how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Lived together for 9 years, married 2.5 of those even though I proposed year one :love:

That is what I call a longgggggggggggg engagement.
  • lmoore9107
    lmoore9107 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Dating Since October 9,2004
    Married Since September 1, 2007

As I always tell people we are definately not in the "honeymoon stage" anymore. We have been through ALOT and the D word has come up but we try to sit down and talk instead of holding it in (me) or getting angry and yelling (him)!!
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    we'll celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary this year!...and he's still my BEST friend! :D
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    2 years in a committed, loving relationship with my girl.

12 years just bangin'.

:laugh: How does that work?

Bangin'? Did you not have The Talk?
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Together 6, married almost 4
  • kgchisholm
    kgchisholm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    We've been married for almost a year and a half, but TOGETHER for nearly seven and a half.

Still as much in love as day one, honestly. Our life was made easier and better by our marriage. Plus, he is so supportive of me on my fitness journey!
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I have been with my husband for over 10 years (married for 6). So far so good. We have our ups/downs and our differences, but it's not like it's something we can't work through. Relationship is work and I am lucky to have found that one person I want to work with the rest of my life.
  • shortmom60
    Options
    Married 27 years, and still happy!!!
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Together for 11 years, married for 9 as of this past Valentine's day. Like the others, we've had good times and bad times, but he's my best friend.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Together for almost 5 years. Married for 2 1/2 years.
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    We will soon be married 15 years. Together for 19 years.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Been together almost 5 years.
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    I got married relatively young at age 20 and we have been married for almost 8 years now (together almost 10). It is still wonderful. Definitely not puppies and rainbows, and we definitely have HUGE ups and downs, but you have to work it out and WAIT it out. Whenever things get really bitter, they end up turning around a few weeks or months later. My husband just turned 30 and he has changed and grown so much, pretty much all for the better. Who knows, if you are patient and persevere when things are bad you may end up with a different person in a few years anyway. People do change.

For me the key is mindset. I went into this with the mindset that divorce is not an option, except for physical abuse or infidelity. Now no matter how furious and vicious things get between us at times, I never wish we weren't married, I only ever wish the situation or his behavior was different. I know it's very hard and everyone's circumstances are different, but I also think some people give up WAY to easily. I've seen so many people divorce for lesser things than we've been through. Why get married at all? If you are only going to stay together until things get unpleasant, how is that different from just dating?
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Married for 15 years in June :)
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been together for 10 years and married for 6 of that :)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Together 7 years. Not married. Incredibly happy and have no desire to get married.
  • rjbrowne
    rjbrowne Posts: 28
    Options
    We've been married for 12 years. We've definitely had our ups and downs. Marriage is definitely not easy, but when it comes down to it, I can't imagine my life without him.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Started dating in 2001 (at 17)
    Engaged at 19
    Married at 21....

Still together (April will be our 7 year wedding anniversary)

Two kids, two doggies, so many happy wonderful memories... def outweigh the bad. The "d word" has been brought up once.. but we are stronger now than we have ever been.
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Iam 40 yrs old i have been with my now husband 24 yrs married 12 and love him more each day he is my soul mate xxx
  • BecBe4
    BecBe4 Posts: 20
    Options
    My husband and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary next week and were together for 3 years before we got married. I'm sorry your marriage is ending, even when you look forward to the end it's not easy. My first marriage lasted for only a few months before I decided he wasn't the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I hope you find happiness! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou: