Working full time AND working out?

Options
123457»

Replies

• RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    When I was working full time (I'm back in school now)...I didn't let myself go home. I carried a granola bar for a quick snack before working out and my gym clothes and went directly from work to the gym. I was always tired coming out of work but the second I started working out I perked right up.
    This is my recommendation - the afternoon is ticking away then suddenly I would get a burst of motivation to finish the tasks I was doing so I could get the hell out and get to the gym. Develop the sense that the workout is part of your work day and you don't switch off or slow down until you've done it - I was never able to maintain this when working out at home as there were too many distractions to keep the intensity up.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom, work full time, and work out regularly.
    For me its not how to fit fitness into my life. But how to arrange my life around the fitness.

Very nicely put.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Develop the discipline, learn to say "No" to unproductive uses of time, and commit to improving your life 100%. There is simply no short cut to it.

Best of luck. :)
  • PHATmommy68
    PHATmommy68 Posts: 112
    Options
    I work full time and my job requires business travel. I am married and have a child. I do all the cooking for my family and we eat together every night.

And still I find time to work out.

Priorities... if it's important you'll make time. I'm sure there is plenty of TV watching, book reading or telephone chatting that can be eliminated in order to invest in your health.

Welcome to being a grown up, darling.

:flowerforyou:

SORRY BUT I FIND YOU RUDE!!!
  • Stacey_c123
    Stacey_c123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I find that I must workout first thing during work week or it just does not get done. I work 2nd shift so it is a bit easier but if I have to be somewhere early I get up earlier to workout. it makes me feel better and gives me a boost. I am new here going on my 4 th week but so far so good. I haven't missed a workout yet. in past when I was consistent with workouts I did the same thing, that way its done and you can go about your day.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Trying getting up just 30 minutes earlier and doing your workout then. It's done and over with and you don't have to worry about it later.
  • tlamarch
    tlamarch Posts: 105
    Options
    I work 12 hrs shifts , So i get up at 4am to hit the gym.....I would never go if I waited till after work, But soon as I wake I dont even give myself time to think about it, I have every thing I need set by the door and just do it
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the other responses..

I have a full time job with two kids (5 and 2) and my 5 year old has Tae Kwon Do 4x a week.

What I do is, I get home from work, drive my son to his TKD and when we get home, I leave the kids with their father then I run. After that, I have to do all the other stuff like, cook, get the kids ready for bed, and then tidy up the house a little, then finally take a shower and go to bed. And then I do it all over again the next day. It's possible.

To me, the time I used for running is ME time. I just get up and do it.