how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• waterhaunted
    waterhaunted Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Dated/lived together for 2 married 23 yrs will be 24 this yr.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Been in a serious relationship with my boyfriend for 6 months. He wants to talk about getting married someday but honestly it freaks me out. I'm a senior in college, and it seems like everyone is getting engaged, even when they haven't been going out for much longer than us.
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    almost 1 yr. been together almost 3
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    25 years this spring.... lots of work but so worth getting to know eachother. I wouldn't change a thing
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Known each other for almost 7 years, been together almost 5 years, been married 4 years as of May 10th of this year. I didn't expect to marry so soon after getting a divorce from my first wife, but, I'm thankful that I didn't have to wait that long!
  • rocmel
    rocmel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    11th anniversary coming up this year,
    Been together for 15 happy years

Marriage is not always easy...but I'll take it over dating! :)
  • LainieKnits
    LainieKnits Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    42 years. We dated only about 5 months before getting married, but when it's the right person, you know it.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It will be four years in June! We got married five weeks after my oldest was born. It has been rough, but no one has brought out the best in me like my boo thang. We have three girls now all under four, and our marriage gets stronger each year.
  • cancuninjune
    Options
    35 years this October. Wouldn't have wanted to miss a day in this journey!
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    !0 years. :) We've been a couple since we were 16. Totally stuck with each other. xD
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    been together for 10 years in october. been married for 9 years in october too!
  • tina_fay
    tina_fay Posts: 30
    Options
    23 years this year! And I'm only 42 years old...crazy! We met at the beach and got married 2 months later...even crazier! He's my best friend :)
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    we've been togeather for 9 years married for 8.
    We have had our bad moments and good.
    I'm dealing with a lot of issues post deployment so I know I'm a pain to deal with lately
    He still sticks by me :)
  • jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    Been married a little over 7 years, been together almost 11. I know how you feel, I have felt that way before. The 30 Day Love Dare fixed that for me. It was so good I got the 365 Day Love Dare. They are books, and they are awesome for relationships. The movie Fireproof is actually based on The Love Dare. Will say a prayer for you and I hope all works out!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    together for almost 14. married for 12. living the dream and loving every minute.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Married going on 3, but we have known each other for 12 years. We started off as best friends with crushes on each other. Just took a while for both of us to act on those feelings. ;-)
  • shawaad
    shawaad Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Married for 31 soon to be 32 blessed years!
  • katsmit2
    katsmit2 Posts: 54
    Options
    12 years...3 kids...he's a keeper!
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bump.....or rather bumpy marriage.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    We've been together 35 years, married for 32. It was a second marriage for both of us, he with children, me with none from our first marriages. We have a daughter who will be 28 years old in April. She was brain injured at birth, and we didn't ask 'why' for long, but why not? She is our blessing and our joy. We have gone through a lot and that sickness and health vow has gotten a real workout! I'm not saying we never argue, but we have never raised our voices to each other. We have communication and respect one another. We listen to one another. Our love has grown over the years, and sometimes it still feels like we're on our honeymoon! He is my best friend, my confidant, my comfort and my strength.