Boob job!

Options

Replies

• tortoise73
    tortoise73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had a "Mommy Makeover" last May. Full tummy tuck, breast lift with implants. I could not be happier with it. Recovery wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought - I could have gone back to work in 4 days. My breast scars are fading very well - the tummy one not so much but it is under the bikini line so it isn't seen in a bathing suit. I do have numbness which will probably last forever but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

It's the moral (and societal) issues I have when women get big beach ball boobs, even before they have kids (like that idiot famous person who got them and then was upset because she couldn't breast feed afterwards, it's like, Duh! You mess around in there with foreign objects enough and they aren't going to work properly!!) so that they are "attractive." There is nothing wrong with having little pert boobs. And I realize now that is not what you are adressing.

So I take back what I said about conforming to society, it's ok for you to want to go back to where you want to be, as long as you aren't wanting to "fix" yourself into something totally new. It was a bit naive of me to not understand where you are coming from, escpecially since I haven't had kids. And I know you don't need approval from me, I am just apologizing mostly. :)

Moral issues? LOL. Getting aesthetics confused with morals... isn't that difficult to do? Wow.

Yes, I consider changing your body (as in, what God gave you) drastically is a moral issue. Getting a boob job is not necessarily just aesthetics. It is a big, invasive deal, it's not like dyeing your hair. I personally beleive that you should rock and be proud of what you were given, and not try "fix" it unless there is something wrong (ie: getting reduction surgery because your back is being damaged etc). In the original poster's case, like I outlined, she really isn't trying to "fix" HERSELF, she is trying to "fix" CHANGES to her body brought on by challenging events taking a toll. That is why I consider it a more aesthetic issue (more like upkeep) than a moral issue, and why I consider getting beach ball breast implants because you aren't happy with your cute pert ones (as in, CHANGING your body drastically) a moral issue.

WHY OH WHY OH WHY do religious nuts bring a god into everything?

I don't have a god, why is your god telling me and others what to do?

because apparently their god is omniscient and has the authority to dictate how everyone else's life should be?

:yawn:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    When that god learns to deal with its kiddy fiddling priests I may be more inclined to listen...
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    ah yes, boobs! I've been wanting implants for years! I'm in the same boat, was small chested to begin with, and then after breastfeeding, i don't know wtf happened to them, but I no likey!! LOL

I don't feel like I'm conforming to society or all that.... I like boobs, and just want bigger/fuller ones...

it's a money thing for me, or I would've had them done long ago! 38yrs old and hoping before 40 at this point!

Get an estimate and start a private savings account just for them. You might find it doesn't cost as much as you think.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I resent boob jobs because they make my spectacular natural breasts less impressive. :wink:

Do what makes you happy. Don't worry about me.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I love when religious nuts delve into philosophy of ethics & morality (and aesthetics) as well... it always makes things very colorful for a short while until I get disgusted.
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. You shouldn't want to look like you did in highschool, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badges of honor (in my opinion).

I mean good for you if you want to do something that rewards yourself for accomplishing your goal, but I have a heard time thinking that undergoing expensive SURGERY to look how society (i know, i know, you tell yourself it is "for you") wants you to look.

Sorry to be harsh.

I wouldn't call it "buying in to society's expectations". It's more like wanting to feel better about yourself. That's why most of us are on this site- to lose weight and feel better about ourselves. Are we buying into society's expecatations by wanting to lose weight and be fit? Is that why you are here?
    I would love to have a little bit bigger boobs, but not because "society wants me to look that way." I want them because that's my personal preferance. And after I have kids, I'm for sure going to get a lift, because -I- want my boobs like that.
    "Supposed to look" and WANTING to look are two different things.
  • TurboFireMama
    TurboFireMama Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Funny...I sat poolside just a couple months ago in Miami next to two girls from Brazil who had big augmented breasts and they had them done in Brazil. They were visiting Miami. We actually had a conversation about how surgery there is so prevalent that it is SUPER cheap to get them done. Like $5k less than the US.

