Boob job!

Options

Replies

• loblo23
    loblo23 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey there! I got mine done as a reward for when I reached the 30 lb. loss mark and it was worth every penny and the pain (only 4 days though, so you'll get through it!) Went from a AA @ 175 lbs (which looked really strange) to a medium sized C @ 135 lbs...much more proportional!! Not only was I more confident from the weight loss but having "the girls" done really changed the way I carry myself. It also made me work that much harder to reach my weight loss goals!! Go for it if you can!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Getting implants was a goal of mine, but realistically i cant afford it...I say way to go girl you get them boobies!!!!

If it's really important to you, a lot of dr's offices will take Care Credit which means you could finance the new girls and make payments over time. I know a lot of people do it this way if they don't have several thousand $$ on hand right then but know they can afford the payments.
  • taul07
    taul07 Posts: 12
    Options
    My hubby told me once I get to my goal weight I could get one! So Im with ya girl! Good Luck! ive got 28lbs to go
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck almost 5 years ago to get rid of the loose skin from having my babies. It was the best thing I ever did. I had a full tuck with abdominal repair, no liposuction. Surgery lasted 3 1/2 hours. They took 6lbs of loose skin and my scar goes from hip to hip. I have a tattoo that covers it up now. Even with the surgery, you still got to put the work in to get results and to look fabulous. Good luck with your weight loss journey and your decision to have something done. Cheers!! :drinker:
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Got my boobs 23 years ago! (may be going on some kind of record?!) Beast fed all 3 of my kids and am now finally at 47 realizing, i need to lose a few pounds and get back in shape - I would deffinately get a lift/replacement if I could afford it but for now underwire bras still do the trick. Best friend lost weight, got in fabulous shape and just had an augmentation and it cured the droop right away! -totally worth it in both our books! Good luck and enjoy the journey
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm still young (22) but I have decided after I'm done with having kids maybe when I'm in my mid 30s i want to get a lift and maybe an increase in size I'm a c cup right now but I'm unsure if it will go down to a b after I lose my weight I want to lose. I don't think there is anything wrong with plastic surgery as long as you don't go crazy. My boyfriend is anti surgery and says he likes me all natural however if I really feel I want it later I will do it. So we will see :)
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck almost 5 years ago to get rid of the loose skin from having my babies. It was the best thing I ever did. I had a full tuck with abdominal repair, no liposuction. Surgery lasted 3 1/2 hours. They took 6lbs of loose skin and my scar goes from hip to hip. I have a tattoo that covers it up now. Even with the surgery, you still got to put the work in to get results and to look fabulous. Good luck with your weight loss journey and your decision to have something done. Cheers!! :drinker:

From my belly button down was 5 lbs of skin and fat removed. They lipoed out close to 5 lbs from my upper abs. Best thing I ever did for myself. I'm a single parent and don't have tons of money laying around and I heard a lot of crap from people questioning why I spent so much money on myself. But, one year later I am 45 lbs lighter. I have a healthier lifestyle and I'm a better role model for my daughter.
    Yay for us and for everyone who is willing to invest in themselves. We are all worth it!!
  • jillij7
    jillij7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl!!!! I think thats a great goal!!! I completely understand that! Go for it! Just make it count and dont go cheap! Have heard one to many horror stories!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

It's the moral (and societal) issues I have when women get big beach ball boobs, even before they have kids (like that idiot famous person who got them and then was upset because she couldn't breast feed afterwards, it's like, Duh! You mess around in there with foreign objects enough and they aren't going to work properly!!) so that they are "attractive." There is nothing wrong with having little pert boobs. And I realize now that is not what you are adressing.

So I take back what I said about conforming to society, it's ok for you to want to go back to where you want to be, as long as you aren't wanting to "fix" yourself into something totally new. It was a bit naive of me to not understand where you are coming from, escpecially since I haven't had kids. And I know you don't need approval from me, I am just apologizing mostly. :)

Moral issues? LOL. Getting aesthetics confused with morals... isn't that difficult to do? Wow.

Yes, I consider changing your body (as in, what God gave you) drastically is a moral issue. Getting a boob job is not necessarily just aesthetics. It is a big, invasive deal, it's not like dyeing your hair. I personally beleive that you should rock and be proud of what you were given, and not try "fix" it unless there is something wrong (ie: getting reduction surgery because your back is being damaged etc). In the original poster's case, like I outlined, she really isn't trying to "fix" HERSELF, she is trying to "fix" CHANGES to her body brought on by challenging events taking a toll. That is why I consider it a more aesthetic issue (more like upkeep) than a moral issue, and why I consider getting beach ball breast implants because you aren't happy with your cute pert ones (as in, CHANGING your body drastically) a moral issue.

Do you not consider losing weight b/c you want to be as skinny as Kate Hudson 'changing' your body to 'fix' things? I mean you're so concerned about societal pressures but yet you want to look like a celebrity? The only difference I see is that breast augmentation is surgical, and I'm pretty sure the God that accepted circumcision and said if your right hand offends you then cut it off, doesn't have anything against surgery. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like you're picking and choosing what's 'acceptable' based on your own personal preferences, rather than realizing that different people have different preferences and that's okay.
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Way to go girl!!!! I think thats a great goal!!! I completely understand that! Go for it! Just make it count and dont go cheap! Have heard one to many horror stories!

Agreed! I considered going abroad for my BA and while there are some great clinics that are considerably cheaper than here in UK, it's not really worth it when you consider the implications if you have complications or need further surgery. Have a number of consultations, take time to consider them, and go with the surgeon who you feel most comfortable with, regardless of price. I paid mine up front but my clinic offers payment plan and a piggy bank saving scheme too!
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

WHY OH WHY OH WHY do religious nuts bring a god into everything?

I don't have a god, why is your god telling me and others what to do?

:laugh:

I love when religious nuts delve into philosophy of ethics & morality (and aesthetics) as well... it always makes things very colorful for a short while until I get disgusted.

I have no problem with religion tbh, it teaches people to be good to one another etc.

However, religion doesn't have morals in reality. How many crusades were waged? How may women burnt at the stake? How many other crazy ideas were perpetuated by a religion based on a god who was murderous in one book and all happy and friendly in another? One crazy act after another. Boob jobs are far from a worry for religion for me, I'd look at sorting itself out for a start before casting a stone at others. After all, thats what the bible says...

That was not religion, that was people interpreting it the way they wanted to fill their needs.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I personally have never had great breasts. I have some extreme breast assymetry that I hide with push-up bras and paddings. Left breast (was) full C/near D... right breast (was) small B. Now, my left breast is a medium B and my right breast is barely an A. Would I get implants... maybe. I'm nowhere near my goal, but I can tell that my breasts are never going to be anywhere near even. People say that don't notice, but when I'm naked, it's noticeable. I wouldn't want to have some extreme DD's or anything, but to have some sense of more normal, even breasts, a boob job might be in my future. Sweet Jeebus, I hate my boobs
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    OMG the pain of a tummy tuck was unbearable for me...I'm getting my boobs done after Easter, on Monday! :) I'm looking forward to a 'new' me and maybe I can finally feel good.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options

It's the moral (and societal) issues I have when women get big beach ball boobs, even before they have kids (like that idiot famous person who got them and then was upset because she couldn't breast feed afterwards, it's like, Duh! You mess around in there with foreign objects enough and they aren't going to work properly!!) so that they are "attractive." There is nothing wrong with having little pert boobs. And I realize now that is not what you are adressing.

So I take back what I said about conforming to society, it's ok for you to want to go back to where you want to be, as long as you aren't wanting to "fix" yourself into something totally new. It was a bit naive of me to not understand where you are coming from, escpecially since I haven't had kids. And I know you don't need approval from me, I am just apologizing mostly. :)

Moral issues? LOL. Getting aesthetics confused with morals... isn't that difficult to do? Wow.

Yes, I consider changing your body (as in, what God gave you) drastically is a moral issue. Getting a boob job is not necessarily just aesthetics. It is a big, invasive deal, it's not like dyeing your hair. I personally beleive that you should rock and be proud of what you were given, and not try "fix" it unless there is something wrong (ie: getting reduction surgery because your back is being damaged etc). In the original poster's case, like I outlined, she really isn't trying to "fix" HERSELF, she is trying to "fix" CHANGES to her body brought on by challenging events taking a toll. That is why I consider it a more aesthetic issue (more like upkeep) than a moral issue, and why I consider getting beach ball breast implants because you aren't happy with your cute pert ones (as in, CHANGING your body drastically) a moral issue.

because apparently their god is omniscient and has the authority to dictate how everyone else's life should be?

:yawn:

Because my faith is very much a part of my opinion, and this is a MESSAGE BOARD, which is for opinions. Duh.
  • miraquenice
    miraquenice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    awesome reward if its something that you want why not we only live once!! might as well live with awesome boobs.lol
  • wifeygrooms
    Options
    I had a boob job about 3months ago..and I love them....No regrets...You might need a lift as well...
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, this is not an option for me! I would LOVE to have a tummy tuck and boobie fix. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to antithetic. (Yeah I had 2 C-sections imagine two c-sections without drugs) and I'm also allergic to most narcotics. So no pain meds and I'm not willing to go through that much pain again without producing a child.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I love when religious nuts delve into philosophy of ethics & morality (and aesthetics) as well... it always makes things very colorful for a short while until I get disgusted.

I have no problem with religion tbh, it teaches people to be good to one another etc.

However, religion doesn't have morals in reality. How many crusades were waged? How may women burnt at the stake? How many other crazy ideas were perpetuated by a religion based on a god who was murderous in one book and all happy and friendly in another? One crazy act after another. Boob jobs are far from a worry for religion for me, I'd look at sorting itself out for a start before casting a stone at others. After all, thats what the bible says...

That was not religion, that was people interpreting it the way they wanted to fill their needs.

Which is exactly what religion is for some people.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options

Do you not consider losing weight b/c you want to be as skinny as Kate Hudson 'changing' your body to 'fix' things? I mean you're so concerned about societal pressures but yet you want to look like a celebrity? The only difference I see is that breast augmentation is surgical, and I'm pretty sure the God that accepted circumcision and said if your right hand offends you then cut it off, doesn't have anything against surgery. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like you're picking and choosing what's 'acceptable' based on your own personal preferences, rather than realizing that different people have different preferences and that's okay.

That's a very good point. However, if you recall I said DRASTICALLY changing your body. I don't want to look like Kate Hudson, I just saw a picture of her once and her height was the same as mine and she looked healthy and beautiful at that weight (which the picture reported was 135) so it became my inspiration. I am not going to go get a nose job so that I look like her, because I don't want to and that would be drastically changing my body.

You are right in that God accepted (mandated) circumcision, but while many would say this is for aesthetic purposes it was actually for deeper reasons, one of which being for heigine. Secondly, "cutting off your right hand" is NOT a reference to surgery, it is a point about how abhorrent it is to sin. It is a far cry from going under the knife for cosmetic purposes.

Of course I am picking and choosing what is acceptable based on my own opinions because that is what opinions are. But I am trying to back it up with reason and knowledge and to have a semi-intelligent discussion with others in this community about it. If you see above I even changed my opinion about the original post, so I am learning from you just as you are all maybe perhaps learning a bit of a new perspective from me.
  • miraquenice
    miraquenice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!