Boob job!

Options

Replies

• FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. In my opinion, you shouldn't want to look like you did in highschool, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badge of honor, your battle scars. :)

I mean good for you if you want to do something that rewards yourself for accomplishing your (amazing!!) goal, but I have a hard time thinking that undergoing expensive SURGERY to look how society (I know, I know, you tell yourself it is "for you") wants you to look.

Badge of Honor? I don't think so. Droopy boobs are no badge of honor in my book. I am having an augmentation because I want one. I want bigger, perkier breasts. I want to feel good about my body. I want to like what I see. To say we are falling victim to what society says we are "supposed" to look like is a disservice. Did it occur to you that a large portion of society frowns on plastic surgery? Maybe your refusal to have it is caving to that part of society.
    I think most of us are intelligent, strong women. We aren't victims of anything except time and unwanted changes. If we can fix those things, then why not? Why shouldn't we enjoy the bodies we see in the mirror?
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I will GLADLY give some of mine to someone! I guess I was cursed because I said I wanted big ones like Dolly Parton (COME ON---I was like 7)!!
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OMG I so want to get one, well a reduction any tightness anyway, I have always had a big chest DD to be exact, I can't stand them and I would love to get them reduced after I lose all my weigh, but we will see how that goes, lol
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    you so whatever makes you happy :wink:
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. In my opinion, you shouldn't want to look like you did in highschool, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badge of honor, your battle scars. :)

I mean good for you if you want to do something that rewards yourself for accomplishing your (amazing!!) goal, but I have a hard time thinking that undergoing expensive SURGERY to look how society (I know, I know, you tell yourself it is "for you") wants you to look.

Badge of Honor? I don't think so. Droopy boobs are no badge of honor in my book. I am having an augmentation because I want one. I want bigger, perkier breasts. I want to feel good about my body. I want to like what I see. To say we are falling victim to what society says we are "supposed" to look like is a disservice. Did it occur to you that a large portion of society frowns on plastic surgery? Maybe your refusal to have it is caving to that part of society.
    I think most of us are intelligent, strong women. We aren't victims of anything except time and unwanted changes. If we can fix those things, then why not? Why shouldn't we enjoy the bodies we see in the mirror?

^THISSSS
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have been researching getting a "mommy makeover" for awhile now. It's something I am def. going to do after I reach my goal and find the money to do it.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. In my opinion, you shouldn't want to look like you did in high school, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badge of honor, your battle scars. :)

I hate when people pull out the "Badge of Honor" idea. I don't like badges. They're useless, because the only reason you'd need a badge is to impress other people. Droopy boobs are not impressive.

Of course, some women like their badges. I don't like my droopy breastfeeding boobie badges. I want to get a lift after I'm done breastfeeding, because I want to like my boobs. I don't want to look like I did in high school, and I'm not trying to get other people to like me, because I don't care what other people think about my boobs. I care what I think about my boobs, and society be damned for condemning women to feeling like everything that they do must be for the good of other people. Women are made to feel like they have to play martyr for everyone, and everything, from family life, to work life, to love life. It's ridiculous. Women do not exist to play martyr for other peoples' ideas.

If women don't like their boobs, they can change them, and *shocker* it can actually be because they WANT to for their own benefit, and not the benefit of other people.
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my boob fund now.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    9 out of 10 males support breast enhancement. the other 10% are compulsive liars.
    haha I've actually dated more guys that were against it then for it. They like the "real thing" better but they also said if it makes you feel better then go for it.

I've always gone back and forth in my mind over getting implants (no bigger than C for me... I'm A/B). My past boyfriends mostly were against it. My husband (I'm recently married) is ADAMANTLY against it. I've tried and tried talking with him about it. So, this is sort of an issue now. I've not had kids yet and have no idea how that would affect breastfeeding. So, still on the fence about it.
  • ItsTiffanyFTW
    ItsTiffanyFTW Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ok ok, I don't mean to offend anyone, but my reward for reaching my goal weight is a boob job!! I'm about 25 to 30 lbs from that. After gaining and losing over the past 10 years and after breastfeeding two babies, my poor boobs have given into loose skin and gravity!! Just looking for anyone else that has gone through a similar experience to share, and if so, are they happy they went through the cosmetic surgery??? I'm still convinced I want it...unless its not worth it, please share :wink: and or share any removal of loose skin or even a tummy tuck.

