how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Almost half of my life...15 yrs :) Although we are unmarried but I call him my husband!
  • Nansweetnan
    Nansweetnan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think I win the longest prize here....drum roll please...28 years! :love: :heart: :blushing:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    We've been together for a little over 14 years and have been married for a little over 3. There have definitely been some ups and downs and times where we thought we might not be able to survive arguments but we've managed to make it work and are very happy with each other.

You know, I never really understood the marrying your best friend thing that so many people elude to for a long time but, especially since we've gotten married, it makes a ton of sense to me. He's the one I want to share everything with and he's the one I want to spend a lot of time with. He's my entire world and I can't imagine not having him in my life. I know, that's super sappy, but it's true! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    We've known each other since 6th grade so we were 11 (20 years)
    Dated for 6 years
    Married for almost 8 months.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    how long have you been married or in a committed relationship?

For the first 8 years of my marriage, I would have been full of words dripping in puppydogs and rainbows about marriage. But now, 11 years into the marriage, i literally seethe in anger just having to talk to the man. (yeah, the big ~divorce~ is coming soon).

I'm totally not implying that "give it time, it won't work". It simply didn't work for me. I'm just interested in seeing how long you've all been together.

I am sorry it is not working for you.

I have been married for 23 yrs. Each year that goes by I love him more and more. His kisses still make me weak in the knees. I can confide in him no matter how stupid I sound. He is my best friend.

We've gone through good times and bad times but perservered through it all.
  • szyja
    szyja Posts: 42
    Options
    This is my second marriage...first lasted 12 years too long...this second one though...feels like we just met yesterday! We have been together 15 years this April, married 11 years this September. I love him more every single day. Just when I think I can't love him any more, he does something wonderful and sweet and cements why I can't live without him. Yes, a marriage is work, but it is easier if you remember to put your spouse first...BEFORE you! He does this for me and I do this for him! We are a Mutual Admiration Society! :blushing: I cannot live without him. :love:
  • Nansweetnan
    Nansweetnan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    congrats! that is terrific, I thought 28 years was a long time!
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Been together 13 years, married for 10.5. we have our ups and downs but are always there for each other. I can't imagine having anyone else. We have 5 kids and make a great team.
  • sweets2001
    sweets2001 Posts: 106
    Options
    Been together almost 13 yrs and married almost 11. We've had our fair share of ups and downs but he's truly my best friend and accepts me for me with all my crazy quirks!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    my ex-husband and I wear together 7 years including the time we dated. My ex-boyfriend and I were together 5 years. One of my friends referred to me as a serial monogamist lol. Basically before last year I spent my entire adult life in one long term relationship or another .
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    VERY HAPPILY divorced...only married just under 5 years...with 3 kids...but I'm so glad it's over....
  • Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options
    not married but i call her my wife and vise versa,... 6 years so far. who gets married?? lol its a lot funner to me this way. its like dating every day. marriage complicates things. its that written on paper feeling that makes u want to cut ur spouse up in little pieces and eat them in ur soup.

im happier this way. i think she is too although the marriage topic does come up sometimes.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Married for going on 11 years, together for almost 14. Ups. downs, lows highs...I have hated him and adored him as I am sure he has me. At this point we are incrediably strong together and happy!! I couldn't imagine life with out him :love: :heart: :blushing:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    2 years in a committed, loving relationship with my girl.

12 years just bangin'.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 6 1/2 years. There have been some struggles, but I still feel like an idiot in love :)
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Dated for 1 year, married for almost 21 ~ best thing that ever happened to me!:love::love: :love:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    2 years in a committed, loving relationship with my girl.

12 years just bangin'.

:laugh: How does that work?
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 2 years and 4 months. Newbie but loving every minute of it. My hubby is my best friend. :love:
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Not married, but engaged.

Engaged for: 8 months.
    Been together total for: 2 years & 2months

(: <3
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've been married 14 years...together for 20. We met in college and have been together since we started dating a year after we met.

I'm one of the lucky ones...and love my husband as much now - maybe even more - as I did then.