Boob job!

Options

Replies

• crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I want a BA and TT. Just have to get the money.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I've been going back and forth on this. On one hand, I don't want to have unnecessary surgery. On the other hand, I want my boobs to be fuller. My boobs are like deflated balloons because they went up to 34DD when I was pregnant/breastfeeding from 34B. Now they are a small 34B, not full like it was before. I mean they are ok, but they can look better. And then I think about the recovery, the possibility of complications... it scares me. DH is supportive of whatever I choose to do. I am still going back and forth. Right now, I am more toward to no, because of cost and being a chicken.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I've been going back and forth on this. On one hand, I don't want to have unnecessary surgery. On the other hand, I want my boobs to be fuller. My boobs are like deflated balloons because they went up to 34DD when I was pregnant/breastfeeding from 34B. Now they are a small 34B, not full like it was before. I mean they are ok, but they can look better. And then I think about the recovery, the possibility of complications... it scares me. DH is supportive of whatever I choose to do. I am still going back and forth. Right now, I am more toward to no, because of cost and being a chicken.

I'm with you on surgery/complications.
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    I have wanted this since I was 18 years old. I had my first child at 17. I still want it so bad. I have never been able to afford it but am thinking that financing is the way to go. Screw it. I have never gotten undressed in front of anyone with the lights on in my life. Being a teen mom and breastfeeding, I never had perky breasts. :( I have been walking around with a plastic surgeon's card in my wallet for about 4 years now. I am thinking mommy make over now. I never heard of that before.
  • healthymel7704
    Options
    I can't wait to get it done. I am not doing it for anyone, but me. Chidbirth and weight fluctuations do a number on a woman's body and I will be proud of the day when I am confident standing naked in front of a mirror.

Heck, I'll probably only put clothes on when I have to leave the house. :)

So, I say, "Go for it."
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I dont like fake boobs. It's weird when u feel that silicon under neath the skin! Big turn off
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I've thought about it a little and after reading some of the other (a bit hateful) posters, I have decided that it is ok for you to want to go back to where you were before kids because honestly, in an ideal world your body would "bounce back" from pregnancy, weight gain/loss, breastfeeding.

It's the moral (and societal) issues I have when women get big beach ball boobs, even before they have kids (like that idiot famous person who got them and then was upset because she couldn't breast feed afterwards, it's like, Duh! You mess around in there with foreign objects enough and they aren't going to work properly!!) so that they are "attractive." There is nothing wrong with having little pert boobs. And I realize now that is not what you are adressing.

So I take back what I said about conforming to society, it's ok for you to want to go back to where you want to be, as long as you aren't wanting to "fix" yourself into something totally new. It was a bit naive of me to not understand where you are coming from, escpecially since I haven't had kids. And I know you don't need approval from me, I am just apologizing mostly. :)

But be careful about which Dr. you go to to get it done. Make sure you get lots of word of mouth advice from satisfied customers. And make sure the doctor understands where you are coming from and listens to you.

Anyhow, GOOD JOB working towards your weight loss goal (and being financially responsible enough to save for the big purchase). I DO actually support you :D
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

It's the moral (and societal) issues I have when women get big beach ball boobs, even before they have kids (like that idiot famous person who got them and then was upset because she couldn't breast feed afterwards, it's like, Duh! You mess around in there with foreign objects enough and they aren't going to work properly!!) so that they are "attractive." There is nothing wrong with having little pert boobs. And I realize now that is not what you are adressing.

So I take back what I said about conforming to society, it's ok for you to want to go back to where you want to be, as long as you aren't wanting to "fix" yourself into something totally new. It was a bit naive of me to not understand where you are coming from, escpecially since I haven't had kids. And I know you don't need approval from me, I am just apologizing mostly. :)

Moral issues? LOL. Getting aesthetics confused with morals... isn't that difficult to do? Wow.
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    I've thought about it a little and after reading some of the other (a bit hateful) posters, I have decided that it is ok for you to want to go back to where you were before kids because honestly, in an ideal world your body would "bounce back" from pregnancy, weight gain/loss, breastfeeding.

But be careful about which Dr. you go to to get it done. Make sure you get lots of word of mouth advice from satisfied customers. And make sure the doctor understands where you are coming from and listens to you.

