Boob job!

Options

Replies

• Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Those who have had a "lift" .. what is the cost of that?
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Do what makes YOU happy. Breast cancer runs in my family so my plan is prophylactic removal and reconstruction using muscle from my stomach so it is a great combo - flat tummy and new rack. Don't listen to the haters - you have worked hard and want the best result that YOU can achieve. You deserve to have a look that you like.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm all for a TUMMY TUCK and give the gals a little lift!

shoot.. A bra and spanx can only do so much!!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    i'm going to have to have a tummy tuck i have loose skin on my tummy it looks like a raisin when i lose all my weight. I will never have a six pack no matter how hard i work and it's very discouraging because i would be in a size four when i am at m thinnest except for that so i feel ya. I say do what feels good for you.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    9 out of 10 males support breast enhancement. the other 10% are compulsive liars.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. You shouldn't want to look like you did in highschool, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badges of honor (in my opinion).

I mean good for you if you want to do something that rewards yourself for accomplishing your goal, but I have a heard time thinking that undergoing expensive SURGERY to look how society (i know, i know, you tell yourself it is "for you") wants you to look.

Sorry to be harsh.

I was waiting for a post like this.

Society wants us to be ALOT of things, not just big busted. I say if it makes you feel good about yourself, then go for it! I plan to after I finish my first half marathon. Society also wants us to be thin..and here you are on a weight loss site...
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    go boobies :)
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm all for the surgery buy DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON SURGEONS!!!! Can't say that enough times. Learned that lesson the hard way. Sigh.....
  • cherylastone1
    cherylastone1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So excited to see this post. I lost weight years ago (78 lbs) and was about 22 short of reaching my goal and my reward was going to be implants. Long story shorty, gained almost all of it back, never got the implants. Now, I'm determined. I've been a small B (very small B) all my life. I'm 54 - I am hoping by age 55 (for my birthday), I can get them. Is that too old? I want them for ME - no one else. Hubby could care less. Are implants for younger women, or would anyone older get them? It's the one thing I've always wanted.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I plan on having a boob job as well before I hit 35. I have 4 more years.
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting mine once the baby factory closes then its Mommy Makeover for me! You deserve it! :)
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Would love to do a lift myself! I've breastfed 4 children for at least 12 months each and with the weight loss they don't look too perky any more. lol.

jannspizziri: Why do you think in our society breastfeeding is taboo? I breastfed all 4 of my children (ages 23, 15, 11 and 5). And 8 out of 10 of the women in my community at least try to breastfeed and most make it at least to 3 months.

I don't think someone wanting to look good for themselves is giving in to society. I don't want perkier boobs because society makes me want them. I want them because I remember what mine looked like when they were perkier, and hello they looked nicer.
  • get_fit_Milena
    get_fit_Milena Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey you might as well be open to "not" getting one as well. Maybe once you lose your weight, you won't care to get one. What horrible complications my friend went through, and this was with a well known good doctor. You could ask yourself what it will feel to be a surgically enhanced woman? What messages does that send to your kiddies? I know its a very personal thing, but like someone earlier said, society / magazines/ etc. set up unrealistic expectations for women and our bodies. I want to chop off all my tummy fat and skin in one swoop, believe me! However, I am trying to lose weight, be healthy and love myself despite my imperfections.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    So excited to see this post. I lost weight years ago (78 lbs) and was about 22 short of reaching my goal and my reward was going to be implants. Long story shorty, gained almost all of it back, never got the implants. Now, I'm determined. I've been a small B (very small B) all my life. I'm 54 - I am hoping by age 55 (for my birthday), I can get them. Is that too old? I want them for ME - no one else. Hubby could care less. Are implants for younger women, or would anyone older get them? It's the one thing I've always wanted.

Implants are not just for younger women! If it will make you feel happy go for it! As long as you are over 18 there are no age restrictions.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I would love to get a boob job too. But that'll have to wait a little while. I've always been smaller up top so I would get a small size as well probably a small C.
  • Mera_Mera
    Mera_Mera Posts: 153
    Options
    I had a breast reduction three years ago. It's by far one of the best desicions I've made for my body. It's a grueling process afterwards, seeing how your body has changed, but it's all worth it. I went from large D cup, to a small size B cup. I wish you the best of luck!
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am totally not opposed to a boob job (not a ridiculous one) when I'm done making babies if my boobs change a lot. They look the same after my first baby, but who knows what will happen when the next one comes along!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    a hot and expensive bikini from victoria's secret and a trip to somewhere tropical so i can innaugurate it :)

edit: oooops. i got carried away. i thought we were talking about weight loss rewards. i don't need a boob job. sorry to hijack :(
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

I saw a show maybe a week or two ago where a woman who was I think 60 or 70-something got breast implants. She wanted a more youthful appearance b/c of her profession and felt that having perky happy breasts would help. :-) She was extremely happy with the results, ended up getting a couple of other procedures as well, said it's not for everyone but it was right for her.

Personally I say if you're healthy enough for the surgery and find a dr that feels they can give you a good outcome, if it's important to you go for it. Just don't go too big so you don't end up feeling disproportioned.
  • SpunkyTracyLynn
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. In my opinion, you shouldn't want to look like you did in highschool, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badge of honor, your battle scars. :)

I mean good for you if you want to do something that rewards yourself for accomplishing your (amazing!!) goal, but I have a hard time thinking that undergoing expensive SURGERY to look how society (I know, I know, you tell yourself it is "for you") wants you to look.

Sorry, but this type of attitude it completely false! Women who get BA and TT do not necessarily do it because they are buying into societis expectations. Women want to regain what they lost through breastfeeding, weightloss etc..WE want what we had and to feel womanly. Badge of honor...thats is amazingly stupid. If a woman can enhance herself after she has had babies, like she was before....why not!
    Sorry to be harsh.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!