how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This year will be our 3rd anniversary. He's fantastic, funny, so freaking ridiculously type A that I sometimes want to strangle him and the best man for putting up with my neurosis! HA!
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Been together 5 years, married 2. Can't imagine my life without him. Feels as if we have always been together.
  • nwickart82
    nwickart82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Married for 4 this years, been together for 13. LOTS of ups and downs. We took a break for a while and realized it was no better alone. I love him to death, I may not show it like he wants; but I do.
  • _Iffer_
    _Iffer_ Posts: 13
    Options
    16 happy years, there have been ups and downs, highs and lows, but I can't imagine life with anyone else. We've both been on the downside of the lows but we always pull through. He's kind, not perfect, and works so very hard for our family. I thank God everyday for the imperfect man, that is so perfectly fit for me.

I feel the same! In April 2012 is our 10yrs. / 11yrs together. He has helped me accomplish so much. At times he's my best friend and worst enemy, but I couldn't imagine anybody else to be with. We are so opposite, but it works for us!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Together three years, then married for 17 so far :-)
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    8 years for me!
  • Teeteetare
    Options
    We have been married for 14 years. Together for 2 years before we got married.
  • jmariesb
    jmariesb Posts: 7
    Options
    Together for 16 years, will be married for 13 in June. He was my high school sweetheart, started dating him when I was 15. Hasn't been all easy, but he's the only one I could ever imagine being with :)
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    We celebrated our 20th anniversary in December. We knew each other for 24 days before we got married. We have been through almost anything you can imagine. We endure the ups and downs together always supporting one another. We are each others rock. Neither of us are perfect and some times I just want to smack him (as I'm sure he does me) but we always find a way to see the bright side. When first got married he promised me there would never be a dull moment, he has definately kept that promise. There has been sickness, health, better, worse, richer, poorer, good times, and bad. Together we walked through it all.

I have been married for 5 years this past Feb. 14th. Dated for only 6 months. :smile:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I will be celebrating our 9 year anniversary in July. I was 21 and he was 19 when we got married. We've definitely had our ups and downs. I honestly didn't fall inlove til we were 3 years into our marriage. So many life changes happened and I knew then that I couldn't be without him. Now 3 kids later..he is my best friend that I love to annoy. :-D
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've been with my fiance just under two years. We're getting married in October.
  • lschaivone
    Options
    I will be married this Sept 10th - 19yrs . Next year we are planning to renew our vows for our 20th Anniversary !!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    been together 11 years, 2 kids...not married...Ill probably die an old maid, never have been married
  • poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Next week it will be 39 years! Commitment is the key. You made a promise, keep it.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and we celebrate our 12th anniversary in June. We dated for approx 2 years before we got married but I've known him since I was a toddler. He was my older brother's best friend growing up. We have definitely had our ups and downs over the years and I credit our family values that we are still together. We delayed starting a family b/c I have chronic migraines but the neurologist said to go for it, so hopefully we'll get started on that soon.
  • davessweets
    Options
    We have known each other since we were in 2nd grade. But we have been together 14 years and married 12 this june/.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met in 1982, went out a few times and became friends. In 1984 discovered that there was something there, and started our relationship. Have been married for almost 23 years (since 1989). You definitely don't make it this long without some major hills and valleys along the way. As a matter of fact, if in 2006, someone had told me that I would still be married today, I probably would have told you to "put down the crack pipe"... (he was looking for apartments)...but... we are, and our marriage is better now than ever. It is hard to get through those times, but you have to try and remember why you fell in love with that person in the first place. Sometimes life and the daily challenges get in the way of acting in a loving way, but it is really important in order to reconnect and revitalize a relationship.

Good Luck!
  • MuffyTopps
    Options
    20 years married, 25 together. We met when I was 18 and he was 31.
    There are so many ups and downs in a long relationship, and things get very complex. At this point I've learned that it's worthwhile to work through the bad times, even though sometimes it seems hopeless. Our kids are worth the effort.

People ask how we have stayed together for so long, and we laugh and say "we are both tenacious as hell."

That said, there is a foundation of deep love and respect for each others' endeavors, even when we don't like each other much. If that weren't there, I don't think it would work.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I met my husband while out with a cousin eating lunch.. we knew each other a week, he asked me to marry him. I said, "OK", and we did. This June we'll be celebrating our 19th anniversary together, and we are still very much in love, holding hands, kissing, and telling each other that we love each other everytime we talk. I fall asleep in his arms every night.
  • KristieLynn007
    Options
    14 years married next month...
    Been together for 17 years