Anyhow, GOOD JOB working towards your weight loss goal (and being financially responsible enough to save for the big purchase). I DO actually support you :D

=D. Yes, I never thought about boob jobs until after I finished breastfeeding. If I ever get them done, I just want them to be fill out. I wouldn't go more than a C. I didn't like them when they are D and DD. It's hard to find clothes to fit them at that size, they are heavy, and it gets all sweaty between them.

ETA: I don't think there's anything wrong with ladies who want them before kids. If they are not happy with their bodies and the boob jobs make them feel better, who's to say it's wrong. Everyone has their idea of the ideal body.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options

Moral issues? LOL. Getting aesthetics confused with morals... isn't that difficult to do? Wow.

Yes, I consider changing your body (as in, what God gave you) drastically is a moral issue. Getting a boob job is not necessarily just aesthetics. It is a big, invasive deal, it's not like dyeing your hair. I personally beleive that you should rock and be proud of what you were given, and not try "fix" it unless there is something wrong (ie: getting reduction surgery because your back is being damaged etc). In the original poster's case, like I outlined, she really isn't trying to "fix" HERSELF, she is trying to "fix" CHANGES to her body brought on by challenging events taking a toll. That is why I consider it a more aesthetic issue (more like upkeep) than a moral issue, and why I consider getting beach ball breast implants because you aren't happy with your cute pert ones (as in, CHANGING your body drastically) a moral issue.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. In my opinion, you shouldn't want to look like you did in highschool, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badge of honor, your battle scars. :)

I mean good for you if you want to do something that rewards yourself for accomplishing your (amazing!!) goal, but I have a hard time thinking that undergoing expensive SURGERY to look how society (I know, I know, you tell yourself it is "for you") wants you to look.

Sorry to be harsh.

You know, in theory I agree with this...but if you had been in a horrible wreck and it disfigured your body-took away what God made you to be-wouldn't you want to fix it to somewhat close to what you once were??? I love my babies and I'm so proud of my body for bearing those babies and nursing them...but I would like to lose a little of that extra skin. I could live forever with all the damage 4 pregnancies have done to me but if I can I will have a tummy tuck (just a mini-not into extremes but not saying others shouldn't have the full deal if that's what they want...I'm not looking for my 18 year old body, just the best body I can have).
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options

Yah!!! And honestly, before kids...I liked my little boobs. Cute and perky. I love all boobs, big and small. BUT, I did NOT like my post baby boobs. Those that are moms and then breastfed know what look I am talking about.
    =D. Yes, I never thought about boob jobs until after I finished breastfeeding. If I ever get them done, I just want them to be fill out. I wouldn't go more than a C. I didn't like them when they are D and DD. It's hard to find clothes to fit them at that size, they are heavy, and it gets all sweaty between them.

ETA: I don't think there's anything wrong with ladies who want them before kids. If they are not happy with their bodies and the boob jobs make them feel better, who's to say it's wrong. Everyone has their idea of the ideal body.

Same boat. Really, no surgery will get my body to look how it did pre-baby. You are still going to have scars and the firmness won't be the same. But, if I could/did make them look better than after kids...that is what I wanted. I told the PS just to make them how they were when I was breastfeeding. He made them look better!!
  • ktbia
    ktbia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I personally would love a tummy tuck. My skin is so flabby there, I have a crooked csection scar (3 csections), tons of stretch marks. I had 3 babies and 2 were huge (10 lbs 1 ounce, 9 lbs 5 ounces)...

I am a little terrified of anesthesia and I can't afford it yet anyways.. but stilll.

As for boobs- I breastfed all 3 children past a year each. My boobs were a lot bigger when I weighed more and then grew with breastfeeding. Now they are saggy deflated boobs that will never look like they used to. There is no bouncing back here!
    My concern with a boob job is nipple sensitivity. Anyone with experience who can touch on that? Did you lose sensitivity?
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options

Yes, I consider changing your body (as in, what God gave you) drastically is a moral issue. Getting a boob job is not necessarily just aesthetics. It is a big, invasive deal, it's not like dyeing your hair. I personally beleive that you should rock and be proud of what you were given, and not try "fix" it unless there is something wrong (ie: getting reduction surgery because your back is being damaged etc). In the original poster's case, like I outlined, she really isn't trying to "fix" HERSELF, she is trying to "fix" CHANGES to her body brought on by challenging events taking a toll. That is why I consider it a more aesthetic issue (more like upkeep) than a moral issue, and why I consider getting beach ball breast implants because you aren't happy with your cute pert ones (as in, CHANGING your body drastically) a moral issue.

