how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• Tanyawhite30
    Options
    how long have you been married or in a committed relationship?

For the first 8 years of my marriage, I would have been full of words dripping in puppydogs and rainbows about marriage. But now, 11 years into the marriage, i literally seethe in anger just having to talk to the man. (yeah, the big ~divorce~ is coming soon).

I'm totally not implying that "give it time, it won't work". It simply didn't work for me. I'm just interested in seeing how long you've all been together.

Pretty much in the same boat has you
  • florange323
    florange323 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    16 happy years, there have been ups and downs, highs and lows, but I can't imagine life with anyone else. We've both been on the downside of the lows but we always pull through. He's kind, not perfect, and works so very hard for our family. I thank God everyday for the imperfect man, that is so perfectly fit for me.

Only 4 years but I feel the same way.
  • CAROLiNEB68
    Options
    I've been w/my BF for a little over 10 Years now. Just like most couples, we have our ups & downs; but somehow/someway we always get through things together & a lot of situations have even made us closer than before. He's my best friend & sometimes worst enemy (hahaa!) but I can't imagine how my life would be without him.

I hope everything works out for you <3
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    how long have you been married or in a committed relationship?

For the first 8 years of my marriage, I would have been full of words dripping in puppydogs and rainbows about marriage. But now, 11 years into the marriage, i literally seethe in anger just having to talk to the man. (yeah, the big ~divorce~ is coming soon).

I'm totally not implying that "give it time, it won't work". It simply didn't work for me. I'm just interested in seeing how long you've all been together.

My wife and I have been together for 23 years, married for 21 years, 4 Kids aged 21, 12, 11, and 6. Marriage isn't easy and it takes a lot of work. Patience, sacrifice, teamwork, trust, respect, prayer, communication, compromise, great sex, and faith is essential in my opinion. I learned a few things over the years that has served me well as a husband.

1. Treat your spouse how YOU want to be treated.

2. Never say no to sex

3. Talk and Communicate even when you don't want to

4. NEVER go to bed angry

5. Apologize and ask for forgiveness as well as accept apologies and be willing to forgive

6. Go out on dates whenever possible

7. Make time for sex even if you have to schedule it

8. Learn about your spouse's hobbies

9. Fulfill your spouse's sexual desires

10. Pray for your spouse and your marriage

I'm not going to say we haven't had our problems but I can truthfully say after knowing her 23 years I don't just LOVE HER. I'm IN LOVE with her.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and 5 months now.
  • gdkids6
    gdkids6 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been married for 38 years.
  • 2012Mich
    2012Mich Posts: 93
    Options
    Known him for: 12 years
    Dated for an additional 7 years
    Married for: 9 years

You'll find that special someone.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    off and on for 12 years...been back on for about a year and it feels like we finally figured it out...lol.
  • mechelle1bryan
    Options
    11 yrs and 10 mths, been together for 14 years. It has not been easy, alot of bumps on the roads, pot holes, detours, but I wouldn't have wanted to make the trip with any one else. People give up to easy, i its not a toxic relationship meaning abuse or drugs , its worth taking a look at to save it. Lifes never going to be perfect, no matter who your with. If your already having trouble, bringing someone else into it , never works. The grass is almost never greener! It makes the troubles with the persom amplfy, then you just may loose something , that leter you wished you had not. I personally think that the whole sit down and list the pros and cons is a good start! And remember there was a reason you like this person to start with, so it can't be all bad, maybe just need to find it again!
  • 1Nifty50
    1Nifty50 Posts: 21
    Options
    16 yrs in sept
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    22 years and counting!
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    On May 18th this year when we get married in Hawaii we will have been together for exactly 4 years! :D
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Not married but in a relationship for 10 years :-)
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    We met though a friend online talked around 8 months online/phone
    We then met up after he drove 14hrs from the midwest USA to Canada (where I was) and asked me to marry him
    It was 3 days before Valentines day, we decided to run off & get married on the 14th
    We been married 7yrs of Valentines day 2012 & knew one another for 8 months before we tied the knot
    Still going strong & been though a lot :flowerforyou:
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    6 Miserable and somewhat happy years. starting to think it may not be worth it tho...JUST NOW RIGHT I KNOW.. bleh
    Its hard when you commit so well and all you ask for is: NO LYING, NO CHEATING, HONESTY AND LOVE
    AND you get back: cheating, lots of lying but the love is there now. so, but I feel like since I started this year. bettering myself from how I use to be. and Im training for races and whatnot hes not in it with me. IM IN A MOMENTUM and I might be ready to kick him to the curb now...cuz my life is becomming awesome finally and im happier with ME.
  • nataliefallbach
    Options
    6 MONTHS MARRIED, TWO YEARS TOGETHER. I LOVE ALL THE POSTS ABOUT MARRIAGES THAT ARE STILL STRONG EVEN THROUGH THE ROUGH PATCHES. I REALLY BELIEVE I HAVE FOUND MY SOULMATE, HOWEVER AFTER SAYING THAT, LIFE IS TO SHORT TO BE UNHAPPY
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    together for 15, married for 14 in October...engaged after just 3 months together. it's not always easy, and neither of us are perfect, but we are perfect for each other...:blushing: He's my heart and I'd be lost without him.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Married a year and a half. Still sparkles and unicorns.
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    We have been together 26 years, Married for 23 years
    We are like the 2 half's of a zip. useless on there own but perfect together.
    could never imagine it any other way.
  • ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    been together for 5.5 years, married for almost a year and I couldn't imagine life without him, so I guess its still sparkles and unicorns for me.