how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Been together for 10 years, married for a little over a year. I'm incredibly lucky to have found such a great partner and I try hard not to forget it.
  • nikkifk
    nikkifk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    we've been together for 17 years and married for 15 this August, it's had it's ups and downs like all relationships but we always seem to come out stronger together...
  • sunnykm
    sunnykm Posts: 24
    Options
    35 years , since May 10, 1978. Happily. few ups and down, things always work out!!!!
  • crissy170
    crissy170 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    together almost 30 .. married 24yrs in October. . met when i was 20 .,.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I 'met' my husband online when I was 15 and he was 17. We 'dated' and he flew up for my high school graduation in 2005, where we first met face to face. When I started college, we broke up for a year and a half, then started talking again. We got back together in January 2008, got engaged in April 2008, I moved to Louisiana to be with him in August of that year, and we got married in November 2009. So we've been married for a little over 2 years, and we've been together for what feels like forever, but I wouldn't change it for anything.
  • boyydz
    boyydz Posts: 5
    Options
    :love: We've been together for 30 years and married 26 1/2. :heart:
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    16 happy years, there have been ups and downs, highs and lows, but I can't imagine life with anyone else. We've both been on the downside of the lows but we always pull through. He's kind, not perfect, and works so very hard for our family. I thank God everyday for the imperfect man, that is so perfectly fit for me.

That is sweet! Noone every said relationships were easy. They do take work. Obviously there are certains things that can't be worked out like abuse.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    We've been together for 9 Years, WE live 15 Minutes from each other but every night he stays over. LOL
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Married for 16 years, together for 20 years. High School Sweethearts. We have 2 kiddos :)
  • Sunshiny2
    Sunshiny2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We've been together for 7 years, married for almost 6. :)
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Married for 9+, together for 12 total this month. Best decision I ever made. I love my life and myself, but enjoy him being a big a part of that. There were some struggles around years 6-7 when he was unemployed and getting depressed, and not every day is puppies and rainbows but do fully believe we will be together for the rest of our lives.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Married 9 years, known him for 17. Barring abuse or infidelity, I plan on sticking around:smile:

I do think people give up way too easy these days though. Marriage isn't all rays of sunshine blown up your bum, it takes commitment, work and loyalty. In fact, I found the first year of marriage was the toughest of all.:laugh:
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    I've been married for 11 (almost 12!) years... I love the man even though he drives me crazy, and he swears he still loves me enormusly even though I KNOW I've got my quirks too! I just tell him mental health professionals are on the list of people he can't see, because if they ever cure his "crazy" he'll realize what a bit*h I am... and he tells me I can't get glasses because then I'd see what he really looks like...

I know, I sound all flowery and sappy and romantic... what can I say, it's a good week. We've had issues. We've been through 4 states, 2 kids, his stint in a wheelchair from a broken back, medically forced retirement.... wow, that's just the first 4 years, too. But we're stuck with each other, and 95% of the time that's a good thing! =D
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    We will be married 6 years on April 8th. we have been together since Dec 2004. we are happy. I was married prior to a very abusive man for 10 yrs and my current husband has adopted my kids.
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    married nearly 11 years
    together 15 years
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I've been married since 9/30/2006, met my husband on-line 5 years before that. Moved half way across the country to be with him, and haven't looked back. Yes, there are trials and tribulations, but communication is the key!
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Married for 24 years this September. Dated for 2 1/2 years prior to getting married. So together total of 26 years. We married when I was 17 and he was 19. Not saying we haven't had our rough times but he is my best friend and I couldn't imagine being with anyone else.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Well this summer will be 13 years that we have been married, but I am 31 (almost 32) and we have been together since I was 15, so almost 17 years we have been together. I can not imagine life without him, I have been with him for over 1/2 my life!
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Married 16 years. Been together for 17 years. Can't imagine being with anyone else. We have been through ups and downs, 2 kids, 8 deployments(both of us were soldiers - retired now), 6 moves to include 2 overseas, and yet we are still here. Wouldn't change a thing!
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I've know my husband for 13 years, we dated for 4 years, broke up for 4 years, and now we've been married 3 months! It's wonderful :)