5*9 to 5*11 women

Options

Replies

• Kaiukas
    Kaiukas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow, great thread! Looking at the pictures and reading the stories really highlights how different we all are. Many girls look so much more slender than what one would predict from their weight. Goes to show that we have to find what is right and comfortable for us. Thank you for posting the gorgeous pictures of yourselves. You are all so beautiful!!!

I am 5'9'' and currently 141 lb. Ideally I would like to very slooowly get to 130-132 lb, but much more importantly I want to be toned, fit and healthy. I have a great discrepancy between my waist and hips: I have a size 4-6 waist and size 10 hips and though having hourglass figure should be a great thing (and it is!), it is very frustrating to try and find clothes that can accommodate my butt and at the same time fit nicely on my waist.

Keep up the good work all of you statuesque goddesses!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • SarahR777
    Options
    I'm 5ft 10" and was 224 in December 2011 I am now around 158.

I thank a Vegan Diet and jillian michaels for my results (will try to post some pics!!) haha!!

My end result is 150 but I am trying to concentrate on toning atm.
  • katseguin
    katseguin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think everyone carries weight differently. I'm 5'10" and started out at a frumpy 162 lbs (I didn't look half as good as the pics I'm seeing on here). I am currently 129 lbs and I'm far from skin and bones. I often am told how fit I look but I'm rarely told I am too thin. I went from a "muffin top" in a size 12/13 to a loose and comfy size 4/5:)
  • rmcannell
    rmcannell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with others, the number isn't as important as how it's distributed. I'm 5'10" (and a 1/2); my high was 180 and I was a size 14 pants and really didn't like how it looked on me. 180 on many of you looks fabulous!

I have absolutely no chest, and hold weight around my hips & abdomen, so weight that is nicely distributed on many women just gives me all the wrong curves. :)

Here is one of me around 167 or so. I don't have anywhere to upload it at the moment except here, so it's pretty small.

11445123_6164.jpg

And then now at 140, somewhere between a size 6 & 8 pants ... where I'm pretty happy but really need to strength train. I'd like to stay at 140 but lose a bit more of the fat and gain some muscle. Not so much for aesthetic purposes (OK, maybe a little), but also because I'm training for a marathon and and really fallen off the weight training wagon - and now my running is suffering. Weak core, weak back, and weak-ish legs make me tired and slow. :)

11445123_8084.jpg

11445123_5108.jpg
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently at 140.. looking to tone up and drop another 5 lbs of fat :)
  • mermaidme23
    mermaidme23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am *so* impressed with this thread. It's very helpful because I am 5'10 and busty, so it's helpful to see how women carry it differently. I've lost 25 pounds (190-->165) OH! but then I gained about 6 back after my wedding. Here I am at 165. My goal weight is 140 and toned.
  • mermaidme23
    mermaidme23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am *so* impressed with this thread. It's very helpful because I am 5'10 and busty, so it's helpful to see how women carry it differently. I've lost 25 pounds (190-->165) OH! but then I gained about 6 back after my wedding. Here I am at 165. My goal weight is 140 and toned.

Sorry, don't know how to add photos. My pics will show my weight.
  • babybs
    babybs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone looks great!

I'm 5'9. My current weight is 145 lbs (and IMO I don't think I look all skin and bones. You can see my current weight in my profile pic). My goal weight is 135 lbs. There are lots of us taller ladies that look AMAZING around my starting weight, which was 155 lbs, sadly I don't carry extra weight very well :(

Cbear I agree, I'm 5'8" and at my goal weight of 125, this is where I feel comfortable and look good (not scrawny at all). I think it may depend on your body type over all as to what goal weight compliments your body type.
  • mrsgigandet
    mrsgigandet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and a half, 350 lbs. at my highest as a teen and 193 currently :) I want to get down to about 170 and see how I look, and go from there. I want to be strong and fit, not super scrawny, and I don't think I'll be able to get much smaller than that. I've always been "heavy" because of a very muscular frame. When I was 5 years old I weighed 90 pounds and was still scrawny as could be, it was just the muscle mass :)
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    BUMP. Would love to see some results as well. I am 5'9 and gained a ton from having a baby. I started at 240, now at 225 and am wanting to be around 175, since thats the last time I could think of that I was happy. Would love to see some results from you ladies!
    i'm also 5'9" and started at 240 last week. i was thinking 180 b/c that's the last weight i can remember, though 160 would be great!
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    pfff 180 is my goal and I'm 5'9
  • Candysland2013
    Options
    Love love love this post!!!
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    What amazes me is the different sizes that these weights are! I look at the 170ish girls in a size 6 or 8, and they really LOOK like a 6 or 8......and look AWESOME. I am 5'10" and was a size 12 at 175, my lowest since my sports playing college days, and I certainly looked nothing like that! CRAZY. congrats to all you ladies -- whether you are just starting, maintaining, struggling or in the middle -- keep moving!

Isn't it funny how that works?

I am 5'9 and 169 pounds. I still wear a size 12 and have lots of chub on the tummy and back!

It's eye-opening to see women who weigh more than me but have amazing figures! Just goes to show that weight should not be the only measurement we go by!
  • kellsays
    kellsays Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    AAAAAhhhhhhhmazing!
  • Cattallie
    Options
    Bravo ladies and talk about some uber inspiration!

I'm 5'10 32 years SW 245 CW 228 GW 170 and in all honesty I'll be thrilled to be under 200. I cried when I hit under 230 bc it had been 8 years. I'm in this for the long haul. Not sure of my build, I want to say large but when your this fluffy everything seems large :)
    Size 20 pants (well not anymore but I've tightened the belt) XL men's shirt for the "girls". So Med/Lg build for now with hope.

Thank you gals so much for putting up pics and motivating us to strive on and make our goals happen. Definitally following this, and feel free to add or follow me as well. Will be posting pics shortly, this weekend perhaps. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • tigztag
    tigztag Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsRoberts
    Options
    Hello there, I'm 5'9 and I currently weigh 171 lbs. My goal is to go down to 160 lbs. :) Had a baby last year in September and I am now wanting to lose the last 11 lbs. I gained 60 lbs with my son.

All of you look beautiful!
  • timea_84
    timea_84 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 6', 170lbs looking to get down to 150lbs. Feel free to add me!!
  • ecsmithbrisbane
    ecsmithbrisbane Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and right now I weigh 217, started at 238, and my goal weight is around 160-165. I am very pear-shaped, have a lot junk in tha trunk...lol
  • MayraAle88
    MayraAle88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I thought i'd share my photos in case anyone is interested, there's not the hugest difference and these are the only decent photos I can find but it might be useful for anyone with the height/weight ratio...
    i'm 5'11 :)

2dme0dl.png
    At my lowest less than two years ago (between 100-110lbs) I had an eating disorder from 13.

34qmwbr.png
    This is by no means at my highest but I don't actually have any photos of that! This is probably from 155, I was 165 at some point earlier this year. I have a small frame and those numbers just didn't work for me. just feel/felt really uncomfortable and awkward in myself.

1taphk.png
    Me from yesterday, I haven't weighed myself since joining mfp as i've wanted to make it about how I feel before how I look, so I might not even have lost weight since the second photo haha. My 'goal' is 135-40lbs but it's more important to be happy and kick the devil on my shoulder telling me to eat loads or eat nothing!

I think you look absolutely fabulous in the second picture!!! I personally think that weight range looks best on you than the others. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!