question tattoos...does anyone else think

Options

Replies

• Thir13en
    Thir13en Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i love tattoos and have several, including a full sleeve, but what matters to me is how we treat each other. don't approach me in public and tell me you think i'm ugly, and i won't nitpick your appearance either!
    what bothers me is when people who don't like tattoos seem to feel that it's their duty to be unkind to me because of mine... as though they themselves were a paragon of morality and good looks! hah!

exaaactly. :) well said
  • irishmist40
    Options
    they don't look good? I have lots of friends who have them and I don't think there is anything wrong with them, but I wonder if I am weird cause I don't find them attractive similar to how some like blondes/brunettes, curvy/non-curvy. Does that make me evil?
    Comon Dude, i know you have hidden I:heart: MOM, its ok, dont hate
    LOL
  • Sheila1968
    Sheila1968 Posts: 106
    Options
    Neither like or dislike. I have no interest in getting one and probably never have. I think its funny that people with tattoos used to be very much the minority. Now, people like me are the different ones.. I am making my own personal statement to be different by not getting one...lol. Think Im the only one at my gym without an obvious tattoo.

You reminded me of a recent "Bizarro" cartoon in our paper - it had two people standing outside a carnival in front of a sign saying, "Come See the UnTattooed Woman!!" It made me laugh and say, yep, that'll be me. :)

I must say I am amused at how vehement people with tattoos are at defending theirs and trying to talk me into getting one . . . of course, others are the same way about children and insist I should have a few of those, too! To each his/her own.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I dislike tattoos, looks very trashy, keep it classy-Ty
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    I have several tattos of my own, all of which have meaning to me. My husband also has several, the latest of which is a half sleeve on his forearm. Very sexy indeed. The funny part - he's a police officer and he has said it occasionally throws people off when he approaches them.

TO address the "trashy" thing - Many of the people I love have tattoos of their own and they are some of the kindest and most compassionate people I know. Trashy....I think not!
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options

^^^Obviously, I was not referring to this comment. Nice nipples!!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options

friends dont let friends get tribal ;X
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    meh.

some look good, some don't look good. some people like them, some don't.

it is all so subjective. some people like girls with long hair, some like short hair. fu@k it - pay attention to what you like.

would you start a thread "question... flip flops... do some of you NOT like them too?"
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My fiancee doesn't like tattoos. Doesn't have any. Thinks they're a waste of money.

Luckily, I get to spend my money however I like. :D
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    meh.

some look good, some don't look good. some people like them, some don't.

it is all so subjective. some people like girls with long hair, some like short hair. fu@k it - pay attention to what you like.

would you start a thread "question... flip flops... do some of you NOT like them too?"

The only tattoos I tend to NOT like are the ones that are really really ****ty (line work/coloring/obviously done at home with anything other than an actual needle)

and I would totally start a thread about flip flops.. and how I think they look ridiculous yet I still wear them lol
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    They do nothing for me but if they float your boat then good for you.
  • Patybruce
    Patybruce Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTchdCtPjwTjCxTUPT6yhPcu9R3UiKL7RdlipNfUCP_NHRA7IWf

I see this and I droooooooool... but it could also be that Adam Levine is an effing hottie!

i love tattoos and I love how full sleeves look on a man or woman.

I LOVE IT and HIM and His songs ...I Have 3 ... and I'm not done yet . My tattoos have a meaning of something very special that happened in my life ... all have a butterfly in it because is feminine and delicate and for me symbolises freedom and beauty. My husband is not a big fan of Tattoos but he respects that I like them and what they mean to me. But i also respects the ones who don't like them .... :flowerforyou:
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE tattoos, i have 2 and my husband has 6. I find them attractive as long as its not too much.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTchdCtPjwTjCxTUPT6yhPcu9R3UiKL7RdlipNfUCP_NHRA7IWf

I see this and I droooooooool... but it could also be that Adam Levine is an effing hottie!

i love tattoos and I love how full sleeves look on a man or woman.

OH MY GOOD GOD!!! I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!! I have this pic already saved on my PC. I love tattoos.. Have 8 of them myself. However, my Boyfriend has NONE! I dont mind them on a man either way!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options

friends dont let friends get tribal ;X

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options

I would assume you are joking considering you have a tattoo yourself!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos, nor does DW. However I have seen some awesome ones. This:

421362_310400995686781_137981012928781_827567_746929967_n.jpg

is simply amazing.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I find them tasteless and unattractive.

Ditto
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I heard a comedian talk about a 20-year old with a unicorn tattoo on her breast that 40-years later looked like a giraffe. The image has haunted me for years… I don’t have any. But like any art it just depends on what it is and where it’s hung. <giggles>

Right! And the rosebud I had tattooed on my boob when I was twenty is now a long-stemmed rose!