLOUD. IF YOU CLICK ON THE NAME OF THE PERSON, YOU CAN SEE THEIR AGE AND THE STATE THEY LIVE IN ON THEIR PROFILE. DON'T WORRY IF YOU GO OVER BY ONLY 50 CALORIES. I DID THAT LOTS OF TIMES AND STILL LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT. I NEVER WORRIED AS LONG AS IT WAS NOT OVER 100 CALORIES. YOU AIM FOR YOUR CALORIC AMOUNT BUT GIVE YOURSELF SOME LEEWAY. YOU ARE DOING GREAT. :happy:

BARBIE, GLAD EVERYONE LIKED THAT QUOTE. I AM SHOCKED THAT YOU WOULD NEED ANYONE TO REMIND YOU TO BRING SOMETHING HEALTHY. YOU ARE THE MOST DEDICATED DIETER I HAVE EVER KNOWN.:happy: I AM JUST SO SURE, YOU DID NOT NEED THAT REMINDER.

I WONDER IF OUR SUNSHINE STATE IS GOING TO ALLOW US TO ENJOY THE OUTSIDE THIS WEEKEND. YESTERDAY WE WERE CAUGHT IN SUCH A HEAVY DOWNPOUR YOU COULD NOT EVEN SEE OUT OF THE CAR WINDOW. LOTS OF WIND TOO. UNLIKE WEDNESDAY, IT DID NOT LAST A LONG TIME. WISH YOU ALL GOOD WEATHER, GOOD HEALTH AND LOTS OF HAPPY, FUN TIMES.:flowerforyou:

ANNE
  • vickim26
    Options
    I dont know why the pic has my head cut off. any ideas. I have tried to fix but keeps coming out that way. someone said the way I crop, but for some reason it takes forever to crop. The heavy pic of me is in November at disney. I have no idea what I weighed but looks like a lot. the new one is now. almost 30 pounds lighter. I will try to get it fixed. thanks for the great words and the info.
    vicki