I had implants done when I was 23 (I'm almost 30 now). I've always been a big girl and never "blossomed" so I just wanted to look proportionate. No one has ever questioned me if they're implants because I got 500 ccs and I achieved my goal. I actually could have (and wish I did) gone bigger.

After I get to my goal weight and maintain for at least a year, I'd like to get a tummy tuck as well. I had an abdominal hernia when I was pregnant with my son (who came out over 9lbs) so I'm suuuuuper stretched out above my belly button. And I've always had that "apron" on my lower belly... always. I'm not even sure how much I can decrease it on my own so a tuck will help there too.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction in 2008......but I was still heavy then. Mine was due to just having VERY LARGE BOOBIES! I got to a 40F wile pregnant with 1st daughter and only went down to 38DDD after having her....3x/wk Chiro appts and sore neck helped me get the surgery paid for. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! I have since had another baby and the new boobs stayed the same. The look rough from all the old stretchmarks but a hell of a lot better than the sagging tubes of utters they were!! And I dont have to wear a bra to bed!
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've had a mommymakeover and it was one of the best things I ever did for myself. When a 100lb woman has a 9+lb baby, it isn't always pretty what you are left with. I also nursed each of my kids past two and when a flat chested woman stretches out from milk engorgement after giving birth...well what you are left with isn't pretty either. I love it when young (or not so young) childless women have a negative opinion on plastic surgery. I say do what you can do to restore your body if that is what you want to do and to hell with what anyone else thinks. Life is just way too short.

The only expectations I bought into were my own and a year later I am thrilled with my results. There is just no reason to walk around with loose skin, split abdominal muscles, a herniated belly button, and wrinkled flaps of skin on your chest if you are able to do something about it.
  • gleechick609
    Options

Sorry to be harsh.

epic-jackie-chan-template.png

Society isn't telling me to get bigger boobs. The mirror and my naked body is telling me to have my boobs reconstructed. You try losing weight and gaining it back for a total of 8 years and tell me how your boobs look. Not too pretty, amirite?
  • anclark22
    Options
    I have lost weight in the past and my hefty DD boobs looked flimsy the more weight I lost. I had a baby and now I am in the process of losing the weight again but I am not looking forward to the flapjack boobs. Once I reach my goal weight I am definitely considering a lift of the boobs and the dunlap on my stomach. Good luck.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I DO look very much like I did in high school, only better, and let me tell you...it is awesome to be able to say that at the ripe age of 36 with two beautiful kids!
  • TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    Options
    See I'm not for extensive surgery, but I say if it makes you feel good go for it (and whilst I understand where the girl against it is coming from (by that I mean I get she has her own views and a lot of people would agree with her), her profile says she wants to be thin like Kate Hudson, how is that not buying into society's ideals?). I'm a bit weird, at the moment I want a boob reduction (I'm 5'2 and an E cup, people/myself take pictures of anything besides my face and all you see is boob, and even when I was 120lbs I was an E cup) however, this time my boobs might shrink (hasn't happened yet but it could) so when I hit my goal weight (and have the money) I'm either going to get a enhancement or a reduction to a C, think a C is more then generous on my frame!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Ultimately it is whatever makes the person at hand happy. If you disagree with them, fine but some people need to learn how to be a little more sensitive and realise everyone has feelings and within reason, whatever makes them feel better about themselves should be fine.

For instance, I've had a receding hairline for years, I hate it and would happily get it fixed if there was something I could do cheaply enough (in the ball park of BA). This wouldn't be for society, it'd be for me.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Boob lift....Heck Yea!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    OMG I would love a reduction and a lift. I always shake my head at women who get large implants because they do not know what they are getting in to. My breasts are still pretty firm for being DDD and breastfeeding, but they aren't as perky as I would like them to be. Maybe when I'm 40 I will get a lift. Hopefully continued weight loss will reduce them in size.
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!