how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I've been married for a little over 8 years now, but we've been together for 15. I'm very happy. Our relationship has changed over the years, but we're very close.
  • eightpock
    eightpock Posts: 61
    Options
    5 Wonderful Years.
  • MeStephy
    MeStephy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I met my Hubby 4 months before we were married. Our 16th Anniversary is coming up in May. It hasn't always been easy but it has been well worth it, and I have 6 beautiful children to prove it :happy:

16301906.png
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    In April I will be married for 12 years. Together for 13 though.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Together 6.
    Married 4.
    Been separated 6 months with a divorce being filed as soon as the financial issues are worked out (ASAP).

:drinker:
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    We were friends for a couple years, then fell in love and got married after about 6 more years and that was 3 years ago....so its been a total of 11 years. We are more in love with ever passing year.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    11yrs
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I've been with him for 3 years. Not long but I'm happy.
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Been together for just over four years, and getting married this September :-)
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Giga yeah baby... I was married 7 years. I was divorced in 2003. I've been happily single for the most part since.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Together 15, married 10.
  • goodmans90
    goodmans90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Almost 22 years in September!! Have never been happier!!:flowerforyou:
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    16 happy years, there have been ups and downs, highs and lows, but I can't imagine life with anyone else. We've both been on the downside of the lows but we always pull through. He's kind, not perfect, and works so very hard for our family. I thank God everyday for the imperfect man, that is so perfectly fit for me.

Exactly, what she said except we've been married 10 together 21 this May.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    In November it will be 39 years, he proposed before out first date:wink:

We have had every up and down known to happen in a marriage, sometimes it felt like more "trying times" that Happy times but we decided long ago that we would work out every situation and divorce wasn't an option. We always go back to what made us fall in love so long ago. Also when we have differences and/or problems:grumble: it's usually because one of us is being selfish and not caring about the other person.
    thats what i call awesome!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I was with my son's dad for almost 3 years. Worst 3 years of my life. He was manipulative, controlling, emotionally and verbally abusive, had a coke problem, and cheated on me non stop. Why I stayed for 3 years? It's a long story...we don't have time for that.

My boyfriend now though, I can't imagine life without him. We've been together for about 3 1/2 years but I've known him for about 13 years. We went to high school together, and actually went to college together for a year, were never good friends, but acquaintances, and ran into each other years later in a bar on a Saturday night. Exchanged #s, and after one date realized how insanely perfect we were for each other, and have been inseparable since. It hasn't been rainbows and butterflies 100% of the time, but he is definitely the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. He's gone above and beyond my expectations when it comes to my son, he treats him as if he was his own...I've got a keeper :)
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have been with my husband a lil over 6 years and been married a lil over 4 years
  • ghost6775
    ghost6775 Posts: 14
    Options
    Dated for 6 years married for 14 years
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    In May we will have been together for seven years and married for 3.5 years. Can't imagine ever getting divorced, but then, I don't believe anyone does in the beginning.
  • jenhowse1
    jenhowse1 Posts: 49
    Options
    MArried 9 years today :-)
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I was married for 8 years, had been with him for 10. Divorced for 2. Been with my boyfriend for a year and a half now.