so, it is okay to get small implants but not large ones- because then that would be too drastic and therefore a "moral issue". hmmm, judge much! smh!
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    I personally would love a tummy tuck. My skin is so flabby there, I have a crooked csection scar (3 csections), tons of stretch marks. I had 3 babies and 2 were huge (10 lbs 1 ounce, 9 lbs 5 ounces)...

I am a little terrified of anesthesia and I can't afford it yet anyways.. but stilll.

As for boobs- I breastfed all 3 children past a year each. My boobs were a lot bigger when I weighed more and then grew with breastfeeding. Now they are saggy deflated boobs that will never look like they used to. There is no bouncing back here!
    My concern with a boob job is nipple sensitivity. Anyone with experience who can touch on that? Did you lose sensitivity?

Oh I totally forgot that one. That is one of my concerns also.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I had a TT 6 weeks ago, and if I had had the money I would have gotten a small implant as well.

I do not regret my decision at all and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.!
  • TurboFireMama
    TurboFireMama Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am getting a lift plus implants next week and I couldn't be happier. It is also my reward for losing 30 lbs and the tolls that plus having 2 children will take on a poor set of boobs.

To Jannspizziri and any other women who thing this is a societal issue....I am here to tell you that for me it has nothing to do with that. I will be blunt. I have saggy flaps of empty skin that hang and flap around like crazy when I am not wearing a bra...enough to make and embarrassing clapping noise if I run up and down my stairs. Normally I am to embarrassed to go braless because if my husband or kids heard that I think I would die. I won't even go into the sweat issue in the summer when I want to relax and watch tv or sit by the firepit without a bra and have chaffing and sweat dripping from the folds of skin. For me this about regaining the breasts and dignity as a woman that I had pre-babies and pre fat body. I want to feel and look my best and be comfortable in relaxing in my own home. Until you have walked a day in a Mom's shoes or a person who has been overweight and left with these devastating breasts....Please don't judge because Karma is a *****.

I am not a Bimbo, I am not a Ditz. I am a well educated beautiful person who has researched this for 8 months. I highly suggest you do the same because size is a personal choice and it is also a based on medical measurements and previous history of the woman and her tissues etc.....

I think women should start being more supportive of each other, even if you don't always agree with anothers choice. This is about a personal issue....Breasts are personal and a very important vital role in being a woman and feeling womanly. It has to do with the visual, but more importantly the spiritual feeling of being a woman. At least for me. Maybe it isn't for everyone and some might be comfortable living with the un comfort of what I live everyday. I won't be forcing my issues on them. I commend any woman who does her research and has the guts to go through with it because it is not an easy step to take.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get a lift and tuck after all is said and done. it's for me, it's to make me feel great about myself, and it's to fix the damage i did to myself by choosing to be a bigger woman for too long

saying accepting ourselves for our imperfections is a valid statment, but its also like saying a recovering cocaine addict shouldn't get their teeth fixed because they have to "accept their imperfections and battle scars"

Battling an addiction, whether it's food, or drugs or alcohol or what have you, will do wear and tear on your body, and yes, while some of us had children, and the having of children contributed to our saggy breasts and flabby tummies, while i'm proud of my daughter, i know that most of my saggy tissue is from my overeating and not taking care of myself while I was an incubator (amongst other times in my life)

so yes, I'll be doing it, and I'll happily do it.
  • burtonkd
    burtonkd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction and lift (I didn't need a implant) and a tummy tuck all done at the same time about 4 years ago. It was a long recovery, but I LOVE the results. I would definitely do it again. I'm looking into a neck lift now. Make sure you get a good doc, and go for it!
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Of course this is something that you'll have to discuss with your surgeon of choice. But personally, I have not had any reduction in nipple sensitivity. In fact they are slightly more sensitive now. When you are early post op it is normal to have numbness because your nerves are being stretched. As long as the nerves are not severed during your surgery (which a good surgeon will never do!) then your sensitivity will return to normal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!