OMG! I am SHOCKED!!!!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I've heard many justifications for why people don't want to introduce their kids to the Bible, but "there are stories of sin in it!" is a new one. Next, I'll hear that people choose not to go to church because of all the sinners who attend.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I've heard many justifications for why people don't want to introduce their kids to the Bible, but "there are stories of sin in it!" is a new one. Next, I'll hear that people choose not to go to church because of all the sinners who attend.
    I understand there are people who don't know how to read the bible, or how to decipher literal stories from hyperbole/poetry/parables, but I can't stand when people bash something they have no real understanding about. I also love when people say they don't go to church because it's full of a bunch of hypocrits. Again, they have no understanding of the reason for going to church or seeking reconciliation.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    I understand there are people who don't know how to read the bible, or how to decipher literal stories from hyperbole/poetry/parables, but I can't stand when people bash something they have no real understanding about. I also love when people say they don't go to church because it's full of a bunch of hypocrits. Again, they have no understanding of the reason for going to church or seeking reconciliation.

im a big fat sinning christian! but hey at least I admit it :)
  • macpatti
    Options
    Wait. Christians sin???? No!
  • boomboom011
    Options
    Wait. Christians sin???? No!

yes and we say bad words too. we even get tattoos.
  • macpatti
    Options
    What about drinking, smoking, and gambling? I thought Christians just walked around thumping bibles at people and making small children read the "horror" stories of the bible.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    What about drinking, smoking, and gambling? I thought Christians just walked around thumping bibles at people and making small children read the "horror" stories of the bible.

yes, we smoke, drink and gamble (lottery!).

real Christians dont do that. just the ones that are full of caca.
  • Phant4sy
    Phant4sy Posts: 83
    Options
    I am very open and don't shelter my child. I grew up watching horror movies and my grandpa and dad read Brother's Grimm stories to me a lot. If something disturbs my daughter enough not to pay attention that is on her. The way I see it, my kid has two eyes and two ears and she will learn eventually what this world has to offer. She WILL know what is real and what is fake. What is right and what is wrong. She will know the difference.
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God! Yes, everyone sins! The only perfect one was Christ! "Don't read the bible to your kids because it is icky" Is one of the most nonsensical statements I have ever seen on MFP! I have children from ages 4 to 7 and being a responsible adult I pick and choose what my children are exposed to from the bible, the TV, radio, or movies. That's what makes you a good parent!