5*9 to 5*11 women

Options

Replies

• mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
    You are so cute and stylish! Fabulous and inspiring progress. Congratulations :) Wishing you health and happy days!
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10ish and my goal is around 180, I think. I'm not really sure. I've got about 80 to lose. Feel free to add me, I could use support and I'm a pretty good support giver :)
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'11 and i am currently 147. i don't really have a good current picture of me (you can sort of see me in my profile picture), but this is me at my highest and lowest:

175 pounds:
    150323_4248453284126_99902195_n.jpg

137 pounds:
    579815_4248453484131_1902819670_n.jpg
  • jenna324
    Options
    Hello! 5' 9.5", SW: 200 (2010), CW: 185, GW: 165

I made it down to 172 several months ago but then had to up my steroids again so I ended up gaining some of it back : / P.S.- See that red dress? That's my wedding dress :) I think I look pretty good there!
  • mjzzyzoff
    Options
    Quite inspiring! I'm 5'9 1/2" and started at right around 200. About 10 years ago (pre-babies!) I was able to get down to 145ish but I'm not proud to say I did it in unhealthy ways. I looked fantastic though, and if I'm able to get there the *right* way I'd love to be that weight again, or perhaps 155-160ish is more realistic :) I have a pretty large build (wide shoulders, hips, etc.) so I've always struggled with that no matter how much I lose. But it's great to be tall and to be able to reach things! My husband is only 5'8" and often complains I put things up too high ;)

Thanks for all the inspiration everyone!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Posting for later. Once I get down closer to my goal I may add pictures.

SW: 247
    CW: 220
    GW: 165

After seeing all of the pictures I'm now thinking that I may raise my goal up a bit. I used to be 180 and I thought I looked chubby, but now I'm thinking it was mostly a lack of tone.
  • skyeliz525
    skyeliz525 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently at 258. Since being 5'9 I have been as low as 115 (don't EVER do that!) and as heavy as 272. I looked my best in the 170 - 180 range. I do have a large build though. I am one of those people that no one believes I weigh that much until I get on a scale and prove it. I am just really wanting to get under the 200 mark. If I can do that, I can do anything!

This is me too! Only I had gotten all the way up to 277, now I'm down to 250, but I felt most comfortable between 175-185. And NO ONE believes me when I tell them what i weigh/what size I wear...drives me nuts! I'm not lying that I went to the "fat girl store" to buy this. Go look it up online if you don't believe me - they don't carry smaller sizes!
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. I've been as high as 205 and as low as 150 as an adult. I think I'll be happy at 160 but really I'm going to wait and see as I get lower. I want to lose about twenty more pounds and then focus more on fitness. I do mostly cardio now but after a little more is lost I'll be adding strength training more heavily. I'm currently about 195 and my size 14 jeans are falling off. I throw them in the dryer everyday to shrink them. :smile: It's great to see all of these talks ladies looking good. My weight goals always feel so high when I compare myself lots of other women on here.

Most of what I'm shedding now is baby weight that I let go. I had twins in 2007 and dropped back to 165 then got prego again and haven't lost that baby weight, just completely let myself go. Blah!
  • rekhiebaby
    Options
    I'm a little under 5'10" and am currently ~175 lbs. My ultimate goal is 155 lbs because I have a large frame. I'm also pear shaped, so I expect my hips will always be a size larger than my upper body. I've been overweight my entire life and was probably about 190-200 pounds in high school and the first year of college (this made me a size 14, sometimes a 16 on bottom depending on the brand). I got to 164 in 2009, but I put back on about 12-15 pounds in the past 3 years by eating too much and not exercising consistently. My diet is quite healthy (mostly veggie based, no fried foods/junk/soda/etc), but I do have a weakness for sugar. I'm hoping to lose the weight gradually, but my HS reunion is coming up in November and I want to look fabulous!
  • bellybuster118
    bellybuster118 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i'm currently 170-175 and i'm 5'9....i am not wearing my weight well at all. however...i do feel like i have a smaller frame. i have tiny wrists, ankles, neck etc. i think my natural weight may be around 145-150. so that is my goal

cw: approx 170-175

sw: 180

hw: 200

lw: 145

gw: 150
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'11"....
    SW: 370
    CW: 244
    GW: Around 170....

I have a large frame (My wrists are 7.75 inches :noway: ) so I'm thinking 170 will look pretty good on me. I don't know if going lower would be healthy. My body would prolly get confused, go into shock (This is the lightest I've been in my adult life sadly) and take over my brain. All the oreos should watch out!

Seriously though....44 more pounds to be back into the 100s... I'm so excited. I haven't been under 200 since I was 11.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I thought i'd share my photos in case anyone is interested, there's not the hugest difference and these are the only decent photos I can find but it might be useful for anyone with the height/weight ratio...
    i'm 5'11 :)

2dme0dl.png
    At my lowest less than two years ago (between 100-110lbs) I had an eating disorder from 13.

34qmwbr.png
    This is by no means at my highest but I don't actually have any photos of that! This is probably from 155, I was 165 at some point earlier this year. I have a small frame and those numbers just didn't work for me. just feel/felt really uncomfortable and awkward in myself.

1taphk.png
    Me from yesterday, I haven't weighed myself since joining mfp as i've wanted to make it about how I feel before how I look, so I might not even have lost weight since the second photo haha. My 'goal' is 135-40lbs but it's more important to be happy and kick the devil on my shoulder telling me to eat loads or eat nothing!
  • marienaegele
    marienaegele Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    well i am 5'9'' too and on my profile picture im about 175lbs ;) if you just want an impression on what that looks like :)

btw: my goalweight is to be under 150 ;) right now i am at about 164 lbs
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    well i am 5'9'' too and on my profile picture im about 175lbs ;) if you just want an impression on what that looks like :)

Wow you look fantastic!
  • marienaegele
    marienaegele Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Wow you look fantastic!

thanks!
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Love, love, LOVE this thread. So very inspiring. I'm am looking for more friends my height so please feel free to add me. Thanks for starting this post.
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    What amazes me is the different sizes that these weights are! I look at the 170ish girls in a size 6 or 8, and they really LOOK like a 6 or 8......and look AWESOME. I am 5'10" and was a size 12 at 175, my lowest since my sports playing college days, and I certainly looked nothing like that! CRAZY. congrats to all you ladies -- whether you are just starting, maintaining, struggling or in the middle -- keep moving!
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Love this thread, bumping to keep!
  • Mommyjenlynn
    Mommyjenlynn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5"10. My heaviest was right before my son was born (230 lbs before delivery) 7 1/2 years ago. I started my fitness pal though in the middle of June 2012. I weighted 181 lbs when I started losing weight in June. Today is Oct 4th and I am down 24 lbs. My goal weight is 150 lbs. It is amazing to me how quickly 24 lbs has come off since June using my fitness pal (weighted in at 157 this morning)!! I am now wearing a size 12 jeans and I am wearing size large tops. When I started I was wearing 14/16 pants and XL shirts. I have had to buy some new clothes because everything is huge on me.

19032109.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and my current weight is 152. My highest was 213 and my goal was 155. Can't post pics right now, but feel free to look in my profile. The bikini pis was just a few weeks ago at 155. I need to tone up, for sure, but it's not too bad. I have a fairly small frame for someone my height. The pic in the white corset is from last week at 153 and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm getting there...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!