We won't even go into the "Moral" issues of their thong wearing on the beach...
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    No, but I am getting procedures done. Nothing major. Just a chemical peel, and some other things to my face; just as a reward! I have some old acne scarring and some flaws I can fix and afford. :)
  • gollyitsmolly
    Options
    Weight loss, motherhood, cancer, society, religion. Believe it or no you you don't actually have to justify your decision to everyone else for the rest of your life! I love my augmented breasts and I couldn't be happier with MY decision. Additionally pay attention to who has responded with anecdotal tales of woe and who has firsthand experience with breast augmentation! If you have any questions feel free to reach out.
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    I'd do it! I have enough boobs as is, but implants can make them perky and plump. It takes the extra skin that you already have, and fills it. I'd rather have filled with implant skin, than loose , baggy skin that is just hanging around! That being said...I would rather have a tummy tuck. I plan on getting one if I dont like my stomach when I'm done with my weight loss! I've got about 30 more pounds and then we'll see!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it!!!!!!!! I went from a 36DD to a 32B. I had some pretty bad hang-age. I had a lift and augmentation done a year and a few months ago. It was painful, but I would do it again.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I went from a very full D cup to a barely full B cup.. Yes I am planning on having a boob job. Luckily my stomach even after 7 babies, has gone down to practically nothing. Not even loose skin so I am blessed.. But the breast, well they are old news..
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I had a full tummy tuck with abdominal muscle repair one year ago. I have 3 children. When you have kids, your abdominal muscles separate and they don't move back together. You can do all kinds of crunches and you are not going to really benefit from them in any way.
    I also worked for three cosmetic surgeons and see the benefits that various surgeries can have on a persons self esteem.
    Prior to my tummy tuck i had lost @ 40 lbs. I had nearly 10 lbs of excess skin and fat removed from my lower and upper abdominal area. Since the suregery I have lost almost 40 additional lbs. The way I feel about my appearance and the desire to make my dollar (the amount I spent on my surgery) go as far as possible, has catapulted me into a strong fitness routine.
    I am not for cosmetic surgery being used to "fit in" with society or as a tool to lose weight. However, it can completely change your life when it comes to the way you feel about yourself and your desire to be better.
    I'm also all for rewarding yourself for your hard work. If a "boob job" is what you want, don't let anyone step in your way. Just research your doctor thoroughly. Ask to see photos of his other patients and be clear as to how you want your breasts to look.
    Good luck and congratulations on almost reaching your goal!!
  • HittingHerStride
    Options
    You have many responses, I plan to get the boobs lifted for my 40th bday. Two kids, weight fluctuation. Although I am going to go down in size, fuller breast are nicer when your young but in order to keep them perkier as I age, I think a smaller size will suffice.
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    By the way, my tummy tuck scar is very low. My surgeon made my incision lower than my c-section scar so I only have one scar. It does go hip to hip but one year later i can wear a bikini and you can't even see it unless I point it out.
    Everyone has different levels of pain. I only took my pain meds the first day and a half and then I didn't need them anymore. I returned to work after one week. I've seen people who claim to need a walker after their tummy tuck surgery to get around the house etc... That seems very extreme to me. Maybe I have a higher tolerance for pain, but it was def initely not nearly as bad as I imagined it to be. I had a full tummy tuck, upper abdominal lip suction and my abdominal muscles sewn back together. My surgery took 6 hours. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options

It's the moral (and societal) issues I have when women get big beach ball boobs, even before they have kids (like that idiot famous person who got them and then was upset because she couldn't breast feed afterwards, it's like, Duh! You mess around in there with foreign objects enough and they aren't going to work properly!!) so that they are "attractive." There is nothing wrong with having little pert boobs. And I realize now that is not what you are adressing.

So I take back what I said about conforming to society, it's ok for you to want to go back to where you want to be, as long as you aren't wanting to "fix" yourself into something totally new. It was a bit naive of me to not understand where you are coming from, escpecially since I haven't had kids. And I know you don't need approval from me, I am just apologizing mostly. :)

Moral issues? LOL. Getting aesthetics confused with morals... isn't that difficult to do? Wow.

Yes, I consider changing your body (as in, what God gave you) drastically is a moral issue. Getting a boob job is not necessarily just aesthetics. It is a big, invasive deal, it's not like dyeing your hair. I personally beleive that you should rock and be proud of what you were given, and not try "fix" it unless there is something wrong (ie: getting reduction surgery because your back is being damaged etc). In the original poster's case, like I outlined, she really isn't trying to "fix" HERSELF, she is trying to "fix" CHANGES to her body brought on by challenging events taking a toll. That is why I consider it a more aesthetic issue (more like upkeep) than a moral issue, and why I consider getting beach ball breast implants because you aren't happy with your cute pert ones (as in, CHANGING your body drastically) a moral issue.

because apparently their god is omniscient and has the authority to dictate how everyone else's life should be?

:yawn:

She mentioned God in her post in a passing way (not at all intended to force religion on anyone.) Must you try to mock people for no apparent reason? Y'all are getting mad at her for stating what she believes because it offended you but then you turned around and wrote something that is very offensive to some, namely me. I'm not here to get into a debate about it since this is not what the original poster was even talking about, just thought I would speak up.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I love when religious nuts delve into philosophy of ethics & morality (and aesthetics) as well... it always makes things very colorful for a short while until I get disgusted.

I have no problem with religion tbh, it teaches people to be good to one another etc.

However, religion doesn't have morals in reality. How many crusades were waged? How may women burnt at the stake? How many other crazy ideas were perpetuated by a religion based on a god who was murderous in one book and all happy and friendly in another? One crazy act after another. Boob jobs are far from a worry for religion for me, I'd look at sorting itself out for a start before casting a stone at others. After all, thats what the bible says...
  • angelgutierrez
    Options
    Getting implants was a goal of mine, but realistically i cant afford it...I say way to go girl you get them boobies!!!!
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Ok ok, I don't mean to offend anyone, but my reward for reaching my goal weight is a boob job!! I'm about 25 to 30 lbs from that. After gaining and losing over the past 10 years and after breastfeeding two babies, my poor boobs have given into loose skin and gravity!! Just looking for anyone else that has gone through a similar experience to share, and if so, are they happy they went through the cosmetic surgery??? I'm still convinced I want it...unless its not worth it, please share :wink: and or share any removal of loose skin or even a tummy tuck.

I had one 10 months ago hun, went from 32b to 32ff with 380 cc under the muscle and would not have changed a thing (well, i would have gone bigger LOL!!). I didn't have saggy boobs or any issue with them at all, just always wanted bigger. My advice is.... GO FOR IT, you won't regret it :D xx

PS Check out the SoFem forums for BA advice x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!