Modest Women?

Options

Replies

• suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    but.. .but .. you're WEARING SLEEVELESS in your profile pic!
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    you should dress whatever way makes you feel comfortable regardless of what other people feel about it. if this is what you like.... do it! i dress conservative for my job, ,but when i go out with my hubby, i don't mind showing off the curves and the rack :happy: do want makes you happy!
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options

^^^^ This - it took 8 pages of comments for anyone to realize this!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I think I'm semi modest. I dress appropriately for my age and for a mother. I do wear pants, but I don't wear dresses or skirts above the knee (I believe I only have one dress that is just slightly above my knee). I do show cleavage SOMETIMES, but I don't purposely push the girls out on display in a way that is inappropriate. I like to dress my age and in a way that is flattering without showing the entire world what I have underneath. ;)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Modest, not PRUDISH.
    Some outfits just CAN'T be ignored, giving a guy no chance to tune it out! lol
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    as soon as I lost weight I finally was able to NOT be modest. I love my tight clothing, shorter skirts, I love pants and dresses some are loose and some are not, I don't do a lot of cleavage but I love bikinis....and this is all intentional.

when I was fat, all I could wear was big baggy clothes, so I could never go back to being like that.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    I like women to dress modestly and only be overly flirty with me (If I am dating them). Could be why I like cowgirls so much. They tend to be the kind of women who only have eyes for their man. Nothign wrong with dressing sexy but why give it all away instead of saving it for your man.
    You said it, Cowboy...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    why no pants?
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I wear t-shirts and blue jeans most of the time. I do wear mid-calf length skirts with boots - I love that look. I don't like to show cleavage, I know a lot of women do and that's their prerogative. I don't have a problem with it. I want to look well put together - classy and a little sexy, but not desperate. I must say, though, I do like my dresses to fit my body and not be loose, unless I'm just wearing them around the house.
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well, as for the pants thing - wouldn't a dress show off more than pants? Hehe but that's your own choice :) I like both - but certainly modest. I think that if more mothers practiced dressing modestly and taught their daughters to dress modestly, they would have more respect for themselves and find a guy who respects them more, too.
  • msacurrie
    Options

^^^^ This - it took 8 pages of comments for anyone to realize this!

Just because she is in a cute sleeveless dress does not mean she is being immodest.
  • msacurrie
    Options
    Although she did say she didn't wear sleeveless clothes haha - but maybe she makes an exception for warm weather or fancy events :)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I dress modestly for a few reasons, also not religious.

One is that I just think it looks tacky to be hanging out all over the place if you're not on the beach. I'm kind of...I guess "southern" in that sense. I'm amazed by some of the things people wear to work where I teach. Let's all cover the cellulite, high beams, and 5 o'clock shadow pits in the workplace, FFS!

I usually wear pants but not tight pants. I never wear shorts or short dresses. I'll do a maxi dress now and then.

I'm also very pale (and I mean VERY pale) and don't like my lily white arms and legs blinding innocent bystanders. It's a public service!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm modest. I keep the girls and the upper thighs covered! It's what makes me most comfortable.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    If by modest we're referring to Kate Middleton's style then I am all over that....but seriously on a much smaller budget. I show more boobage though - there is just no hiding these.
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Well, as for the pants thing - wouldn't a dress show off more than pants? Hehe but that's your own choice :) I like both - but certainly modest. I think that if more mothers practiced dressing modestly and taught their daughters to dress modestly, they would have more respect for themselves and find a guy who respects them more, too.
    Uh-huh, but she did say she didn't wear sleeveless stuff...
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If by modest you mean short skirts no undies and tight shirts then yes. I am super modest. In fact if being modest were an Olympic sport why I declare I would win gold every time.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Uh-huh, but she did say she didn't wear sleeveless stuff...
    I am just guessing, but I'll bet she meant strapless.
  • corgihugger
    Options
    I dress with the trends and fashion.... I don't wear "slutty" clothes or garments that are too skimpy or too small for my size. I dress appropriately, but I'm not modest to the extent that I would cover my shoulders or ankles.
  • kbailey374
    kbailey374 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm not THAT modest but I cover the stuff that is mine lol... it IS sort of for religious reasons, don't think God wants me to incite violence ;) (JOKING of course) Nothing wrong w/ it IMHO